• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I might have ths totally wrong, please let me know, but did the Wallabies not wear black arm bands in the opening 3N game because a young player had died from a concussion-related complication?

Yes, you have it wrong. He died of a cerebral haemorrhage sustained in a tackle, not having suffered a previous concussion. Halle Appleby.

U

undercoverkiwi

Heh undercover those two centres had some of the best defensive stats in super rugby this year, they'll hold ok.

Can't take anything away from that, apart from it's Super Rugby. I know what they're good at, I just don't don't think they're that good at it.

U

undercoverkiwi

Yes, you have it wrong. He died of a cerebral haemorrhage sustained in a tackle, not having suffered a previous concussion. Halle Appleby.

Ahh, thanks. Forgive my misunderstanding of the facts.

U

undercoverkiwi

Whatever the weather, here's hoping for a good match.

Good luck, all the best.

NZ by 7

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
This shitty fucken rain reminds me of a test match in London.
Hope the wallabies like scrums tonight as much as the AB do

Its so light the rain, but been going all day.

Reminds me of ballymore when it was raining. But you don't come tit up on the hill.

London's the driest place in Britain. It's in three massive rain shadows (otherwise called Cornwall and Devon, Wales and Ireland). Come to Limerick; better yet, come to Crosshaven, where I can stand 150m above the Atlantic and look at Antartica or America with nothing in between but grey ocean.

It's. A. Winter. Game. MTFU!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am outside the ground. Rain has stopped and looks like it has passed over on the weather radar but everything very wet with no chance of drying now.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
You. Have. Winter. All. Farkin'. Year. So. Are. Used. To. It.

Why do you think it's called Hibernia? From "hiber" - winter. I am, personally, a noted rain god; as you will remember, it was chucking down at the SCG, and I've been rained on on the Elim dune in the Namib.

Anyway, it's late summer/early autumn here; the rain's warm. Although there's this bright yellow thing in the sky at the moment. I don't know what it is. It burns. I don't like it. It's not right...

C

chief

Rain has stopped, should be clear from here on. Surface will be pretty wet, would expect problems at scrum time but that's about it.

Wallabies to win by 1 point.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Why do you think it's called Hibernia? From "hiber" - winter. I am, personally, a noted rain god; as you will remember, it was chucking down at the SCG, and I've been rained on on the Elim dune in the Namib.

Anyway, it's late summer/early autumn here; the rain's warm. Although there's this bright yellow thing in the sky at the moment. I don't know what it is. It burns. I don't like it. It's not right...
Relax, the yellow thing won't last. Take your Vitamin D.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Originally from the Greek Iouernia, meaning 'abundant land', subsequently mistranslated by Tacitus.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
NZ by 7. Will be a better showing from the wallabies, but I think the weather will mean that we dont get on top of them in the end.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
more excited than an 8yr old on Xmas eve - bring it on - best pack for a long time - full of stand-and-deliver men

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Originally from the Greek Iouernia, meaning 'abundant land', subsequently mistranslated by Tacitus.

That's actually a Hellenicised back-formation from a Brythonic take on "Eire", one of the triple tutelary goddesses of the island, Banba, Fodla and Eire. Iwerddon in Modern Welsh, so probably closer to Iweron in Brythonic.

Now; there's posh.

Status
Not open for further replies.