• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
ok so hes had a handful of games and what does he do in the range of locking skills:

strong push in scrum
lineout - safe on own ball / steal opposition ball
good mauler
runner
good supporter
good cleanouts
hits lot of breakdowns?
good defender?

mmmm......

lol, I think Simmons is doing ok.

Whitelock vs Boks: 7 tackles, 4 runs for 11m, in first 3 to breakdown (atk) 23 times, 1st 3 breakdown (def) 3 times

Simmons vs Boks: 13 tackles, 3 runs for 3m, in first 3 to breakdown ( atk) 22 times, 1st 3 breakdown (def) 6 times.

He is keeping his head down and getting the work done like a smart young lock should IMO.

W

What2040

Quoting tblackadder
i just joined this forum becuase i wanetd to ask - who the f*#@ is Rob Simmons and what has he done ever (apart from win S14 with the reds).

to me he seems like reuben thonre mr invisibale

Jeez harsh call there - bloody good workhorse for mine

T

TOCC

i hope this doesnt become another case of people hating player 'X' for no good reason apart from the fact that he replaced player 'Y'

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
i hope this doesnt become another case of people hating player 'X' for no good reason apart from the fact that he replaced player 'Y'

It already has

player x = Simmons
player y = Sharpe.

It is childish.

T

tranquility

can anyone dig up the footage of the scrap between Simmonds and Wykes from a few years back?

Good for a giggle..

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thinking about this again I think Robbie sees something in Simmons that he doesnlt think Sharpe can bring (doh, obvious, I know).

Bear with me. The real estate where the World Cup will be won is in the collission with the way the game has evolved this year and the way the refs are fucking it u...I mean blowing it. That means clearing rucks quickly on defense and offense is becoming more of an asset than ever before. I think Simmons is more effective in that sense than Sharpe and Robbie must think there's enough leadership in the pack to now not need Sharpe. Samoa. Got snotted at the collission. No shape in the rest of the play.

If you want these young backs to have maximum effect you need to get them the ball pronto while the defense is still looking to organise and that means haveing more big bodies at the breakdown to clean and recycle.

x > y in this case. I have no doubt about that.

See. Four years of math at Uni had some purpose.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah, I think with Simmons you get a good, strong, smart young lock with a real motor on him, which we'll need to hit all the rucks that will be popping up everywhere when our backs are having a crack.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Next thing you know people will be hating on players who deserve their selection... like Hodgson or McCalman...

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
New Zealand $1.25
Australia $3.75

Going to be hard to keep me quiet as I have 10 Kiwis at my house for my big screen and $50 on Aussie at the TAB for the win!

Aussie odds that split??

A

antipodean

Those are absurd odds. Surely there are enough Wallaby supporters throwing good money on this match?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
New Zealand $1.25
Australia $3.75

Going to be hard to keep me quiet as I have 10 Kiwis at my house for my big screen and $50 on Aussie at the TAB for the win!

Aussie odds that split??

Australia $3.50
New Zealand $1.28

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It already has

player x = Simmons
player y = Sharpe.

It is childish.

I really don't think it has, yet. Plenty of people are questioning the selection but I don't see any hate being dished out onto Simmons

Thinking about this again I think Robbie sees something in Simmons that he doesnlt think Sharpe can bring (doh, obvious, I know).

Bear with me. The real estate where the World Cup will be won is in the collission with the way the game has evolved this year and the way the refs are fucking it u...I mean blowing it. That means clearing rucks quickly on defense and offense is becoming more of an asset than ever before. I think Simmons is more effective in that sense than Sharpe and Robbie must think there's enough leadership in the pack to now not need Sharpe. Samoa. Got snotted at the collission. No shape in the rest of the play.

If you want these young backs to have maximum effect you need to get them the ball pronto while the defense is still looking to organise and that means haveing more big bodies at the breakdown to clean and recycle.

x > y in this case. I have no doubt about that.

See. Four years of math at Uni had some purpose.

This is the only thing I've seen so far that makes me think Sharpe may actually be on the outer with RD, and I'm yet to be convinced Simmons does offer more but I guess we shall see come Saturday night.

If the World Cup combo isn't Horwill, Simmons, Vicks and Sharpe then I'll be pretty damn surprised. Thanks for the guesswork Robbie

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Bear with me. The real estate where the World Cup will be won is in the collision with the way the game has evolved this year and the way the refs are fucking it u...I mean blowing it.

If you want these young backs to have maximum effect you need to get them the ball pronto while the defense is still looking to organise and that means having more big bodies at the breakdown to clean and recycle.

fucking it u...I mean blowing it. - either is good as the receiver.

But talking about rugby: I know what you mean. You can't win a game without it and I fear that the Wallabies will retreat from the contest as they did at Loftus, and in Sydney last year, which should have been won also - and in Hong Kong when they would have lost it but for a mistake by The Duck - against England on the EOYT for the whole game - and even against the Boks when the bench came on 2 weeks ago.

We have to have that physical presence for as long as they do, at least. If we do that our backs will sing - sing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.