• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Knox get up 30-19 over Harlequins at Lofberg tonight, which effectively seals the Clark Cup finalists.

54 Merrylands
51 Irish
42 Oysters
39 Knox

Will the order change?

Merrylands are home to Quins on Saturday, with Knox at Lofberg in R14.
Irish are home to Oysters Saturday, then travel to McQuade. Epic bus trip incoming.
Oysters at Irish, then home to Barker.
Knox away to LCOIRFC then host the Wolves.

I reckon the order looks like it will stay about the same, with the Knox v Merrylands clash probably deciding if the latter stay in first.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 3 Farrant Cup sees Merrylands, Irish, and Knox safe, with HVRU and Quins fighting it out for 4th

53 Irish
49 Merrylands
40 Knox
35 HVRU - Barker (A), Irish (H) - a win Saturday will see them pull clear
23 Quins - Merrylands (A), LCOIRFC (H) - need to beat Merrylands to have a chance.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Div 3 Nicholson Cup finalists decided. Unlikely to change order at this point

59 Knox - LCOIRFC (A) should be a cracker! Chatswood (H) probably gives them the minor premiership
50 LCOIRFC - Knox (H), Wakehurst (A) probably banks them at least one win.
42 Eaysters - Brothers (A), Mac Uni (H) the easiest run in and a small chance at 2nd
35 HVRU - Mac Uni (A), Brothers (H) should see them north of 40

parkfootyenthusiast2

Peter Burge (5)
Div 3 Round 9 Thursday Make Up Game Preview:

Sydney Harlequins (5) at Knox (4):
Finals footy up for grabs under lights on a Thursday night, a park footy fans dream. Do we see the Quinns who went toe to toe with heavyweight Harbour last week or the side that got done by Valley at home a month ago? They'll need the former to get over an in form Knox side at a ground they embrace as the worst in Subbies. Matchup to watch is Glover vs Beighton in the 12 channel, two hard hitting ball running centres, whoever wins that tussle will go a long way. Quinns will be wise to gameplan around stopping Knox #8 Filipo who has run amok since his promotion into the top grade (6 tries in 7 outings). I think the post work trip north might play a part, so I'll take Knox in a tight one. Knox by 8.

Knox by 11 ✅

Went out to Lofberg tonight, good game of footy. Game shifted when Glover shot out of the line to crease Beighton to extinguish a 3 man overlap, and it was the raging Filipo with another two tries to seal it.

I believe it was the Quinns with an upset win over Knox in the minor semis last year, so some sweet revenge for Knox in ending their finals hopes tonight.

Club championship very much in play for Knox, Irish and Merrylands with two weeks to go, not much else to play for as far as finals at concerned. Testament to the strength of Merrylands and Irish given they’re doing it without colts.