• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Speaking of rain affected: look at Oatley in Division 5 - have not played since May!

R7 - 01/06 - Savers arrived to a called off game
R8 - 15/06 - rained out at North Cronulla
R9 - 22/06 - rained out hosting Convicts
R10 - 29/06 - bye (11 teams in the div)
R11 - 06/07 - Maccabi forfeit on them

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Speaking of rain affected: look at Oatley in Division 5 - have not played since May!

R7 - 01/06 - Savers arrived to a called off game
R8 - 15/06 - rained out at North Cronulla
R9 - 22/06 - rained out hosting Convicts
R10 - 29/06 - bye (11 teams in the div)
R11 - 06/07 - Maccabi forfeit on them
Brutal

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

And they're hosting Burraneer on Saturday:

1720676687466.png

Eastcoast

Fred Wood (13)
Div 1 Tips
Ive reviewed the tracks. We arent on Heavy 10s anymore, so hopefully some more free flowing rugby can take place this week. Line up the dry cleaners though because the jerseys will need to be cleaned and ready for some Mid Week games.

Forest - Waverley. Ive enjoyed Forests fight this year and thought they may have taken out Drummoyne last week, however not to be. This could be the same way. Waverley have been up and down, mainly with some poor discipline allowing teams easy access to their red zone. I can see Waverley starting in front and staying that way. Waves by 15

Lindfield - Mosman. This will be a close game. Lindfield have a big push for the top 4 coming along and have started to play some physical football. Mosman went down in a high scoring game last week and will be looking to put a gap between 4 and 5 this week. It wont be pleasant on a choppy Old Soldier cricket pitch, although Mosman are used to that. Mosman will take it out late. Whales by 3

Colleagues - Hunters Hill. A tough year for Colleagues will get tougher tomorrow. HH starting to hit our straps this year and kick it up a notch with 2 games in hand over a few other teams. Can see this game being a tussle early before the speed and skill kicking in to run away with it late. HH by 10

Drummoyne - Blue Mountains. Table says this is Match of the Round, although I think Blueys will be too dominant to really call this the best considering a few other match ups above. Drummoyne were good to stay composed and run down Colleagues last, not sure they can give Blueys that start and expect the same result. Blueys by 12

All away teams to get the chocolates and a bit of a drive for each of them to get home.

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Div 2

Plenty of moving parts with key clashes likely to end some campaigns and a clearer picture of the finals series should be known by 4.45pm Saturday!

Petersham v Newport: The Shammies Barraclough campaign is all but over, but I still think this is a danger game for the undefeated Breakers. I will be interested in Shammies team sheets to see if they are now focused on 2s & 3s 4 weeks out from finals. Breakers should get over the top of Shammies from about 60 mins and win by 10.

UNSW v Briars: MOTR, this 4th v 5th battle is a must win for UNSW, who off the back of smashing Petersham will go in as favourites. Briars were very physical against Newport last start and this is a 50/50 toss up for mine. Briars Tongan backs can create havoc, particulary late against tired forwards. This should be a cracker! UNSW face Breakers & St Pats to finish so a win here is vital to keep their Barraclough hopes alive. I'll go UNSW by 1.

St Pats v Beecroft: Another very interesting clash, on paper should be a laydown St Pats victory. But Beecroft mathematcially can still make the semis and they are a pretty good side. I'll go with a St Pats win as a loss here could see them on a slippery slope out of the semi's. St Pats by 10 but not without a few heart attacks throughout the game.

parkfootyenthusiast2

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nice little 1, 2, 3 division succession going on here...

Div 3 - Round 12:

Hawkesbury Valley (5) at Merrylands (1):
Valley remain in the hunt after a nice upset against the Quinns and a slim victory against LCOI, but they'll face a tough task on the road against a Merrylands outfit that hasnt lost since mid April. Merrylands are a different beast all together at home so I dont see an upset on the cards here. Merrylands by 20.

Sydney Irish (2) at Knox (4):
Game of the round for me. Knox get another crack at some heavyweights after a nice upset win on the road against Oysters, whilst Irish are fresh off a clinical double points victory over the Quinns. Last time out, Irish had no answer for the slick Knox backs whilst Knox had no answer for the bruising Irish forwards. Check the forecast before kick off here, if its wet take the Irish, if the suns out take Knox. In any case, I'm picking the upset at home. Knox by 3.

Sydney Harbour (3) at Lane Cove Old Ignations (7):
Habour is coming off a nailbiting loss to Knox and a hard fought draw against Merrylands, so they'll relish a softer schedule this week, though the Iggies contindent of LCOI will be up for it back at Ryde Park, and they've shown some resilience as of late. I think they'll be able to hang in for a while but this should go the way of the table. Harbour by 12.

Old Barker (8) at Sydney Harlequinns (6):
Old Barker have been on the rise lately and have hung in for most of their games lately, whilst the Quinns were handled by Irish and upset by Valley. Does the bleeding stop this week for the Quinns? You'd like to think so. If they were at home I might have picked the Old Barker boys here, but I'll play it safe and take the Quinns to keep their finals hopes alive at home. Quinns by 10.

Yours in needing vitamin D asap,
PFE

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
Petersham v Newport game moved to Porters after Shammies council closed the ground due to the boggy cricket pitch. Tough on them but massive for the Breakers!

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 4 tips
Hornsby
(1) v Redfield (7) - Hornsby by a bit. Redfield have forfeited 2s as well.

Chatswood (5) v Raptors (2) - this will be interesting. Chatswood drew with Redfield in the mud but beat us on a dry track. They're no mugs, but think Raptors will have a bit too much size.

Wakehurst (4) v Renegades (3) - we're missing 2 entire front rows at the moment, so I'm starting at hooker. Desperate times but I think we should have enough in the backs to squeak out a win.

Canterbury (6) v Kings (8) - Kings got the choccies 13-12 last time over at Centennial Park but they've had to forfeit 2s this week. Expect Canterbury to come out all guns blazing to try and nail down a finals spot

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Finals makeup of 4th Div is going to be interesting, as the contenders are playing each other over the next few weeks.

McLean Cup - lock in Hornsby and Raptors for finals.
Renegades, Wakehurst, Chatswood and Canterbury fighting it out for the other 2 spots.

3rd - Renegades (34): Away v Wakehurst | Home v Raptors | Away v Redfield
A win tomorrow could push us just far enough ahead of the rest, as they will have to cannibalise each other to climb the ladder into 4th.

4th - Wakehurst (28): Home v Renegades | Away v Chatswood | Home v Hornsby
The last round v Hornsby would be a tough ask if they needed it to get in. They'll fancy themselves against us and Chatswood tho.

5th - Chatswood (19): Home v Raptors | Wet Weather @ Kings | Home v Wakehurst | Away v Canterbury Double Points | PLUS a midweeker against Hornsby
Helluva load here with 5 games in 4 weeks. Raptors could be interesting as I said above. They will look to dominate Kings and edge out Wakehurst, who gave them a touch up in R6.
The double points fixture against Berries could be very important to both clubs.
The midweek game against Hornsby will be a grind.

6th - Canterbury (18): Home v Kings | Away v Hornsby | Home v Chatswood for double points
Confident of a win tomorrow I reckon. Hornsby might be a bridge too far, but yeah that R14 double points clash at Wills? Jeez that could be tasty.

Interesting times.

Grose Cup- a bit less prognostication here - Canterbury, Hornsby, Raptors are safe.

Renegades (28) : Away v Wakehurst | Home v Raptors | Away v Redfield
As with First Grade, a win tomorrow could push us out far enough to make 4th regardless of other results. No doubt everyone will come out of the woodwork to stake a claim for a finals spot, so hopefully numbers are good. Need more forwards tho!

Kings (17): Wet Weather v Chatswood | Home v Redfield | Away v Raptors
I've applied their forfeit for tomorrow in this. They would be confident of knocking over Chatswood and Redfield. Last round v Raptors would be a big ask though as they've not travelled well.

Redfield (14): Away v Kings | Home v Renegades
Outstanding forfeit points applied. Even if they won both games with BP they can't make it.

parkfootyenthusiast2

Frank Nicholson (4)
Where does Lindfields ladies day rank among the Div 1 heavy hitters Stirl?

Have been a part of some goodies over the years.. Waverley, Colleagues, Mosman some of the standouts. Hunters Hill nothing special albeit a cold rainy day. Blue Mountains was a good time but the Ladies got a little bit chirpy at the opposition as the day wore on :D

Last edited by a moderator: