• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Reports today that a 4/3 split will be used with fainga'a, Cowan, vickerman, burgess, fainga'a and turner. Wouldn't be a bad idea I think, especially as Fainga'a and Turner could help close out a game - it also indicates Elsom and pocock playing a full game which would be nice.

so the arguments about the merits of the various back row bench options are mute as none are being used

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not quite, as he will now have to decide between Higgers and Hodgson.

Shouldn't be a big decision - as Slim keeps reminding us, Higgers is a great winger, forced by circumstance to play in the forwards. Why wouldn't you take the 2 for 1 option?

R

Rev Spooner

Hodgson and McCalman haven't impressed me greatly so far. McCalman works hard but struggles to dominate at the advantage line.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Hodgson and McCalman haven't impressed me greatly so far. McCalman works hard but struggles to dominate at the advantage line.

As Scotty said on another thread, I don't think that's his job. We have Horwill and Kepu as battering rams. McCalman's job is to follow Pocock into breakdowns that are deliberately on the opposite side of the field from the last breakdown, over and over again, until the opposition forwards can't get there any more and our backs have free rein.

R

Rev Spooner

As Scotty said on another thread, I don't think that's his job. We have Horwill and Kepu as battering rams. McCalman's job is to follow Pocock into breakdowns that are deliberately on the opposite side of the field from the last breakdown, over and over again, until the opposition forwards can't get there any more and our backs have free rein.

Why can't he do both - he's not a small bloke.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shouldn't be a big decision - as Slim keeps reminding us, Higgers is a great winger, forced by circumstance to play in the forwards. Why wouldn't you take the 2 for 1 option?

Haha, but you can now blame Deans for actually playing him there!

R

Rev Spooner

Reid takes it up a fair bit and Beau Robinson took it up a lot for the Reds this year - still doesn't stop them from getting to the remaining breakdowns. there are other forwards who can do that job.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
I just had some flights booked, and trying to organise some tickets now.

Anyone from here going to the game?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ok so my mates girlfriend has organised a dinner for 7.30 sat night at Glebe Pt Diner here in syd (v nice place IMO). If anyone wants to go in my place wearing an appropriate disguise I'll shout your dinner and drinks and feel free to behave in whatever manner you see fit. Send me a PM...

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
don't even want to contemplate it... Lalalala

CK20I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.