• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2012 Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Cooper plus Barnes vs Cruden and SBW. I have to say I have grave misgivings but I'll be as happy as anyone to be wrong. Will Deans go that way or put Ant in at 12?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
With McCabe out I'd love to see Barnes and Tapuai in the centers. Maybe Fainga'a instead of Taps at this stage. Still not sold on Horne.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
With McCabe out I'd love to see Barnes and Tapuai in the centers. Maybe Fainga'a instead of Taps at this stage. Still not sold on Horne.

Don't think anyone except Deans is sold on Horne yet. But no one except McCabe is screaming out to be played there. Fainga'a is limited, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) won't pass, Tapuai is just starting out at 12, Cummins doesn't inspire. First guy to absolutely play the house down should get it and on this season's play that has to be McCabe.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Times like this, this forum needs a "dislike" button. Faaaaaark!!! Taps has played almost all of his Super Rugby at 12. Him and Ant alternated a little bit last year but by and large Taps was at 12 IIRC. I do think he is a bit under done though with his injury this season. Cooper/Barnes combo looks likely now but. Not sure if that's a good thing. Not sure it's not either. Just not sure... Time will tell!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think either Horne will retain his 13 position or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will move to 13 if Mitchell is considered ready for test rugby.

I can't see Tapuai playing in the first test.

Looks like the 10/12 combo of Cooper and Barnes is really likely now.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Tapaui and Cummins could work but I wouldnt be game to start them both together v the all blacks.

I'd probably go with barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at the moment.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Genia
Cooper
Ioane
Barnes
Fainga'a
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Beale.

For fucks sake, it's not any harder than that to select.

Horne's been atrocious this year, Fainga'a outstanding. If anyone thinks its mere coincidence that the Reds were slaughtered as soon as he got injured, and then suddenly became a force again when he returned, they're barking.

And if anyone goes on about his 'limited attack', i might actually scream. He broke more tackles in one run coming off the bench in the 2nd Welsh test, than Horne did in the entire series.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I think Tapaui and Cummins could work but I wouldnt be game to start them both together v the all blacks.

I'd probably go with barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at the moment.

Taps and Cummins would make a great Australia A pairing.

And if you go Barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who plays on the wing?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Shipperly probably or Mitchell if fit.

I think your backline lacks go forward. With shipps there he can take a hit up every now and then and use his size and body position to bend the line a bit.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Deans is not keen on cooper starting due to lack of game time so i doubt taps will be any chance agter misding most of the year.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
No McCabe is a big blow, especially with SBW in for the first 2 test. Thought McCabe would have been the best for the job to shut him down. Barnes for 12, Cooper for 10!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, with Deans' odd selections and rising injury toll I'm assuming we won't see a single Brumbies player in the Wallaby XV?

When does Super Rugby start next year?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Scott, What does Robbie see that you and I don't? Because I don't get it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.