• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney 7's: 3 - 5 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
My two cents for yesterday venue. Instead of Kippax Oval should have used SCG as overflow oval. SCG is a main stadia could have mixed and matches better.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
NZ win the early exchanges, Iopu-Aso scores, 7-0. Fijian in the bin, not sure what for.

Doesn't matter, these guys can go 80 with six on the park as easily as with seven. 7-7.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Ware scores in the corner, NZ 12-7 Fiji. Need at least another try before Fiji are back to seven, tho.

Ah shit, Tuwai tears us up again & it's gunna be Fiji 14-12 NZ at the break.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
NZ regain the lead then Stowers gets a YC that could & possibly should have been a Red. Fiji score 0.3 seconds later, 21-17.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
We really suck st playing catch-up footy, always throwing the 40/60 pass & looking gob-smacked when it doesn't go to hand. Now gotta go coast to coast.

T

TOCC

Australia into the Semis, can't see them beating South Africa, especially now that Sam Myers is out inured..

But I really think there is a lot to like from this team, 2 x 18 yr olds and 3 x 19 yr old.

McDermott and Taylor really standing out for me from the new generation.. Hutchinson is simply the best player in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Canada 33-20 PNG who scored four tries in the second half & are like Fiji used to be before they discovered "structure" & "discipline" (in the "stick to the structure" not "not taking people's heads off" sense). If & when they ever develop those things they're gunna be a real handful.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
France 19-12 Japan who were well on top,until they got a man binned, France scored 12 & Japan seemed to tire badly during that time, fell off a fairly easy tackle to gift France the decider.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Fiji 38-21 Argentina who lead 21-10 at the break & were a man up, Fiji just flicked the switch & went to that next level they seem to have. Glad it wasn't against us!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Koroi brings Bibby down from behind with a mitt on the shoulder. Penalty England. WTF. And they score, 5-5. Koroi tried to knock the ball out over the line & I'm surprised he didn't get pinged, pretty much reached over the shoulder to do it. Inconsistent much?

HT 5-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.