• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Reiko back to 12. WTF*

BLUES: Michael Collins, Jordan Hyland, Orbyn Leger, Rieko Ioane, Matt Duffie, Stephen Perofeta, Jonathan Ruru; Akira Ioane, Kara Pryor, Jimmy Tupou, Josh Goodhue, Patrick Tuipulotu, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, James Parsons (capt), Pauliasi Manu. Reserves: Matt Moulds, Ross Wright, Mike Tamoaieta, Ben Neenee , Dalton Papali'i, Sam Nock, Bryn Gatland, TJ Faiane.

* I clearly missed the Law change(s) that make it impossible to mostly attack down the left flank & bring the left wing into 1st or 2nd receiver when within ~30m of the opposition goal line. Must've happened in the off-season 'cos I'm fuckin sure I saw the AB doing it a fair bit last year......

Tana also shares his thoughts on some of the newbies.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...ues-rejig-backline-to-face-sunwolves-in-tokyo

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
A mate who works at Auckland Airport tells me the Bloos baggage handler got pulled aside by a Customs Officer as the team was leaving for Japan on account of there being a heap of disposable lighters in the team's gear.

Customs officer: "What's with all the lighters?"
Baggage handler: "They're for the players"
CO: "Eh? Why?"
BH: "Because they keep losing their matches"

Boomfah!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sunwolves: 15 Kotaro Matsushima, 14 Semisi Masirewa, 13 Timothy Lafaele, 12 Michael Little, 11 Lomano Lemeki, 10 Yu Tamura, 9 Yutaka Nagare (captain), 8 Kazuki Himeno, 7 Lappies Labuschagne, 6 Yoshitaka Tokunaga, 5 Grant Hattingh, 4 James Moore, 3 Jiwon Koo, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Craig Millar. Substitutes: 16 Jaba Bregvadse, 17 Shintaro Ishihara, 18 Nikoloz Khatiashvili, 19 Wimpie van der Walt, 20 Willie Britz, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Hayden Parker, 23 William Tupou

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sharks: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Louis Schreuder, 8 Tera Mtembu, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Philip van der Walt, 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Ruan Botha (captain), 3 Thomas du Toit, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1 Tendai Mtawarira. Substitutes: 16 Akker van der Merwe, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 John-Hubert Meyer, 19 Tyler Paul, 20 Daniel du Preez, 21 Cameron Wright, 22 Marius Louw, 23 Kobus van Wyk

Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Johnny Kotze, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Burger Odendaal (captain), 11 Divan Rossouw, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Thembelani Bholi, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Pierre Schoeman. Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Frans van Wyk, 19 Jason Jenkins, 20 Roelof Smit, 21 Andre Warner, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Duncan Mathews

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
BLam with two storming runs already, forced out in the corner first up then smashes through three defenders to score. Nice offload from Laumape & good flat ball from Beaugan to get it all started.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Whichever top secret genetics facility responsible for crafting Retallicka needs to be awarded multiple international science awards. Srsly. How the hell does a 6'8 & 120 kg lock just about run down the second fastest All Black? F*cken Lomu would've been hard pressed to get near Barrett.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Whichever top secret genetics facility responsible for crafting Retallicka needs to be awarded multiple international science awards. Srsly. How the hell does a 6'8 & 120 kg lock just about run down the second fastest All Black? F*cken Lomu would've been hard pressed to get near Barrett.

Maybe growing up in Amberley he had occasion to need to outrun his Uncle John (Cantab legend Ashworth) ?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Anybody else think it wasn't a particularly high class game? McKenzie and Barrett were standouts, but without them neither side had a lot going for them.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Anybody else think it wasn't a particularly high class game? McKenzie and Barrett were standouts, but without them neither side had a lot going for them.
dunno, sides sort of cancelled each other out. brutal intensity.
but thought the Canes D realigned so quickly, and with DMac running sideways half the time, then bailing out by biffing it to someone in a worse position once the gaps didnt open, that pretty much kneecapped the Chiffs backs out of the game. Barring when Dmacs counter attacks actually did work

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ I get why Ngatai's at 15 but they're really missing his direct running at 12, it's okay for DMac to do the sideways thing occasionally but only if his 12 or 13 are gunna straighten. Perfect example last night where Alaimalo ran outta room cos 10, 12 & 13 all drifted & shoveled.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
^^^^^^^ I get why Ngatai's at 15 but they're really missing his direct running at 12, it's okay for DMac to do the sideways thing occasionally but only if his 12 or 13 are gunna straighten. Perfect example last night where Alaimalo ran outta room cos 10, 12 & 13 all drifted & shoveled.

Thought ALB was pretty innocuous at 13 for the Chiefs. Chiefs' backline didn't look all that threatening apart from some flashes of brilliance from Mackenzie and Alaimano.