• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Thanks RR. Hopefully I'll be able to make it all work but just in case my offer still stands

tell her you want to go for a few early drinks to show her she's special. There's this new place called the Harlequin in Ultimo you heard of and sounds interesting...

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It is my mate's girlfriend who is organising it for his birthday but I'm sure she'll appreciate the thought ;)

Nice choice of venue though, better check it out...

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
if you want something local, the AB hotel and toxteth are both walking distance and will be showing the game. The AB is the bigger venue of the 2.

T

tblackadder

i just joined this forum becuase i wanetd to ask - who the f*#@ is Rob Simmons and what has he done ever (apart from win S14 with the reds).

to me he seems like reuben thonre mr invisibale

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scored one of the greatest spectator tries ever in the final. I think that's his career defining moment thus far ;)

T

tblackadder

haha...yeh that was not a funny moment in the game....when your team are down and you are desparate for them to be the next to score and then the other side scores a cheap arse try (almost)

i also joined becuase the green and gold podcasts are the only ones which actually talk about rugby in any detail........so kudos for that

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Welcome Todd (that is you right?)

It is a bit early to cast judgement on Simmons, as he only had his first full game for the Wallabies against the Boks. This week will tell us a lot more about him I reckon. He is a solid workhorse-type lock who never really physically dominates in either attack or defence, and that is my one reservation about him being our starting lock.

By the sounds of it he is 3rd on the lock pecking order in Robbie's eyes behind Horwill and Vickerman.

R

Rev Spooner

Welcome Todd (that is you right?)

It is a bit early to cast judgement on Simmons, as he only started his first Wallaby game against the Boks. This week will tell us a lot more about him I reckon. He is a solid workhorse-type lock who never really physically dominates in either attack or defence, and that is my one reservation about him being our starting lock.

By the sounds of it he is 3rd on the lock pecking order in Robbie's eyes behind Horwill and Vickerman.

he's played 7 tests now - debut was against the Boks last year.

T

tblackadder

ok so hes had a handful of games and what does he do in the range of locking skills:

strong push in scrum
lineout - safe on own ball / steal opposition ball
good mauler
runner
good supporter
good cleanouts
hits lot of breakdowns?
good defender?

mmmm......

R

Rev Spooner

ok so hes had a handful of games and what does he do in the range of locking skills:

strong push in scrum
good mauler
runner
good supporter
good cleanouts
hits lot of breakdowns?
good defender?

mmmm......

He does all of those plus he calls the linouts

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

strong push in scrum
good mauler
runner
good supporter
good cleanouts
hits lot of breakdowns?
good defender?

mmmm......
I watched him play every game this year. He is the lock you need in the tight! No fancy stuff just plays tight all day hitting rucks and moving players out of the way. Perfect foild for Horwill and Vickermann.

Status
Not open for further replies.