• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
If the the Reds play anything like the Maroons did the other night in the State Of Origin they will win. The unrelenting wave upon wave of attack, principally in the forwards but in the backs as well, took the sting out of the Blues (league). When they finally got the ball they were stuffed and had to rely on some tricks and luck to score any tries.

Sometimes the Maroons looked like the Borg and that's how the Reds forwards have to play. When the Sharks played the Crusaders in the qualifier they had them on the back foot for a good half hour with rush defence both at the ruck and in the backs. They couldn't keep it up, which was not surprising, but it was interesting to see the high class Saders players in stasis for so long.

The Crusaders blew the Sharks away after that but the lesson was clear: pressure causes even top teams problems.

To the credit of the Reds they were way quicker to the breakdown than the Blues (rugby) players and they will have to do it again tomorrow night. And they have to get to the too big centres quickly also.

Go the Reds.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Slim - please refer to the rules on shit stirring. This is not the time to start that up again. It's been done repeatedly and is boring as batshit.

Fuck me, I am nervous about tomorrow. Going to go for a run in the morning to try and shake out some of my energy.

Could the years of hurt be about to end? I know we've all watched this clip before (probably numerous times) but bugger me - compare the Quade of 2007 in it to what we saw last weekend and it's night and day. I remember thinking at the time "he can't possibly fuck up again", and then he would.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GylqHzh9bCQ

We've all spent seasons watching the crap that unfolded match after match before our eyes before Link transformed the place. Thank you Berrick Barnes for fucking off - you truly were the saviour of Queensland Rugby, just not in the way most people thought you would be.

For years, the pic below was my most common view at the Reds games. Repeatedly watching us lined up underneath the sticks after whoever we were playing ran in yet another try. Look at those stands at the other end. There's fucking no one in them. How good is it going to be tomorrow when it is packed wall to wall in Red? It used to be so quiet that I could yell requests out to the band and have them played because nothing else was happening. I expect it to be loud as hell tomorrow.

By a good twist of fate, I'll be back in those same seats tomorrow night as part of the "St George Reds Fanbank". And the mate I used to sit with is arriving into Brisbane in the moring after a year with the Navy and will be straight to ground to sit there too. Full facepaint will be coming on for the first time in years and around 85 minutes of non-stop yelling will be the order of the day.

I hope the Reds win this more than I hope the Wallabies win the World Cup. The Wallabies have never been as shit as the Reds got down to and I actually wouldn't be distraught if the Kiwi's won the World Cup. I think they're due, but a loss tomorrow and suddenly Sir Richie and Dan might start wondering if they can handle what Quade and Will bring to the table. Plant the seeds of doubt tomorrow for what may play out in October...

Anyway, enough rambling. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. You have brought much joy to both regions you represent this year. May the best team win.

Go the Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Redszone 2008.jpg
    Redszone 2008.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 211

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Heart - Carn the Reds
Head - well, after the hangover subsides, I think the Crusaders might do it.
But carn the Reds anyway!!!

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Probably already mentioned but wow for the match selling out in 45 minutes I don't even think the origin decider sold out that quickly.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
i'm sick of all this saders favourite shit. the reds are so going to win this game and win it in style. they have been by far the best team all year and if they don't win it, it will take a perfect storm from the saders. c'mon you reds

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
There's obviously a healthy respect from most punters for both the teams in tonight's final...hard to argue that the best two teams in 2011 haven't made it there.

Some great comments in the lead up..including a cracker post from Ali's Choice.

Should be a ball tearer...Go the Reds!!!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I hope the Reds win this more than I hope the Wallabies win the World Cup. The Wallabies have never been as shit as the Reds got down to and I actually wouldn't be distraught if the Kiwi's won the World Cup. I think they're due, but a loss tomorrow and suddenly Sir Richie and Dan might start wondering if they can handle what Quade and Will bring to the table. Plant the seeds of doubt tomorrow for what may play out in October...

Go the Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Entirely agree with the sentiments about hoping the Reds win more than the Wobs in the WC. This is the one, WC would just be icing on the cake.

10 and a half hours til kickoff!!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Heart - Carn the Reds
Head - well, after the hangover subsides, I think the Crusaders might do it.
But carn the Reds anyway!!!

I woke up this morning calm about what ever happens tonight. I really think the reds have got the game and the players to win.

Watching them last weekend really struck home to me their ability to do things I did not think possible at this level of rugby. I remember seeing it in glimpses over the last 5 years (it was the crumbs that kept me going to the games) but they consistently pull amazing things out when the moment requires it now.

They'll be up for it tonight.

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
Entirely agree with the sentiments about hoping the Reds win more than the Wobs in the WC. This is the one, WC would just be icing on the cake.

I totally agree too... but had felt too ashamed of thinking this way to post it. I would much rather see the Reds win.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Well said that man.

Go the Reds.

Lee: I have a (most sincere) question for you: what does it feel like today, as you contemplate a home S15 GF, filled with Reds players that you must have watched from juniors, club, school, Academies, whatever, over so many years, and over so many victory songs sung and sad tales rendered in the dying afternoon light with just handfuls watching on, what does it feel like for you, the passionate rugby-loving man who has seen all this deep history that will so powerfully unfold today on the field of dreams for 22 of what are now amongst our country's very best, waiting for glory under the lights with 50,000 above them?

What is it like for you, our trusted one?

Status
Not open for further replies.