• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wills Ground was Jekyll and Hyde today - dry on the north side. Dire on the south side.

Just can't drain that much water

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
With two double points rounds against Div 1 heavyweights Hunters and Waverley in the last 5 rounds they could really struggle. The Rd 12 clash v Forest could shape as the battle for the spoon.

Didn't Forest knock off Drummoyne in the last round last year to jump off the bottom of the table?
I'll have my popcorn ready if Colleagues finish bottom of Div 1!

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Could be a few Minor Premierships decided on the day along with the Club Championships. Newport has its ladies day along with the 10 year Reunion of the 2014 Barraclough Cup team.

Given every home game bar Petersham was pissing down I'd say conservatively its cost Newport $50k in turnover. A sunny day and the above action could definately see them recoup at least half of that missed revenue. First up though is 3 tough away games which could shake things up prior to that though.

parkfootyenthusiast2

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 3 Round 11 Predictions

Results:

2.5/3 (1 draw, 1 postponed).

Irish def Quins by 12 -
winner and margin picked! Irish continue to win, a hard fought effort from the Quinns goes unrewarded with zero bonus points to show for it. All eyes now turn to a Thursday night makeup game at Lofberg Oval this week against Knox, the winner will find themselves in the drivers seat for that 4th playoff spot.

Knox vs Baker postponed - hearing they will play for double points on the 20th of July.

Valley def. LCOI by 2 - great effort from the JV on the road, 2 bonus points sees them tied with Old Barker in 7th, though the men in red have 3 games in hand. Valley moves above Quinns into equal 4th with Knox, though they have 2 and 3 games respectively.

Sydney Harbour drew with Merrylands 27-27 - told you this was a toss up! Both sides will feel unlucky not to win this one. Works well as it keeps Irish out of striking distance in second for Merrylands, and Harbour away from Knox/Quinns. Harbour went 1/5 off the tee, a painful way to miss out on a big win.

Eastcoast

Bill Watson (15)
Wet Weather week in Div 1 - So will definitely be some HH games on, although could be worth a venture down to Porters if the weather is warm. Would be more than a few people interested in the implications of this day

The Wombat

Chris McKivat (8)
  1. Blue Mountains - 1325
  2. Waverley - 1205
  3. Hunter Hill - 1163
  4. Mosman - 1029
  5. Drummoyne - 996
  6. Lindfield - 767
  7. Colleagues - 660
  8. Forest - 529

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 4 getting in early:

Kings v Wakehurst -
Redfield v Chatswood
Canterbury v Renegades
Raptors v Hornsby

2.5 out of 3 with one to play.

The draw at Redfield College (check either club's socials for mud update) got me, and I said it would be close v Berries: 15-14 win to the Renegades after being 15-7 at halftime. So bad were our front row injuries that I had a run at THP for 45 minutes.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Left side of my face is OK. Right side?
1720424840736.png

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Speaking of rain affected: look at Oatley in Division 5 - have not played since May!

R7 - 01/06 - Savers arrived to a called off game
R8 - 15/06 - rained out at North Cronulla
R9 - 22/06 - rained out hosting Convicts
R10 - 29/06 - bye (11 teams in the div)
R11 - 06/07 - Maccabi forfeit on them

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Speaking of rain affected: look at Oatley in Division 5 - have not played since May!

R7 - 01/06 - Savers arrived to a called off game
R8 - 15/06 - rained out at North Cronulla
R9 - 22/06 - rained out hosting Convicts
R10 - 29/06 - bye (11 teams in the div)
R11 - 06/07 - Maccabi forfeit on them
Brutal