• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
A bit late tuning in & what's the first thing I see but old mate Lavanini with a no-arms tackle that allows the CruSadists to roll downfield & Mataele to stroll over.

19-0 at the break, a BP win puts them top of the NZ Conference albeit having played an extra game.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Jammy New England Crusaders coast to another win.
Jags STILL never beaten a NZ side.
Patrick Bateman, Bridge, David Hava Nagilah, Hunt, Beavis Drummond, backs hardly seem like championship vintage out there yet they're the champs and they keep winning

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Jammy New England Crusaders coast to another win.
Jags STILL never beaten a NZ side.
Patrick Bateman, Bridge, David Hava Nagilah, Hunt, Beavis Drummond, backs hardly seem like championship vintage out there yet they're the champs and they keep winning
That's what you Jafa's need to learn it's about the team and not the stars

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
it's about the team and not the stars

WELL, NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Thanks for keeping me fucken updated.
Any other breathtaking ingots of wisdom you can trawl out of your phlegm-soaked datehole?
  • look left and right before crossing road.
  • wear a raincoat when it rains.
  • thickly state the obvious on the internet.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
CruSadists temporarily top of the NZ Conference going into their bye week in which they'll be overtaken by the winner of Friday's 'canes v Tribe.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
WELL, NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Thanks for keeping me fucken updated.
Any other breathtaking ingots of wisdom you can trawl out of your phlegm-soaked datehole?
  • look left and right before crossing road.
  • wear a raincoat when it rains.
  • thickly state the obvious on the internet.
My my, pick up your bottom lip and suck it up princess. The Bloose will start winning shortly. The law of statistics is on your side.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
That's what you Jafa's need to learn it's about the team and not the stars

Yeah what the Blues need is a tough southern man to be coach.... that will sort them.... just like when Frank Oliver coached them in 2001.....oh wait....

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Staggering to read that at just 23 he's played 48 in straight Tribe games & gone the full 80 in 40 of them.

The kid is tough as hell. He seems involved in play all the time and really cops a hiding. Although he always seems to beat the first man those mazy runs usually come to an end with his dwarf arse getting smashed

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
How do you fuckers make players like Ta'avao and Lousi look good? It shits me to tears. I mean, all that investment in mediocrity at the Tahs is for nought. You Kiwis are so passive aggressive.

Thought this was interesting:

"A former New Zealand Warriors rugby league player, [Lousi] the 26-year-old arrived at the Hurricanes with little knowledge of rugby or its laws. That was despite two years at the Waratahs.

"Where the Hurricanes have impressed upon him a need to nail set-pieces first and foremost, the Waratahs were happy to just let him run."

Which is SOP for every big Polynesian the Warriors have ever had but you'd expect a little better from the 'tahs.

EDIT: I'd actually expect better from any Super Rugby side given that in our game it's seldom enough to just be the biggest guy out there.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...a-shot-at-anthony-joshuas-world-boxing-titles

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think that the Tahs managed him well at all but it's probably a little harsh to discount the fact that two years of playing rugby games (a mix of club, NRC and Super) would have put him in a far better position to take the next steps of nailing the set piece now.

Lousi is playing very well now but I don't think anyone could have got him to produce that in his first two seasons of rugby. He has come on leaps and bounds since last year. He also missed the bulk of his first season with the Tahs after shoulder surgery.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't think that the Tahs managed him well at all but it's probably a little harsh to discount the fact that two years of playing rugby games (a mix of club, NRC and Super) would have put him in a far better position to take the next steps of nailing the set piece now.

Lousi is playing very well now but I don't think anyone could have got him to produce that in his first two seasons of rugby. He has come on leaps and bounds since last year. He also missed the bulk of his first season with the Tahs after shoulder surgery.

But Braveheart, the signs were there in his games at the Tahs. He clearly had huge potential to be hard-charging lock of which the Tahs had one, Skelton, but he headed off overseas before he could pay back the investment. There was NO ONE coming through behind and we told our best prospect he wasn't good enough to make it. Better rugby judges thought differently. So now we are left with Simmons, Hanigan, Staniforth, none of whom can break a tackle or charge a line effectively, but the number one rated team in NZ is selecting Lousi first-up in the row every week. This is the direct result of Gibson not understanding the role of power in the modern forward pack. He has never got it and I doubt he ever will. It is THE major weakness in a team which should be a favourite for the trophy, but which will be lucky to make the eight.

Pissed? Too right I am. With recruiting its sometimes hard to see who will be good in the future. Nadolo was one we mis-identified and I don't feel TOO bad about. But Lousi had some cracker games for the Tahs but just wasn't wanted. Word is Chieka was absolutely furious Lousi was let go, so its not just keyboard warrior angst.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
But Lousi had some cracker games for the Tahs but just wasn't wanted. Word is Chieka was absolutely furious Lousi was let go, so its not just keyboard warrior angst.

It's not just Lousi, we've had the same sort of big ball carrying locks in Sitaleki Timani, Lousi, and Skelton at the Waratahs over the last 10 years and none of them were ever able to completely nail down the position (although Skelton came close in the end) and go on to bigger and better things.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But Braveheart, the signs were there in his games at the Tahs. He clearly had huge potential to be hard-charging lock of which the Tahs had one, Skelton, but he headed off overseas before he could pay back the investment. There was NO ONE coming through behind and we told our best prospect he wasn't good enough to make it. Better rugby judges thought differently. So now we are left with Simmons, Hanigan, Staniforth, none of whom can break a tackle or charge a line effectively, but the number one rated team in NZ is selecting Lousi first-up in the row every week. This is the direct result of Gibson not understanding the role of power in the modern forward pack. He has never got it and I doubt he ever will. It is THE major weakness in a team which should be a favourite for the trophy, but which will be lucky to make the eight.

Pissed? Too right I am. With recruiting its sometimes hard to see who will be good in the future. Nadolo was one we mis-identified and I don't feel TOO bad about. But Lousi had some cracker games for the Tahs but just wasn't wanted. Word is Chieka was absolutely furious Lousi was let go, so its not just keyboard warrior angst.

Of course the signs were there. He did have some really good moments.

He didn't head off overseas. He moved home because an opportunity presented itself.