• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

TRC 2016: Matches not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Argentina have done well here and showed some endeavour.

But let's not overrate what we're seeing.

They're still going to get pumped by a large margin.
Precisely. They did score a try in the first 2 minutes though, that's where the real comparison lies ;-)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Hansen pulled star players when they weren't doing the job.
Replacements really picked it up.
Best coach in the world for a reason.

No. Current best coach in the world is Cheika. Did you not see the ceremony last year?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
haha@Zero, came here to say exact same thing, Ben Smith’s mazy run reminiscent of The Paekakariki Express turning Gregan inside out back in the day

Jesus, what sort of message does that game send though, can mail it in for 50 mins then hit the switch for 15 mins and leave them in the dust and still post 50 pts.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
haha@Zero, came here to say exact same thing, Ben Smith’s mazy run reminiscent of The Paekakariki Express turning Gregan inside out back in the day

Jesus, what sort of message does that game send though, can mail it in for 50 mins then hit the switch for 15 mins and leave them in the dust and still post 50 pts.

I think the All Blacks should be promoted to the next grade up to even out World Rugby a bit.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Argentina was awesome. Full of endeavour and commitment. Subs made the difference for NZ.

Not convinced that NZ has the right combination at 12 & 13.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
The Pumas have done well but they've come out at a million mph and are already running out of gas. As much as I'd love to see them get this scalp I think they will implode in the 2nd half.

Quoted for accuracy. The Argies were basically playing AB quality rugby for 50 minutes. Couldn't last though. Basically Beauden Barrett did the old 'best player in the world' for 10 minutes and broke them.

Ruthless call by Shag to drag Smith and Coles. Seems to have worked.

Masterstroke. Deservedly pulled. TJ Perenara in particular, but all the subs played well.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I will say this - it is a little concerning that rugby is starting to go the way of F1 (i.e. 1 team dominating the sport). See the RC ladder - AB's guaranteed the title this year & the Bled until at least 2019. AB's probs won't even lose this year, nor 2017 and 2018. It does worry me a little, because ratings will go down if 1 team dominates (once more refer to F1). There was an article back in 2014 written from an NZ perspective how losing @ Eden Park and the Bled could actually be good for the sport (at least in Australia).

G

galumay

Fantastic game by the Pumas, definitely the most improved side this year IMO. The mixture of enterprise, confidence, discipline and accuracy in the first half was a sight to behold - from a team that prior to the RWC looked like easy beats.

When you think how long Italy have played in the 6 nations and basically gone nowhere its pretty impressive and great for our game.

It was no surprise that the accuracy wasnt able to be sustained for 80 minutes and the fitness wasnt enough to get thru 80 minutes of that intensity, but boy, did they have a crack.

AB's then showed just how much class they have, didnt drop their heads, changed up the game plan (noticeably started attacking the breakdown), and switched to overdrive to run over the top of the Pumas. A confirmation that they have widened the gap between themselves and all other teams and a loss is not something we are likely to see in the near term.

I will say this - it is a little concerning that rugby is starting to go the way of F1.

Had exactly the same discussion with the friends I watched the game with, one of them raised the F1 comparison. I think Rutchie also spoke about it. No doubt its got to the point where its bad for the sport, it is bound to start effecting crowd numbers (outside NZ). Not quite sure what can be done about it?

Anyway, well done AB's and look out Boks!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
yes first 50 mins was some of best contested rugby I have seen this year. Credit to All blacks for keeping them to 22 points b4 the bench replacements blew them away.

Everyone I think is realising the AB's are just at a completely different level. But Argies on that sort of game would probably be justified with a world no. 2 ranking if could play that sort of game they did in first 50 mins with the skill, intensity and endeavour they showed.

Pity the scoreline blew out to what it did which equally was probably the biggest impact I have seen a bench make this year as well as just when you seem to match the AB's they seem to find a way to rise to a different level. How many more levels above just too bloody good they can rise above from here as already with this current crop the AB's look to be destined to be streets ahead of other nations for some time to come.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes argies ran out of puff - but man those 50 mins were just sublime.

For a neutral those 50 mins were what you would switch on for every time to watch as was best quality contested rugby I have seen as AB's defence equally was impressive against some very impressive and skilled Argie's attack, and relentless surging over the gain line.

zer0

John Thornett (49)

bsmith.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Status
Not open for further replies.