• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations - AUS v SAF 23rd July 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Just watching the replay (again)

What's struck me is how well most of the team seems to genuinely get on. You know all the superstars out the back get on well, and the pack really seem to be looking after each other as well. Similar age groups?

Also, thought Quade had a pretty ordinary second half decision making wise. A lot of low percentage chips and kick short cuts. Took the pressure off

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, I get the impression Quade plays to the shape rather than making the shape sometimes, part of his constant search for opportunity? Think Rocky and Horwill coming off was much of the driver for the drop off there. And Lambie coming on of course.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I know I'm going on about him a bit, but I think the biggest influence on shape for the Wallabies is Genia. If he thinks Quade is getting silly, he just doesn't give it to him - he will box kick or keep it in the forwards. Once Quade is playing in space and has opportunity with his team in front, he can go a bit silly trying to use every skill he can think off.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What's struck me is how well most of the team seems to genuinely get on. You know all the superstars out the back get on well, and the pack really seem to be looking after each other as well. Similar age groups?

I would concur with that. They seem to be a fairly happy and united bunch. They also seem to really believe in their coach and that's not surprising. You generally have a high amount of loyalty to the manager who hired you and Deans brought most of these guys into the team.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I know I'm going on about him a bit, but I think the biggest influence on shape for the Wallabies is Genia. If he thinks Quade is getting silly, he just doesn't give it to him - he will box kick or keep it in the forwards. Once Quade is playing in space and has opportunity with his team in front, he can go a bit silly trying to use every skill he can think off.

I think Genia could end up being one of the best, if not the best, players in the world by the end of the year.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Agree with Genia comments for sure, but he didn't come off until what, 64 mins? Chiliboy had his try by then.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You could see how well they got on at training yesterday. There was a lot of teasing and joking around. The twins were in everything.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to the Wallabies, well played and deserved winners.

Struggle to find any positives for the Bokke, maybe Mvovo and Lampie. Our forwards werent that bad but the Bok backline sorrows started with Pienaar who made some shockers. This weekend its going to be much tougher.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
PB, if Smit were to get axed (a big IF, I know), who would be the replacement you'd most like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.