• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
We've all spent seasons watching the crap that unfolded match after match before our eyes before Link transformed the place. Thank you Berrick Barnes for fucking off - you truly were the saviour of Queensland Rugby, just not in the way most people thought you would be.

I've been thinking that myself for a while, and have passed on my thoughts to a few people. Berrick's desertion would seem to've been the final straw for some in the QRU which led to the resignation/sacking of the GM, Peter Lewis, a new board and, eventually, a new coach. In years to come I hope this action by Berrick is portrayed in some sort of historical context, and accuracy.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers: Reds Cooper 68% (71 from 105), Crusaders: Carter 74% (64/87) Bequist 68% (28/41) #RedvCru

Drop Goals: Reds Cooper 4 from 7, Genia 0/2. Crusaders Carter 1/3, Berquist 1/4, Ellis 1/2, Fotalti’i 0/1 #RedvCru

Reds on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 9.6 pens (7); 5.0 pens at ruck (12); 12.4 missed tackles (13) #RedvCru

Crusaders on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 10.6 pens (3); 6.3 pens at ruck (3); 13.9 missed tackles (6) #RedvCru

Reds v Crusaders Ref stats: B Lawrence forced to award, per game average 18.8 pens (10.9 at ruck) 4.1 scrum resets & 3.7 scrum infringes #RedvCru

Reds v Crusaders Ref stats: B Lawrence 14 (1=most/highest) from 17 refs to award spens for ruck and offside, 4th for scrum pens #RedvCru

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Michael Lynagh and Sean Fitzpatrick on Sky Sports pre-game (via a stream). Anyone know whether they'll get the Aussie commentators feed for the game? Its the Aus commentators, nevermind!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Crusaders are offside at every ruck as usual, and Lawrence is allowing it. Crusaders pillars are taking out arriving players before they even get to the rucks. I'll say it again now McCaw is a cheating C*&&^%.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lawrence has no control whatsoever right now. Cru permanently offside and all he can do is blow up some knock ons

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Genia needs to stop kicking and they need to start flooding the breakdown. Also Cooper needs to do Something.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Reds are probably lucky to go to oranges only one down. If they can survive on the scraps they might get there and it looks like thats what theyre gonna have to do.

C

champo

Could Bryce Lawrence be any more useless? He might as well not be there.

Edit: Long time lurker, so hello to all. Signed up just to express how outraged I am with Lawrence right now. Call me an excuse-maker/sore loser all you like, but he has let the Crusaders get away with murder thus far. I'm not suggesting he is biased, just useless I believe.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
we need to improve our play at he breakdown. Why is anyone surprised that the close decisions are going the way of the Crusaders. It's been this way for years.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Think Lawrence has been surprisingly consistent for both sides, although breakdown is too messy.

Reds have had so little attacking ball, but their defense has been magnificent. Crusaders, for all their possession, have been somewhat neutralized and have been forced into mistakes, but their pressure is building. Flynn having a 'mare at lineout time and the Reds have needed it. Reds need to clear out breakdown better to provide some platform for Genia.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I hope Link has a yell at Lawrence at half time. If the Crusaders are not being penalised for offside at the breakdown the Reds have to start taking them out. When Lawrence penalises them for it Horwill needs to tell him it will continue and get more venomous until such time as he starts to enforce onside play.

If the second continues in the mode of the first I have to say the Crusaders will win by 15+.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've always said Flynn is the only weakness in the Crusaders. Proved it tonight. Can't believe people were actually saying he'd overtaken Hore/Elliot for the 2nd hooking spot.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I said earlier in the week that the Crusaders slow the opposition ball by having the first tackler release and roll just far enough to impede a long place and arriving ruck defenders. They need to be stomped. Three times before the turnover the Crusaders did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.