• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sharks: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Cameron Wright, 8 Dan du Preez, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Philip van der Walt, 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Ruan Botha (captain), 3 Thomas du Toit, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1 Juan Schoeman. Substitutes: 16 Akker van der Merwe, 17 Mzamo Majola, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Tyler Paul, 20 Jacques Vermeulen, 21 Louis Screuder, 22 Marius Louw, 23 Lwazi Mvovo

Stormers: 15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Craig Barry, 13 EW Viljoen, 12 Damian De Allende, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Damian Willemse, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Chris van Zyl, 4 Jan de Klerk, 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Ramone Samuels, 1 Steven Kitshoff. Substitutes: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 JC Janse van Rensburg, 18 Carlu Sadie, 19 Kobus van Dyk, 20 Nizaam Carr, 21 Paul de Wet, 22 SP Marais, 23 JJ Engelbrecht.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway, I ready for this game!! I been in China for the last 3 weekends, so rugby viewing has been obviously very limited ie NIL, so really needing my fix!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
"Synergy" @ 4:54. New record? Bloos a little unlucky there, seemed to me the Clan player got shunted over the line after being held but never released. Also not convinced Lienert-Brown didn't knock it on when the Bloos player lost it in the lead up to the first try.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
I look forward to Dalton Papali'i (20) soon working in conjunction with Blake Gibson (23). Add in Akira Ioane (22) and that looks like a good loose forward trio for at least the next five years.

Rest of the side will still probably continue to be a shambles, mind.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
I look forward to Dalton Papali'i (20) soon working in conjunction with Blake Gibson (23). Add in Akira Ioane (22) and that looks like a good loose forward trio for at least the next five years.

Rest of the side will still probably continue to be a shambles, mind.
we got good wingers too

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well Blues got done again, but I didn't think it was one of the performances you would get to bloody depressed about, genuinely thought some of those young fellas stood up last night, though I gotta say I not overly convinced about Ruru at 9, some of his passing a little bit ropey. Agree with zer0 Papili'i looks a good boy, and I do think A Ioane is looking a pretty handy 8 this year. Thay can surely do with a bit of luck re the injury front I think.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Crowd size has to be a concern for the remaining home matches, place looked fairly empty meanwhile 18K rocked up to Mt Smart for Warriors v Dragons. Plenty of bandwagon-jumpers no doubt with Warriors now 6&1 for the season & Bloos 2&6.

EDIT: crowd of 4K according to a stuff.co.nz article today. Same site different article says 9K at AMI for crusaders v Sunwolves.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
"Synergy" @ 4:54. New record?
Ooh missed that one fast forwarding on the youtubes. Hardly surprising it came so early though, opposing teams are capable of creating a LOT of synergy vs the Blues. 12-0 after 5 minutes.

5-0 after 37 seconds is a virtual kama sutran synergistic orgasmatron.

On the bright side, at least that shrieking fuckwit New England Crusader cheerleader Tony Johnstone wasnt there to peddle his vicious disdain for anything and everything Auckland.
Although even Sumo was bemoaning Tana's guileless possession-based game plan. Can understand all that "earn the right to go wide" mantra but that only works for the professional rugby teams. Was so obvious that it was NEVER goign to open up for amateur plodders like the Blues but it was their only option really with no kicking skills and too lazy/thick/disorganised/amateur to do that organised line speed D like the pro teams do. So with zero creativity and zero incisive attacking prowess, their only fall back option was rugby league hit-ups into brick walls until someone dropped it. Blues plodded along as best they could considering their 18 injuries and the fact that they were matched up against a professional rugby team.
The equivalent of stalling at work until it's knock-off time.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
So I got 7/7 on Superbru over the weekend. I am in the top 5% and I have scored 4 "underdog" achievements so far:

Underdog

You picked a result that most of the community did not expect.
You have won this badge 4 times
Match 36: Jaguares 49 - 35 Emirates Lions
Match 39: Blues 40 - 63 Cell C Sharks
Match 54: Cell C Sharks 10 - 40 Vodacom Bulls
Match 61: Brumbies 20 - 25 Jaguares

Problem is, I don't know who to pick between the Blues, who always lose when I favour them, and the Jaguares who have never won in NZ. Any thoughts Dismal Pillock?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
So at pretty much the halfway mark the top eight currently looks like this:

1. Lions 30 points (played 9)
2. Crusaders 29 (8)
3. Waratahs 24 (8)
4. Hurricanes 27 (7)
5. Chiefs 26 (8)
6. Highlanders 24 (7)
7. Rebels 21 (8)
8. Bulls 19 (8)

If the teams were to finish in that order, the quarter-finals would be:

Lions v Bulls
Crusaders v Rebels
Waratahs v Highlanders
Hurricanes v Chiefs

Unlikely to stay that way, though, maybe it's time to start thinking about one of those "The Road Home" analysis pieces.

This week's matches (times are AEST):

Hurricanes v Sunwolves 17:35 Friday

Blues v Jaguares 17:35 Saturday

Bulls v Highlanders 1:15 Sunday

UAA10 is up, complete with mst's awesome new feature image:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/un-australian-activities-round-10-2018/#disqus_thread

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
due to the UNICEF crippled children aspect of the comp the whole thing has left itself open to potential massive tanking chicanery in the last couple of rounds as the NZ teams could try to position themselves to land a "ribbon for everyone" Aussie side in 1st playoff round to avoid playing another NZ team