• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Eastcoast

Bill Watson (15)
Div 1 Results

Great game out at Melwood - Forest have been in every game this year and somehow find a way to lose games late. Unlucky 2024 campaign for them, however if they play that way in Barraclough - I feel they have a good shot next year. Seemingly in a better position than St Pats and Petersham were last year. Either way - another strong game by HH and have proven very calm despite going behind in a few games this year. Hopefully have 2nd locked up unless Blueys decide to rest players.

Lindfield crashed back to earth and never really were in the game with Blue Mountains, which will give them a bit to think about with their top 4 position confirmed. Congrats to them though, a strong effort to jump into Kentwell and qualify for finals in Year 1.

Drummoyne let an opportunity slip to give themselves a chance this week and with an important game in 2nd grade this week. A loss this weekend in 2's and 3's could mean no finals for them this year. A virtual Quarter Final for Forest and Drummoyne this week in Burke - I wonder which club will stack their 2nd grade to help make finals. @SubbiesSoftie Any comment?

Looking forward to a calm final and maybe a 4/4 tipping.

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
@Eastcoast is there any chat around the Hunters boy this week about the possibility of picking up the Cowboy Cup? The Div 1 CC is probably a little bit to far out of reach with Waverley likely to pick up lower grades at Lapstone.

However by my calculations (and The Cowboy Cup is a mystery) a good day out at Mosman plus some double points game could get you the 247 CC points you need to jump @Heavyd boys for the Cup.

At the other end of town, doesn’t look like another Forrest last round miracle is possible unless colleagues don’t show at all

Eastcoast

Bill Watson (15)
@Eastcoast is there any chat around the Hunters boy this week about the possibility of picking up the Cowboy Cup? The Div 1 CC is probably a little bit to far out of reach with Waverley likely to pick up lower grades at Lapstone.

However by my calculations (and The Cowboy Cup is a mystery) a good day out at Mosman plus some double points game could get you the 247 CC points you need to jump @Heavyd boys for the Cup.

At the other end of town, doesn’t look like another Forrest last round miracle is possible unless colleagues don’t show at all
I haven't looked too far into it personally and haven't heard much chat about it either. Focus is just on this weekend and finishing the regular season strongly. Securing 2nd in Kentwell to go with Burke and Barbour is whats needed this weekend

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I haven't looked too far into it personally and haven't heard much chat about it either. Focus is just on this weekend and finishing the regular season strongly. Securing 2nd in Kentwell to go with Burke and Barbour is whats needed this weekend
Would be a good addition to the new club house if you were able to pick it up. You havent won it since 2011.

I think they are running out of space with all the trophies at Porters.

Would make it interesting if there was a cash prize with an award like this. Really make the clubs value winning.

The Waverley Walrus

Stan Wickham (3)
Would be a good addition to the new club house if you were able to pick it up. You havent won it since 2011.

I think they are running out of space with all the trophies at Porters.

Would make it interesting if there was a cash prize with an award like this. Really make the clubs value winning.
What trophies are there at Snorters Reserve? Self proclaimed Covid champions like colleagues?

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 1 has a few finalists decided. Clashes to watch:

Burke Cup - Drummoyne v Forest for the last spot

Barbour - Drummoyne v Forest for one spot, while Colleagues need to beat Lindfield.

Whiddon - Colleagues beat Lindfield and they're safe. Lindfield nervously looking at Drummoyne v Forest in that case.

Judd gets interesting - a few more permutations than the other grades.
Waverley are minor premiers without doubt, and their game v Blueys takes on a new dimension as far as placings go.
Blueys could place anywhere from 2nd to 5th depending on results. They get a BP they're safe.

Sutherland - Waverley and Colleagues safe. Lindfield, Blueys and HHill fighting it out for the last 2 spots.

Going to be a good weekend!

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
It wouldn’t be the 2024 season would it with out a bit of rain around to end it…
There will be some nervous Div 1 clubs getting on the park to round out this season. I’d assume most of the Finals grounds will be good to go regardless

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I’d assume most of the Finals grounds will be good to go regardless

Renegades v Raptors at Wills this week for 2 Grades after Sydney Irish v Lindfield in the Joy Johson Cup. Hmmm....

It is scheduled to host the Grand Finals the week after as well, and this is the 10-day forecast:

1723612181632.png

Jeeves, warm up the pressure cleaner...

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tough year for the Woodsman, having to keep my head down after a very tough year for my blue and whites.
Things looking up as we make our move to the Hills next year. Castle Hill won’t be ready, but our alliance with the Eels has us on track with Kellyville as a stop gap until June/July.

anaLYST666

Frank Row (1)
Well looks like Briars will be down a fullback for the GF after his selection in the Tonga 15s squad. Shute Shield points would be through the roof on him alone (think it's 8-10)

Surely subbies might need to look into this a bit further...

Eastcoast

Bill Watson (15)
Tough year for the Woodsman, having to keep my head down after a very tough year for my blue and whites.
Things looking up as we make our move to the Hills next year. Castle Hill won’t be ready, but our alliance with the Eels has us on track with Kellyville as a stop gap until June/July.
Eastwood playing at BankWest? Or out at their training facility?

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Well looks like Briars will be down a fullback for the GF after his selection in the Tonga 15s squad. Shute Shield points would be through the roof on him alone (think it's 8-10)

How many yellows can you have in a season before its an automatic red?

Heure

Peter Burge (5)

Tim Richards said he’ll have a look into it in October / November.

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)

What do you mean 8-10 points in Shute Shield? Whats that rule?

SextonHardcastle

Frank Row (1)
I’m sure technically if you really get down to it, if a player is paid by a rugby club for competing in a 7s tournament(s) and chooses to hang on and play 15s for a club season then surely that’s allowed? And nothing Subbies can do about it especially if all payments are outside of Subbies season and directly related/attributed to 7s rugby only…might see a few other clubs take on this view point if it sticks…