• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
If it was in the car park they would have found it.

That's the only place they look.

Unless it was intercepted by the BBC u16 3rds Coach and used as the core of his speech to convince the Reds he should be the next Defence Coach. That and he lives down the street.

Reactions: dru

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thanks for the irrelevant information, of which I am quite aware. I was commenting about attack over the season by measure of points scored and tries scored. By both measures, the Force did not have the "best" attack. Is there another measure of attack? The Tahs shitty defence, if anything, makes the Force effort against them an outlier in any data set, since quite clearly, the Tahs defence was shitty. But, once again, we weren't talking about defence. Until you chimed in.

pompous twerp - it was a lighthearted dig

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
chieka's core failing as a coach is that he has switched his assistants to play them out of position.

Larkham is actually a defense coach.

Grey is actually the attack coach.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Wallabies need to focus on the less glamorous stuff. Hunt is a very big loss in this sense. Wallabies need to identify who is the player that will organize the defence on the field. It isn't a glamorous job yet it is essential. Wallabies for some time have been missing that person. Hunt would have been the perfect candidate and it is why I like the thought of him at 12.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just pick Hooper at 12 and be done with it. That's where he will have to spend all his anyway. At least he will make his share of the tackles.

The last I heard, the Darkness were at something like $1.15 to win all three Tests.

Probably worth backing at those odds.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'll just make it more obvious for those posters above who have all jumped in with absolutely nothing which validates this statement.

Is there another measure of attack effectiveness to besides points scored and tries scored that proves this point? This is the only question I asked. It seems a hard question as no-one seems able to answer it, rather just obfuscating with a bunch of parochial waffle.

Lets say we have 2 teams. Team one has scored 20 tries with 18 of them being from driving mauls off lineouts close to the line. Team two has 15 tries, all scored from either set piece backline plays, counter-attack or broken field play.

Would you say team one or team two had the better "attack"?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Did anyone notice Cheika's comments after Hunt got wounded re Cooper, he gets to play NRC before being looked at, so no Cooper until at least September 2

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lets say we have 2 teams. Team one has scored 20 tries with 18 of them being from driving mauls off lineouts close to the line. Team two has 15 tries, all scored from either set piece backline plays, counter-attack or broken field play.

Would you say team one or team two had the better "attack"?

Is there any data to support how team one or two scored their tries?

And how does that compare with how teams three through to eighteen scored their tries?

T

TOCC

Is Naiavalu going to be right for the first Bledisloe? Beale on as super-sub, along with someone like Rona

15. DHP
14. Folau
13. Kuridrani
12. Meakes
11. Naiavalu
10. Foley

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I'd have to say who cares how they score their tries, as long they're scoring them. Isn't that the beauty of rugby? This whole "we only play running rugby" thing shits me to tears. Just win anyway you can goddamn it!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Digs are all you have.

Now I have some time I can address what you are no doubt pleased to call the substance of your opinion.
My digs always have a point but, evidently, I pitch them either too high or too low for your consumption.
Tries are scored through, over or despite defence.
If the presumed best defence coach in the country coaches the team with the most wallabies and permits the team you are commenting on to score multiple tries that is a relevant consideration in determining who should be where in the Australian rugby hierarchy and what are the objective facts about the quality of the Force.
I guess its unfair that the Tahs don't get to play against their own defence: perhaps they'd live up to expectations if they did.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That's not to say that some teams didnt do well in some areas, whilst shockingly bad in others. Waratahs attack was quite good, but defence absolutely woeful, which is concerning given Grey is Wallabies defence coach.

Likewise with Brumbies, their defence was actually very good, but their attack was woeful. again concerning that Larkham is the Wallabies attack coach

These facts would be significant anywhere else but in the parallel universe in which Australian rugby administrators live.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just pick Hooper at 12 and be done with it. That's where he will have to spend all his anyway. At least he will make his share of the tackles.

The last I heard, the Darkness were at something like $1.15 to win all three Tests.

Probably worth backing at those odds.

It's a very generous bookmaker offering those odds about the ABs.