• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations - AUS v SAF 23rd July 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

How is it that you want to punish Moore, but are fine with leaving Alexander starting? Moore didn't do himself any favours, but he wasn't even close to being the worst forward.

There isn't a credible front rower to replace him. Fainga'a is credible.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Samoa loss is bad news for the Bokke. After their A Team fixed their plane , they landed last night in Sydney and had their firs training this morning.

SARugby
World Cup-winning lock Johann Muller and star flanker Heinrich Brussow trained on their own on Monday as the Springboks had their first field session in Australia in preparation for Saturday's Castle Tri-Nations Test against the Wallabies in Sydney. The pair continued their rehabilitation from hamstring and knee injuries respectively as the team practiced on a dry and sunny morning at the North Sydney Oval.

All the other 26 players took a full part in the session, which Springbok coach Peter de Villiers said was designed to loosen up the players after the delayed flight to Sydney on Saturday night.

"The boys had a good run out to shake the trip out of their systems and we're back in in the full swing now," said De Villiers. "Johann and Heinrich are coming along nicely and we'll give them another 24 hours before making a final decision."

The Springboks name their team for the opening Castle Tri-Nations test of the season on Tuesday

Holding tumbs to see Brussouw at least in the match 22. Massive challenge on the weekend.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Moore was on fire for the last month of the Brumbies season. I don't think he'll get dropped.

At least with the team announced tomorrow, they'll have all week to work on some moves.

If Deans really wants to capitalise on the Reds success, he needs to pick them tomorrow. Hopefully the confidence they've been playing with will then spread to the rest of the side.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Could Fainga'a and McCabe play 12 & 13 respectively?? On form they should and it could be just the wake up call AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs.

1 Kepu
2 Moore
3 Baxter
4 Sharpe
5 Horwill
6 Elsom
7 Pocock
8 Samo
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Ioane
12 Fainga'a
13 McCabe
14 OConnor
15 Beale

16 Fainga'a
17 Alexander
18 Simmons
19 Higginbotham
20 Robinson/Hodgson/McCalman
21 Giteau
22 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

W

What2040

My team
1. Alexander
2. Fainga'a (Moore needs to be punished)
3. Kepu
4. Sharpe
5. Horwill
6. Elsom
7. Pocock
8. Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Fainga'a
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Beale

It's a tinge of Red. Moore will be back in two weeks time for the All Blacks game better than ever knowing that his position in the 22 is guaranteed, with TPN and Fainga'a in contention as well. A bit of healthy competition never hurts, by dropping Moore this will ensure he is back to his best.

If Moore needs to be punished then kepu and Alexander need to be in the grandstand. Sharpie needs to hit a ruck and maul every now and again as opposed to always folding around and looking for the run. Lots of fellas had their chance yesterday and did not take advantage of the opportunity - Davies, Robinson, Gits, kepu, Alexanbder and dare I say Rocky (although to be fair has only had the 1 game so can only improve on that). Hopefully the Samoa game will be motivation for tyher rest of year.

O

OLDDOG

I just dont understand how baxter and alexander are even being considered ??????

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Could Fainga'a and McCabe play 12 & 13 respectively?? On form they should and it could be just the wake up call AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs.

Saffer style. I like it, Cooper would always some one to dish the ball to in traffic, and to make his tackles for him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
With Robinson and Slipper gone, I don't have too much of a problem with Baxter. He's a solid scrummager now, and will be in the tight play - both he will do better than Alexander. Only other options are Daley and Cowan - Daley better around the field and in tight, but his scrummaging is just too weak at test level. He's only young, and his time to improve his scrummaging - but I think it will take a few years. Cowan is a better scrummager than Daley - but still not great by any stretch, and offers a lot less around the field than Daley. Baxter is the best of both worlds.

In an ideal world we would not have lost 2 of our top 3 props before the 3N and be stuck again with Alexander - surely one of the few professional TH props who wears mouldeds. According to Slipper's twitter, it's 21 mil studs all the way - which is what it should be for a prop.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I only have one reservation about picking Baxter: will he get murdered by the refs at scrum time? Other than that, I'd be happy to see him in a Wallaby jersey this year after the season he's had.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Likely Springbok holding team. :)

1. Greyling (best loosehead in SA this year for my money better scrummager than Oosthuizen)
2. Smit
3. Kruger
4. Flip vd Merwe - tough, no nonsense, great at the collision
5. Hargreaves - very good lineout player, good with ball in hand but a bit of a wimp in contact
6. Stegmann
7. Ashely Johnson
8. Danie Rossouw (could easily start at 7 or 5 as well)
9. Pienaar
10 Steyn
11. Basson
12. Olivier
13. de Jongh
14. Aplon
15. Lambie (would prefer him in 12, Aplon at 15 and Mvovo at 14)

16. Chilliboy
17. Oosthuizen
18. Muller
19. Kankowski
20. Brussow (not to be rushed - won't start)
21. McCleod
22. Jantjes

What the fuck, I thought you guys were picking your B team?

That team is very exciting, Aplon, De Jongh, Lambie, Basson, Johnson. It could be a fast wide game with a team like that. I like that young B team better than your old A team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah I think it's a bit of a myth SA doesn't have decent backline depth. It does look like a B team, not one player in the 15 would make the 1st XV apart from Smit who shouldn't (Blue, Paarl am I right?) - even the bench guys apart from Brussow wouldn't make the 22

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah I think it's a bit of a myth SA doesn't have decent backline depth. It does look like a B team, not one player in the 15 would make the 1st XV apart from Smit who shouldn't (Blue, Paarl am I right?) - even the bench guys apart from Brussow wouldn't make the 22

Difficult to say. A lot of form players in Blou's team. The Bokke stars have had a good S100.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think Baxter will be fine in Gold and is our best still standing option. When Slipper comes back, would love to see Baxter on the Bench. I think he will be fine with the Ref's.

R

rugbyfan

1 Kepu
2 Moore
3 Longbottom
4 Sharpe
5 Horwill
6 Elsom
7 Pocock (c)
8 McCalman
9 Genia
10 Cooper