• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
what does it feel like today, as you contemplate a home S15 GF, filled with Reds players that you must have watched from juniors, club, school, Academies, whatever, over so many years, and over so many victory songs sung and sad tales rendered in the dying afternoon light with just handfuls watching on, what does it feel like for you, the passionate rugby-loving man who has seen all this deep history that will so powerfully unfold today on the field of dreams for 22 of what are now amongst our country's very best, waiting for glory under the lights with 50,000 above them?

Am absolutely ecstatic for the lads. Often I get a bit teary eyed when a new player comes on to the park in Super Rugby and I don't care a rats what colour jersey they are wearing and what team they played for at school.

Some lads did a lot better than I thought they would - Genia is an example and even though he played for Oz Schools, Davies is another.

I got to know the Fainga'a family at schools trials and met the lads at Riverview; so they haven't surprised me that much. It's good to see Taps where he is now too; his partnership with Horne was magic in the day. Young Simmons too, though I thought he may not become a robust enough player - but he proved me wrong.

If only Aidan Toua can come back healthy from his operation most of the promising Qld lads of recent years would have made their mark - and that's before we talk about Gill and PAE.

It's all good - and I know I have a quiet stir sometimes but after all their years of adversity it's good to see the Reds back.

Am going to be nervous tonight. Go the Reds.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Am absolutely ecstatic for the lads. Often I get a bit teary eyed when a new player comes on to the park in Super Rugby and I don't care a rats what colour jersey they are wearing and what team they played for at school.

Some lads did a lot better than I thought they would - Genia is an example and even though he played for Oz Schools, Davies is another.

I got to know the Fainga'a family at schools trials and met the lads at Riverview; so they haven't surprised me that much. It's good to see Taps where he is now too; his partnership with Horne was magic in the day. Young Simmons too, though I thought he may not become a robust enough player - but he proved me wrong.

If only Aidan Toua can come back healthy from his operation most of the promising Qld lads of recent years would have made their mark - and that's before we talk about Gill and PAE.

It's all good - and I know I have a quiet stir sometimes but after all their years of adversity it's good to see the Reds back.

Am going to be nervous tonight. Go the Reds.

Thanks Lee. Enjoyed reading that. And btw: perhaps today is a day that, for our Reds, never has your signature line been so apt.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Trying to pace myself emotionally for this match. That sounds ridiculous because I am only watching the game, but I'm trying not to burn too much nervous energy too early. Went out for lunch and didn't talk about rugby and now I think I might mow the lawn and do some gardening. If I'm feeling like this I can only imagine how the players feel. Despite the fact that I've been through a few finals as a Crusaders fan, I think I'm more nervous this year than ever before. I just want a good game, with no controversy and the better team to win.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Should rank about #2 in Quade's most nervous moments, behind the first date with Stephanie of course.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I really hope the whole team gets behind Quade - the media coverage on him this week has been unreal and I hope he doesn't try to do everything himself which saw his game fall to pieces in his rookie days.

C

chriscullen

Am having a quiet beer before I head off to the game soon, I like to get there early in case a myriad of unlikely events would see me miss the kick off, hoping for a free flowing final that showcases our game to viewers at home. So hyped up is anyone else checking there watch every 5 mins?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I've been away from this great place for the week so I've missed a lot of the build-up and am busily trying to catch up now, just wanted to throw my 2c in and say I hope the game is a blinder, and we see some of the very best in rugby from the two best teams in the competition.

Oh, and GO THE REDS!!!!!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think man of the match will be a bit of a bolter, here is my prediction- Simmons 3 points, Saaia 2 points and 1 point to Robinson.

I am obviously hoping for a huge effort up front for the Reds.

My biggest fear is that Richie will niggle QC (Quade Cooper) in this game. Richie has the old head to be able to do this without losing his cool and getting sent off, for all of QC (Quade Cooper)'s improvements over the last few years I just cant help feel he may struggle to keepo his cool and just play footy.

I have $5 of Higginbotham to be first try scorer

G

GC

MOM will be Genia or Robinson if the Reds get up or McCaw or Guildford for the Saders.

L

lostboot

Can anyone post a link for a live stream of tonight's match for an old fart interstate?

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
I think man of the match will be a bit of a bolter, here is my prediction- Simmons 3 points, Saaia 2 points and 1 point to Robinson.

I am obviously hoping for a huge effort up front for the Reds.

My biggest fear is that Richie will niggle QC (Quade Cooper) in this game. Richie has the old head to be able to do this without losing his cool and getting sent off, for all of QC (Quade Cooper)'s improvements over the last few years I just cant help feel he may struggle to keepo his cool and just play footy.

I have $5 of Higginbotham to be first try scorer

Not a bad shout on Higginbotham, he has really impressed me this year and a shoe in for the wobs.

should be a good match, Reds must be favoured due to home advantage and travel. Unfortuantely for them, they are playing the only team that can overcome those factors and prevail.

Very close game and should be a cracking match and the prelude of another final in a few months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.