• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

ahh... whats going on with Digby?

164473-110827-quade-cooper.jpg

the rugby version of Dennis Rodman?

U

undercoverkiwi

Fair call. $13-20m NZRU worst case and $39-59m all up?

IRB don't take a hit though, cunning gentlemen that they are...

NZRU stands to lose somewhere in the $13m area, which is a fair whack but they get their stadiums redeveloped as part of the deal (funded mosrly by the government). So it's an investment in the future. Also gives us a good shot at winning the thing, which means quite a bit of $$$ as well.

U

undercoverkiwi

Yes we are all working very hard to make the IRB as much money as possible. I think the main revenue for NZRU is from ticket sales. All sponsorship goes to IRB. Bill for the expenses including IRB goes to NZRU. So Sneddon is considered succesful if he makes a $39million loss. Either way everyone knew this going into the bidding for the RWC.

No, sorry, you're still wrong. Losses currently estrimated at $39m, of which NZ govt under-writes 2/3, so in the area of $13m cost to NZRU. And fancy new stadiums, goodwill, revival of rugby (hopefully, especially if we win) etc, etc.

If any organisation can get their government to basically stump up £26m so they can have a big party that will have ongoing benefits to them, that's good business.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, Undercoverkiwi, it is good business. The unfortunate reality of staging a RWC will be the financial hit for many candidates, and the position for NZ was well known beforehand. Given the disruption this year with Christchurch, if the NZRU gets out with only $13 million lost, it will be fine.

W

Waylon

NZ will get a massive injection of $$$$$$$$$ for hosting the RWC. Portly Brits will spend billions on lager and pies, the tourist destinations will be over run at a time when tourism is in the doldrums globally.......$13 mill is less than the Oz governments weekly welfare payout to our cuzzy bros sunning themselves on the Gold Coast.

Genia will play. He has a few zippers in his head........so? This is a Tri Nations "final".

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
In relation to Genia and his possible "concussion", I would imagine that after the Bearnes problems this season the team Dr would be pretty careful not to have a repeat. I am sure they are twice as careful now and if it was a concussion then I would imagine Barnes would have a good chat to Sanchez as a warning

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
ahh... whats going on with Digby?

164473-110827-quade-cooper.jpg

the rugby version of Dennis Rodman?

Well O'Conner is going the Justin Bieber look, Diggers is going a bit more grungy for the Pat Smear look (of the Germs, Nirvana and Foo Fighters fame)

main1.jpg

T

TOCC

150px-Dennis_Rodman_ToPo.jpg

Lets just hope Digby never wears a weeding dress to promote his biography

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I hope Diggers is off somewhere getting a green Southern Cross painted into that haircut to really complete the Rodman look.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think today's shitty weather is great news for the Wallabies.

We'll be forced into playing "direct rugby" and kicking for field position. I'm hoping to see lots of lineouts tonight. We have 4 good jumping options and Mealamu threw plenty that weren't straight but were let go at Eden Park. I reckon the Wallabies crowd will make sure the ref knows all about it if he repeats that performance.

I pretty much want to see the opposite tactics to what the Reds used last year against the Bulls - Ball out of play a lot.

It might not be pretty to watch tonight but after 10 years without a series victory, I'll take a win no matter how it's delivered.

something

Jim Clark (26)
how do you think mccabe & afinga will go up against nonu & conrad smith. i think they have better centres than us. that being said mccabe and finger both very good defenders - opinions?

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think they'll go ok. For the WC I would really like Fainga'a and Horne to be the combo. Great defence while offering attacking options that offset the Three Amigos.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
how do you think mccabe & afinga will go up against nonu & conrad smith. i think they have better centres than us. that being said mccabe and finger both very good defenders - opinions?

I think A Fainga'a will prove his value and tackle hard, low and often. My only fear is he will come out of the line too early and leave a gap.

That being said, A Fainga'a 3 points tonight, most turnovers and never leaving the team until we win the world cup

Scotty

David Codey (61)
A lot of blind side running from the forwards and contestable box kicking is on the cards. Our centers should suit a wet weather game where they won't be expected to pass it much!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
This shitty fucken rain reminds me of a test match in London.
Hope the wallabies like scrums tonight as much as the AB do

Its so light the rain, but been going all day.

Reminds me of ballymore when it was raining. But you don't come tit up on the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.