• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
How many yellows can you have in a season before its an automatic red?

Third yellow card is an automatic week off unless in finals where you get a caution.

Fourth yellow card is automatic week off.

Fifth yellow card is a week off and a meeting with the judiciary.

BundyBear

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heavy D mentions above that St Pats have 4 1st Graders playing in there Stockdale side in the finals… You’d be hard pressed finding side in the finals that don’t have guys playing down

There are no First Graders in the St Pats Stockdale side. There are players who played Barraclough at different times throughout the year due to injuries, but they mainly were in our seconds.

Eastcoast

Bill Watson (15)
Huge Final Round coming up in Div 1. A few implications for Kentwell, however most of the interest will be from Sutherland up.

Boronia is the best spot to be at tomorrow. Clubhouse open and ready for use. Will be a great vantage point for a few cold ones and watching some very good football from 950am onwards!

HH - Mosman. Major Semi Final spot on the line tomorrow which should be enough motivation to take this out. Mosman were great last time we played in the wet, although given that Colts will be their only team in the Finals means that their Seniors have all eyes on Mad Monday. HH to get the chocolates by 7

Blue Mountains
- Waverley. Waverley could play disrupter tomorrow to push for a top 2 spot, which Blueys might see as an easier game than HH next week, although I believe they wont be resting players to build back come cohesion that was lost mid year. Always a tough road trip, especially from Bondi. Can see this one staying close until the 70th minute. Blueys by10

Colleagues
- Lindfield. Bit of a reality check for Lindfield last week after a blistering last month or so. Colleagues seemingly have woken up as of late and are starting to push the top clubs in Kentwell. Last round, I will go with the upset as Lindfield have eyes on next week and may be resting some of their talent given they usually have 3-4 fresh reserves for 1's while their 2's sit last.... Colleagues by 3.

Drummoyne -
Forest. This match will follow Forests script all year. Take an early lead, fall behind in the 2nd half, get back ahead with about 15 to go. Give up 2 tries late and lose by 7. A few bounces of the ball and it could have been a different story for Forest. Drummoyne on the other hand started the year strong, although seem to have lost some players and depth wasnt quite there to keep them in the finals hunt. Reds by7

The real match of the day here is in Burke where its a Finals Match. Wonder who wants it more.......

parkfootyenthusiast2

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 3 Finals:

Clark Cup (1st Grade): Sydney Harbour at Merrylands:
I still think these games should be played at neutral grounds, especially given the disparity in how Merrylands travels vs how they play at home. With that being said.. I picked against the Oysters last week and they made me look like a fool. Two clashing styles here, if Merrylands can hold their discipline I think they can do it, going to be some sore bodies driving back east after this one. Merrylands by 10.

Farrant Cup (2nd Grade): Knox at Merrylands:
Another home game for Merrylands, couldn't have worked out better for them. This Knox outfit in 2s looks like rag tag bunch that changes drastically every week, and I expect all the cavalry to show out for Merrylands at home. Similar story the first grade, different styles, but I think the same result. Merrylands vs Irish in both grade Grand Finals. Merrylands by 10.

Nicholson Cup (Colts): LCOI vs Sydney Harbour (Easts):
Battle for the right to lose to Knox next week? LCOI got worked around in the major semi 47-0 whilst Easts edged it against Valley 13-12. I'll give Bernie the benefit of the doubt and back his boys this week, as we can't ever root for the Shute experiment in Subbies. LCOI by 3.

Yours in the pointy end,
PFE

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 3 Finals:

I still think these games should be played at neutral grounds, especially given the disparity in how Merrylands travels vs how they play at home. With that being said.. I picked against the Oysters last week and they made me look like a fool. Two clashing styles here, if Merrylands can hold their discipline I think they can do it, going to be some sore bodies driving back east after this one. Merrylands by 10.

Another home game for Merrylands, couldn't have worked out better for them. This Knox outfit in 2s looks like rag tag bunch that changes drastically every week, and I expect all the cavalry to show out for Merrylands at home. Similar story the first grade, different styles, but I think the same result. Merrylands vs Irish in both grade Grand Finals. Merrylands by 10.

Battle for the right to lose to Knox next week? LCOI got worked around in the major semi 47-0 whilst Easts edged it against Valley 13-12. I'll give Bernie the benefit of the doubt and back his boys this week, as we can't ever root for the Shute experiment in Subbies. LCOI by 3.

Yours in the pointy end,
PFE
Merrylands have hosted finals for the past few years that they’ve been in and it hasn’t been and unfair advantage.
Great day out at Merrylands but I do think they’ll be to strong tomorrow and set up the blockbuster Irish Merrylands GF in both grades.

parkfootyenthusiast2

Herbert Moran (7)
Merrylands have hosted finals for the past few years that they’ve been in and it hasn’t been and unfair advantage.
Great day out at Merrylands but I do think they’ll be to strong tomorrow and set up the blockbuster Irish Merrylands GF in both grades.
Don't get me wrong, certainly a fantastic ground, they're great hosts with a jovial friendly crowd, maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the lower divisions enough lately, I've grown accustomed to a neutral ground for finals.

I'm sure they've got a great record in these games! Probably a fair indicator of the season that was that Merrylands and Irish duel it out in the two grades next week.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Joy Johnson & Div 4 at Wills Ground tomorrow. Overnight showers predicted so hopefully the field holds up, as it has to do GF a week later!

Joy Johnson sees Irish (2) take on Lindfield (3) - tho they were split on the log by a solitary bonus point. They met once in R9 with Lindfield coming away 12-10 winners. Irish look to have the slightly better attack, Lindfield maybe a bit better on defence. Line call but I'll go with Irish.

Grose Cup - Raptors (2) vs Renegades (4). Not sure which way this will go. Raptors got up 29-28 in our first clash and pumped us more recently, but we weren't quite as organised as we are now. I think we can do it, so #backtheboys and head to the GF!

McClean Cup - Raptors (2) vs Renegades (3). A draw in R6 and a thrashing by Raptors in R13. Weird season for us. I'll back the boys here but I'm so nervous I'll take 3-0 in the pouring rain if that's the offer;)

The Ghost of Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Div 3 Finals:

Yours in the pointy end,
PFE
Love your work PFE2. Devo'd I can't be there as searching for a new place to live.
See my rant on GAGR's housing supply crisis forum...

The Ghost of Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Div 3 Finals:

Yours in the pointy end,
PFE
LCOI Colts come back from a 26-12 deficit to score on the last play to make it 29 all. As LCOI finished ahead of Sydney Harbour (East) on the table, they go through to the GF. Face a formidable task against an undefeated Knox.

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Don't get me wrong, certainly a fantastic ground, they're great hosts with a jovial friendly crowd, maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the lower divisions enough lately, I've grown accustomed to a neutral ground for finals.

I'm sure they've got a great record in these games! Probably a fair indicator of the season that was that Merrylands and Irish duel it out in the two grades next week.
I guess that home ground advantage didn’t help much today…..

The ultimate ressie

Herbert Moran (7)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240817_205243_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240817_205243_Samsung Internet.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 200

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Joy Johnson - great game with huge swings in momentum. Irish up early, Lindfield roared back but couldn't sustain it.

Grose Cup - Raptors got off to a cracking start, we came back strong, then an injury to our 10 halted our momentum and they finished over the top.

McLean Cup - great start by us but lacked a bit of cohesion and Raptors are a solid outfit.

2025 beckons. A couple of weeks off then the planning starts.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 1 has a few finalists decided. Clashes to watch:

Burke Cup - Drummoyne v Forest for the last spot

Barbour - Drummoyne v Forest for one spot, while Colleagues need to beat Lindfield.

Whiddon - Colleagues beat Lindfield and they're safe. Lindfield nervously looking at Drummoyne v Forest in that case.

Judd gets interesting - a few more permutations than the other grades.
Waverley are minor premiers without doubt, and their game v Blueys takes on a new dimension as far as placings go.
Blueys could place anywhere from 2nd to 5th depending on results. They get a BP they're safe.

Sutherland - Waverley and Colleagues safe. Lindfield, Blueys and HHill fighting it out for the last 2 spots.

Going to be a good weekend!

Forest nudge out Drummoyne in Burke
Drummoyne return the favour in Barbour and this lets Colleagues in - all three teams on 32, but Forest with 8 losses to 7
Lindfield fail to take their chance in Whiddon
Lindfield's loss in Judd opens the door for Mosman to leapfrog Blueys into third after their loss to Waverley
Another loss by Lindfield in Sutherland give Hunters Hill their shot

Waverley with the Club Championship
Hunters Hill currently 2 points ahead of Newport on the Cowboy Cup

All 8 clubs represented at this stage but nobody with a full house

Waverley 5 (all except Barbour)
Colleagues 5 (all except Kentwell)
Hunters Hill 5 (all except Whiddon)
Blueys 4 (missing Burke and Barbour)
Drummoyne 2 (Barbour and Whiddon)
Mosman 2 (Barour and Judd)
Forest 1 (Burke)
Lindfield 1 (Kentwell)

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 2 for GF day:

Newport 3 (Barraclough, Blunt, Richardson)
Epping 2 (Stockdale, Richardson)
St Pats 2 (Stockdale, Robertson)
Briars 1 (Barraclough)
Petersham 1 (Blunt)
UNSW 1 (Robertson)

Hills now out, and Beecroft already done pre-finals.