• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Just quietly, Forest V Newport in a relegation/promotion battle on Neutral territory (say brookie oval) would be amazing to watch and would be a bloodbath. I would be all over that.

1721708450307.png

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
DIV 2 Club champs are interesting with two rounds to go.

Newport are 336 points clear of St Pats with the Breakers vs Epping this weekend (ie no 1st grade points up for grabs for them)

St Pats vs UNSW has several do or die clashes up and down the grades this weekend. There is a very very strong chance that the CC's & ultimate promotion will be decided in the final round clash St Pats vs Newport at Porters. If its a sunny day, they will be 10 deep on the sidelines!

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
are people still calling for colleagues relegation?

Perhaps a little premature even at this stage? :)

Still some water to go under the bridge and a fascinating last few weeks across a number of divisions for Club Championship

Div 1 - Waverley (1741) ahead, but some washed out games still to occur including Hunters Hill (1662) v Blueys (1570).

Div 2 - Newport (2136) looking unassailable but momentum slowed for Barraclough and Robertson on the weekend, and Pats (1800) chasing hard.

Div 3 - Merrylands (1776) and Irish (1758) - despite having no Colts - are fighting it out with Knox (1700)

Div 4 - Raptors (1720) with their nose ahead of Hornsby (1580) who have a round in hand.

Last edited:

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Still some water to go under the bridge and a fascinating last few weeks across a number of divisions for Club Championship

Div 3 - Merrylands (1776) and Irish (1758) - despite having no Colts - are fighting it out with Knox (1700)
Knox could hit the front with a first grade win on Thursday night with two rounds to play.. Knox play Merrylands last round of the season though, chance they cannibalise eachother and Irish takes the biccies.

Heure

Peter Burge (5)
Bit of a rogue idea this but I think clubs from lower divisions seeking promotion to higher divisions should play a match day of all grades against the club who’s looking at being relegated. Because TBH I don’t think any Division 2 club beats any club in Division 1. Vote 1 The gloveman for RugbyAU Chairman!

I like the idea but it’s too innovative.

subbies board have proved time and time again they don’t have the brain power to create something that will promote grassroots.

lets stick to the club champs. And then make a decision at a trough meeting on who gets relegated.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I like the idea but it’s too innovative.

subbies board have proved time and time again they don’t have the brain power to create something that will promote grassroots.

lets stick to the club champs. And then make a decision at a trough meeting on who gets relegated.
ordinary comment...

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Herbert Moran (7)
Woody lost his password and then couldn’t log in but I’m back for the semis, like a lot of players it seems.
Paid my NSWrugbytv subscription and watching some of the games. Geez, some of the team sheet fudging is of the highest quality this year.
Surely if you’ve been in trouble in previous years, you don’t do it so blatantly this year…
Found the culprit of team sheet fudging, those latte sipping lads from the Beasties, think you may be on the wrong Forum. In saying that not too sure SRU will appreciate being plastered all over the front page of the herald for blatant incompetence.

Eastcoast

Jimmy Flynn (14)
@Eastcoast has the pavilion at boronia had its opening day? Looks the goods when I drove past the other day
Not yet - Weather delayed a few things - There was hope it would be open for a few events over the past month but not to be. Isnt too far off!
Found the culprit of team sheet fudging, those latte sipping lads from the Beasties, think you may be on the wrong Forum. In saying that not too sure SRU will appreciate being plastered all over the front page of the herald for blatant incompetence.
Missed you on Saturday Glovesy. I was looking for something with these old school gloves updating the forum with the full time score but didnt see you.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Herbert Moran (7)
Not yet - Weather delayed a few things - There was hope it would be open for a few events over the past month but not to be. Isnt too far off!

Missed you on Saturday Glovesy. I was looking for something with these old school gloves updating the forum with the full time score but didnt see you.

Was a cracking day of rugby on Saturday. Shame I missed 1st grade, the wind had blown me into the Lane Cove river by the time kickoff arrived. Looks to be an exciting race to Kentwell.