• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Suncorp has awesome drainage so the rain won't hurt the playing surface just the handling.

I think we might be in for a struggle at scrum time.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not sure I like the balance of our centre pairing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing, but hopefully I'm proven wrong tonight.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
At least AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is in a position where he doesn't have to pass, because he's shown in the last couple of tests that he would rather try and do it himself (possibly to "prove" his form) rather than give it to someone in a better position.

C

chriscullen

I think they'll go ok. For the WC I would really like Fainga'a and Horne to be the combo. Great defence while offering attacking options that offset the Three Amigos.

I think Horne is overrated and is a real weak link if he gets game time. Fainga'a is a real find for the Wallabies, I hope he gets regular game time internationally so he can cement a starting spot.

W

What2040

how do you think mccabe & afinga will go up against nonu & conrad smith. i think they have better centres than us. that being said mccabe and finger both very good defenders - opinions?

To be honest that question scares the shit out of me - interesting to see the battle in the tight 5

Australia by 6 (I hope)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not too worried by the Kiwi centres in this weather, any ball they get in this weather won't be of good enough quality for them to have time to create setplays and McCabe and Fainga'a should have enough time to cover them in defence. More so looking forward to the battle of the packs, I think this will be the true test of our scrum and if we can gain ascendancy we will be in a good spot for the world cup, which will more than likely be in similar conditions.

Big psychological blow if we can get a win tonight and put the Kiwi's at -2 going into the world cup.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
This rain is fucking ridiculous, I'm very pleased I got my tickets for free and haven't spent $100 to sit in the rain.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fark, the closer I get to the city the heavier the rain. Poncho and drizabone weather out tonight lads. Hope it pisses off but I don't think so.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah, it's really pouring down now. Bringing the Goretex trekking pants out tonight. Waterproof boots too I think.

U

undercoverkiwi

Yeah, Undercoverkiwi, it is good business. The unfortunate reality of staging a RWC will be the financial hit for many candidates, and the position for NZ was well known beforehand. Given the disruption this year with Christchurch, if the NZRU gets out with only $13 million lost, it will be fine.

The thing that annoys me is the losses (that Kiwis are complaining aboiut) will be partly down to empty stadiums at games like Tonga v Canada. Cause Kiwis sadly don't get out and watch the rugby we claim to be so passionate about. We can't even sell out 3N matches. Crazy. I can't believe a rugby fan would sit at home in Auckland when there's tickets available for a Bledisloe Cup game at Eden Park. And then moan when the NZRU can't afford to keeep players like Hosea Gear in New Zealand.

But now I'm going off on one.

U

undercoverkiwi

In relation to Genia and his possible "concussion", I would imagine that after the Bearnes problems this season the team Dr would be pretty careful not to have a repeat. I am sure they are twice as careful now and if it was a concussion then I would imagine Barnes would have a good chat to Sanchez as a warning

I might have ths totally wrong, please let me know, but did the Wallabies not wear black arm bands in the opening 3N game because a young player had died from a concussion-related complication?

U

undercoverkiwi

how do you think mccabe & afinga will go up against nonu & conrad smith. i think they have better centres than us. that being said mccabe and finger both very good defenders - opinions?

I'm quite looking forward to Nonu and Smith against your midfield. I think it's a real weakness.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
The positive out of rain is that we need experience playing in the wet, as there's a fair chance at least some of the RWC games will be like so. Wet weather rugby has never been an aussie forte and conversely the NH teams (i.e. the Poms) will be praying for rain the whole world cup. We need to get some wet weather time under our belt and hopefully a win too which will help immensely when we fly across the ditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.