• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Eastcoast

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Was a cracking day of rugby on Saturday. Shame I missed 1st grade, the wind had blown me into the Lane Cove river by the time kickoff arrived. Looks to be an exciting race to Kentwell.
Will most likely be another match up late August..

Very interested in the Div 2 situation though. 6 teams all suitable for finals, two will miss out. Will Pats call for another special AGM if they miss out?

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Will Pats call for another special AGM if they miss out?

I understand the sentiment here but the St Pats bashing because of their performance here seems a little off base. Finishing above 3 clubs in the club championship and then getting relegated on a vague basis is still a genuine gripe regardless of results the following year.

And that's coming from a man who hates the trip to Hudson more than a trip to the denist..

TheBigArvo

Ted Fahey (11)
I understand the sentiment here but the St Pats bashing because of their performance here seems a little off base. Finishing above 3 clubs in the club championship and then getting relegated on a vague basis is still a genuine gripe regardless of results the following year.

And that's coming from a man who hates the trip to Hudson more than a trip to the denist..
As someone who dislikes Pats with a passion, I fully agree.
More thought needs to be put into a coming up with a structure that puts like sized/ability clubs against each other and not just this is the way it’s been done previously. There’s been only a few clubs over the last 10 years that have been able to successfully transition into Div 1/2.
Ill follow that with I have no clue how to make it work. Surely there is a way to make it work

Eastcoast

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Just a slight quip before they add more Silverware to the Hudson Clubhouse

Last edited:

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Div 3 Round 9 Thursday Make Up Game Preview:

Sydney Harlequins (5) at Knox (4):
Finals footy up for grabs under lights on a Thursday night, a park footy fans dream. Do we see the Quinns who went toe to toe with heavyweight Harbour last week or the side that got done by Valley at home a month ago? They'll need the former to get over an in form Knox side at a ground they embrace as the worst in Subbies. Matchup to watch is Glover vs Beighton in the 12 channel, two hard hitting ball running centres, whoever wins that tussle will go a long way. Quinns will be wise to gameplan around stopping Knox #8 Filipo who has run amok since his promotion into the top grade (6 tries in 7 outings). I think the post work trip north might play a part, so I'll take Knox in a tight one. Knox by 8.

Heavyd

Arch Winning (36)

Just a reminder St Pats are on track for the Minor Premierships in 2s,3s,4s and Colts.

The Ghost of Bernie

Peter Burge (5)
That grounds done for the season!
Guess who's back? Back again?
Shady's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back? Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

Attachments

• 20240724_170429.jpg
    20240724_170429.jpg