• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney 7's: 3 - 5 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There is not a single person in the squad earning $92,000. Bill's quotes from last week about both the men and the women were completely incorrect. Including before tax, including grants (performance & appearance related), 90% of the squad;s salaries do not come close to that figure.

Can you please explain what detail you know?

My assumption is that Ed Jenkins, Chucky Stannard and Lewis Holland are on a lot more than the base contract.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Shouldn't the ARU pay scale of players be in sync with the money their part of the sport generates?

I think the Wallabies generate the vast majority of the income received by the ARU so those players should be commensurate with that.

I wonder just how much of the ARU's revenue comes from Men's Sevens and Women's Sevens (individually)

IMO the pays of Sevens players, both lads and girls is pretty reasonable when you combine the travel to exotic places etc etc. Maybe it is too high for the revenue generated ??? I have no real idea - just floating it out there.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Shouldn't the ARU pay scale of players be in sync with the money their part of the sport generates?

I think the Wallabies generate the vast majority of the income received by the ARU so those players should be commensurate with that.

I wonder just how much of the ARU's revenue comes from Men's Sevens and Women's Sevens (individually)

IMO the pays of Sevens players, both lads and girls is pretty reasonable when you combine the travel to exotic places etc etc. Maybe it is too high for the revenue generated ??? I have no real idea - just floating it out there.

They'd also get money through the Australian Sports Commission for their Olympic participation.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The travel is surely an exciting opportunity for the young guys, but a negative for the older ones, particularly those with a family.

Revenue generated is not the only consideration. Probably the most vital aspect is how important 7s is to the ARU from a strategic perspective (clearly moreso for women than men) and what it costs to recruit a competitive team (more for the men than women).

Clearly if it was all down to revenue generated, the Wallaby players would get more than they do, Super Rugby players less and everyone else pretty much nothing.

Scar

Frank Row (1)
Taylor is the complete package, skills, can tackle, big strong and fast, good hands and ball skills, tough with mongrel, a good footy brain can see whats happening ahead and has been involved setting up nearly every try for the team

Hard to believe this is only his first season of ever playing rugby 7s. Wait until he gets more experience under his belt, he will be something special. Cheika is watching him very closely.

Proud Mum ;)

Otherwise known as Mustafa!

Norfolk & Chance

Peter Burge (5)
There is not a single person in the squad earning $92,000. Bill's quotes from last week about both the men and the women were completely incorrect. Including before tax, including grants (performance & appearance related), 90% of the squad;s salaries do not come close to that figure.

Really? I hadn't heard this. confirmed as scrapped?

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/Portals/35/assets/documents/2016/Pathway Update Letter.pdf

Follow the link. 17's are gone, 15's will be for 5 weeks and the 16's championship is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.