• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2012 Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
With Palu, McCalman injured, and Mowen dropped, I would have thought the next in line would be Fotu. He looks like some-one who could make an impact at international level, yes its a bit early but given the current injury status of our number 8's then why not? Samo is not up to it and Fotu is fit!

The only backrow I can see working now is Dennis 6, Higgers 8.

I like Fotu. I think he is just the kind of hard-man, no nonsense, don't-get-in-my-way type of player the Wallabies need. Kinda like Siaone Lauaki was. Hopefully his head is in a better space than Lauaki's seemed to be.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The only general consensus I can see here regarding props is that Ben Alexander can't keep his end up.
And he can't prop as well lol.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This thread is going to go into meltdown next Tuesday when Timani is named in the 30 man squad.

I'm sure Horne and Alexander's inclusions will cause plenty of angst too.

W

What2040

Jiggles please play the ball not the man.

Holmes is a solid player, but is behind Robinson, Alexander and Cowan at loosehead IMO.

If he played in a side with a dominant scrum then I would change my opinion. As it was the Reds were the third or fourth best scrum in the Aussie conference.

AND won the Aussie Conference

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Neville has the athletism that Deans appears to be searching for. Sort of like the best kiwi locks.

Timani sort of has it, but is a bit of a clutz and a bit lumbering.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If only there was a time to give Neville a run in a test jersey and to see if he ticks the right boxes to be the higher workrate lock. Oh wait, there was.

T

TOCC

Neville still has a lot to learn, right now his selection is largely based on potential... Similar to Timani, they are both still learning the finer points on the technical aspects of second row.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Neville still has a lot to learn, right now his selection is largely based on potential. Similar to Timani, they are both still learning the finer points on the technical aspects of second row.

I think both selections are because we just don't have ready made locks except Horwill & Sharpe

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Pat McCabe has been ruled out with a stress fracture in his leg.

Will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Its an ill wind....

On the down side, no one wishes an injury on anyone but on the upside Deans might be forced to play Cooper and Barnes at 10 & 12 and then bring McCabe back after injury at 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.