• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's a very generous bookmaker offering those odds about the ABs.

I wouldn't say it is generous. It means they are paying less than $1.05 in each match.

The All Blacks are $1.04 to win the Bledisloe Cup and $1.15 to win the Rugby Championship.

Those are probably accurate but they are bloody short odds.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I wouldn't say it is generous. It means they are paying less than $1.05 in each match.

The All Blacks are $1.04 to win the Bledisloe Cup and $1.15 to win the Rugby Championship.

Those are probably accurate but they are bloody short odds.

$1.04 is appropriate. Anyone offering $1.15 against the All Blacks has too much money.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Folau shouldn't be locked in as fullback or Beale at 12

Maybe, but I reckon it is what will happen

I think if Folau wasn't locked in, the June tests would have been used to test options, add to that DHP looked ropey under the highball against the Scots, it won't happen

Beale is the best 12 we have with Hunt injured

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Now I have some time I can address what you are no doubt pleased to call the substance of your opinion.
My digs always have a point but, evidently, I pitch them either too high or too low for your consumption.
Tries are scored through, over or despite defence.
If the presumed best defence coach in the country coaches the team with the most wallabies and permits the team you are commenting on to score multiple tries that is a relevant consideration in determining who should be where in the Australian rugby hierarchy and what are the objective facts about the quality of the Force.
I guess its unfair that the Tahs don't get to play against their own defence: perhaps they'd live up to expectations if they did.

So, to clarify, you base your judgement on the effectiveness, or not, of a team in attack, for a season, on the outcome of one game. And my original had nothing to do with the Tahs either.
So yes, I question the worth of your post, beyond a dig. But I admire your return of serve at being a pompous twerp. ;)

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Beale is disruptive in a starting backline, too skittish, but is brilliant as a super sub, no one knows what he is going to do

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Beale has got plenty of talent. I don't dispute that at all. He also has demonstrated a shit attitude throughout his career and there has been no shortage of people that have accommodated this.

Beale fans need not worry. In the fucked up world that is Australian rugby, he will waltz straight back into the Wallabies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No one denies that Beale has done some shocking things in his past. He hasn't put a foot wrong since 2014 though.

With the narrative around the launch of the Indigenous jersey and it featuring on the front page of the Sydney Morning Herald, he's arguably become the most valuable asset Australian rugby has.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Beale has got plenty of talent. I don't dispute that at all. He also has demonstrated a shit attitude throughout his career and there has been no shortage of people that have accommodated this.

Beale fans need not worry. In the fucked up world that is Australian rugby, he will waltz straight back into the Wallabies.

From my limited experience watching him live he does seem expert at blaming his team mates when things go wrong, esp in a losing team. He was young and maybe he has matured, but until then should be on the bench, keeps his ego grounded.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Why is Hodge on the outer with everyone? He's had a relatively quiet year but he's hardly been blessed with talent around him in the Rebels backline.

With Hunt out I'd still like to see Beale at 15 with Hodge retaining the 12 jersey he earned last year.

9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Speight or Naivalu
12. Hodge
13. Kuridrani
14. Folau
15. Beale