• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The table looks wrong to me. By my count George’s River should have played 11/9 wins/1loss and the extra bye which would take them into 1st place with 49 points. Oatley also appear to be missing a game as do Maccabi and Convicts.
Depending on the timing of Manlys forfeit they could loose 4 points?

Table looks weird to me as well. GRR have had 2 Byes which might explain it

You're right about Savers' forfeit - could be 4 points which mathematically leaves them vulnerable.

North Cronulla who haven’t lost since Rd 6 could win there last 3 games and pip them for that 4th spot

Possible but the 3 games are at Blacktown and home v Savers, as well as finding a game against Oatley somewhere in there. Tough ask.

Also worth noting their games since R6 have included St Ives, Mac Uni, Balmain, and Maccabi. As well as one bye and the TBC against Oatley.

TheBigArvo

Ted Fahey (11)
Table looks weird to me as well. GRR have had 2 Byes which might explain it

You're right about Savers' forfeit - could be 4 points which mathematically leaves them vulnerable.

Possible but the 3 games are at Blacktown and home v Savers, as well as finding a game against Oatley somewhere in there. Tough ask.

Also worth noting their games since R6 have included St Ives, Mac Uni, Balmain, and Maccabi. As well as one bye and the TBC against Oatley.
Apart from the above games. All clubs should be on 11 games at this point…

Bismarck12345

Stan Wickham (3)
I suppose the Newport loss to UNSW will be written off as a Europe trip?

Things are heating up in Div 2 though - I could be wrong but it seems like who makes the final 4 may come down to the last week?

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)
I suppose the Newport loss to UNSW will be written off as a Europe trip?

Things are heating up in Div 2 though - I could be wrong but it seems like who makes the final 4 may come down to the last week?

Didn't see the game but from all reports UNSW gave Newport a good ole fashion thumping in cyclonic winds at Daceyville. Sure Newport had a few outs but UNSW came to play and kudos to them.

UNSW vs St Pats this weekend is a must win for both teams. If UNSW win then St Pats must beat Newport at Porters in the final round and have other results go there way to make it.

Hills must beat Petersham and Beecroft beat Briars to stay alive.

DIV 2 Barraclough will be compelling viewing this Saturday!!

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Div 3 Wet Weather Round Preview:

Might as well just resurface my predictions from when these games were originally scheduled and see if anything's changed...

Old Barker (8) at Knox (4): "Throw the form guide out the window when these two former school rivals go head to head, in a match that usually brings down a couple of spare part timers for each team keen to throw their weight around against the old enemy. Barker has improved on late, but I don't think they're improved enough to take down an in form Knox outfit. The passion of the rivalry will keep it close though. Knox by 8." - not much changed here, though playing for double points now which makes Barker even more dangerous as they've found form lately. Will stick with Knox though, too much on the line for them. Knox by 8.

Sydney Harbour vs Sydney Harlequins: "
Sydney H east edition takes on Sydney H inner city edition in this clash, both sides appear evenly matched on paper and the best outside of the runaway top 2. A short trip over to Rose Bay shouldn't hurt the Quinns lads too much - who's run of form includes a demo job on LCOI, a decent scrap against Merrylands and a solid win over BOBs, whilst Harbour has been limping lately, with unconvincing wins against BOBs and LCOI and a drubbing at home vs the Irish. The form says take the Quinns, but style makes fights, and Harbour got up convincingly in round 1. Tough one to pick, but I'll go Harbour at home in Rose Bay in a coin flip. Harbour by 3." - will stick with Harbour despite them looking shaky against a revitalised LCOI last week. Harbour are a tough side when Garrels laces up at 10. Quinns have it all to play for against Harbour and Knox next two weeks though, desperation can yield interesting results... still Harbour by 5.

1.5/2

Knox 45 def. Barker 12: Much aligned with expectations, Barker looked like they lost a starting prop inside the opening minutes which hurts, dominant first half from Knox before Barker pulled it back a touch in the second. Much needed double point double bonus point win for Knox, Barker now locked into a 1 bonus point spoon race with LCOI who have found form lately. One to watch. Knox #2 and #8 look like real difference makers.

Sydney Harbour 28 drew Sydney Harlequins 28: Wowee, Quinns forfeited at 25-14 lead late only to end up locked at 28 with a kick to win it only to have it go over the top of a wildly low goal post in the swirling wind that was adjudicated to have missed by the AR to the agreement of the on field referee. What a huge difference those 2 points could make for the final top 4 standings. Quinns #13 and Harbour #10 the standouts.

Quinns now sit 8 points behind Knox with 3 weeks to go, they play each other Thursday night at Lofberg, if Quinns win that, it's a 3-5 point equation with two weeks remaining. Both sides play Merrylands and LCOI to close out the season, a very tough and deceptively tough set of opponents respectively based on form. Either way, it's all academic if Knox can get the job done Thursday night, but make up games are a crap shoot. Watch this space.

The first 3 seeds are effectively locked in place now, though Irish and Merrylands will jostle for the top spot.

TheBigArvo

Ted Fahey (11)
Good to see what I’ve known for years and that Timmy Richards monitors these forums and makes his decisions based of GAGR. Less than 24 hours after I raised issues with the Div 5 table and it’s been sorted. On the ball as always Mr Richards

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good to see what I’ve known for years and that Timmy Richards monitors these forums and makes his decisions based of GAGR. Less than 24 hours after I raised issues with the Div 5 table and it’s been sorted. On the ball as always Mr Richards

:) also related to the difficulty in manipulating things in the back end of Fuse when results sheets aren't logged as part of regular operations.

Eastcoast

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great games across the weekend in Div 1. Did myself a favour and watched the other three games. Alot of surprises coming and showing the evenness of Div 1
Forest did everything they could to get the W but couldn't hold on late
Colleagues blew Mosman away in the earlier game
Drummoyne and Waverley was close for a long time before a good finish by Waverley
HH were too strong in the end despite a big Lindfield set piece.

Lindfield Drummoyne this week is massive for the finals race.

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Correct in saying it's a 1 bonus point race however it's 3 points on the table as Barker were deducted 2 point due to early season (both grades) forfeit to Merrylands. LCOI 9 points v Barker 6 points.
Ahh i was trying to figure out the math on that one, thought it would just fix itself eventually, that makes sense then. LCOI in the drivers seat! Any comments on the recent purple patch of form Bern?

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Perhaps I spoke too soon? Raptors winning both grades today. Hornsby looked a little short of numbers in 2s and got hammered. Will have to watch back First Grade but saw it was close on fuse for a long while

Hornsby down a few personnel in First Grade as well. Hard to read anything out of that result except: playing in that kind of wind sucks.

21mm

Peter Burge (5)
Didn't see the game but from all reports UNSW gave Newport a good ole fashion thumping in cyclonic winds at Daceyville. Sure Newport had a few outs but UNSW came to play and kudos to them.

UNSW vs St Pats this weekend is a must win for both teams. If UNSW win then St Pats must beat Newport at Porters in the final round and have other results go there way to make it.

Hills must beat Petersham and Beecroft beat Briars to stay alive.

DIV 2 Barraclough will be compelling viewing this Saturday!!

I would be quite annoyed by that result as a Newport fan. They had a chance to go undefeated and do something special.

Also that air of unbeatability has now been thrown out of the window. id be loving the chance to play Newport now that the blood is in the water.

Bismarck12345

Stan Wickham (3)
I would be quite annoyed by that result as a Newport fan. They had a chance to go undefeated and do something special.

Also that air of unbeatability has now been thrown out of the window. id be loving the chance to play Newport now that the blood is in the water.
It could go either way. By all accounts UNSW were unplayable and I’m not sure Newport could have done much more even with their best players in. Hard to read into it though, these two clubs have developed quite the rivalry in the past few years and Newport have still had a very good season. More than anything it makes the race for the finals extremely interesting.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Herbert Moran (7)
Bit of a rogue idea this but I think clubs from lower divisions seeking promotion to higher divisions should play a match day of all grades against the club who’s looking at being relegated. Because TBH I don’t think any Division 2 club beats any club in Division 1. Vote 1 The gloveman for RugbyAU Chairman!

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Promotion Week would be box office footy but good luck convincing all grades at a downtrodden division 1 club to play for their div 1 status whilst also convincinging a div 2 club to turn up a week after grand final week while they're probably still hungover. Can also easily see the up for relegation club stacking the decks for one week from the community to 'save' the club.

For what it's worth, Forest is 1-10 in 1s, 4-6 in 2s, 5-5 in Colts, 2-7-1 in 3s and 1-8-1 in 4s... I think they'd get trounced by Newport who've basically lost just 1 game a grade over the course of the year. Lindfield has shown this year they belonged in Div 1 last year too.

Since we're on it, I also think Merrylands/Irish would do a number on Beecroft/Petersham from div 3 to 2 as well, though they wouldnt be able to field anything past second grade.

pococksquads87

Frank Row (1)
Bit of a rogue idea this but I think clubs from lower divisions seeking promotion to higher divisions should play a match day of all grades against the club who’s looking at being relegated. Because TBH I don’t think any Division 2 club beats any club in Division 1. Vote 1 The gloveman for RugbyAU Chairman!
The gloveman is going to make subbies great again