• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RuckinGoodStats

No worries, get into those bookies!
lCqJK.gif
That's the curse as soon as i do it for me, it turns pear shape, but works well for others. I must only use my powers for good and not evil...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Here's a replay of the Huricanes v Reds game 2010. if any can watch this disgracefuk display and say Bryce Lawrence is not biased they are kidding themselves.

Lawrence actually even jokes at one stage with Andrew Hore that he would cheat if he could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkNzHMu_DI

Enjoy.
What part of "let it go" was ambiguous?
Last time I suggest it.

R

Raugeee

What part of "let it go" was ambiguous?
Last time I suggest it.

ooh, ooh - I'd better do what you say or what.......? i f you say something threatening is uggest you reread the termas and condition of using this forum.

Just don't read these posts if they're not to your taste. you know, like a normal person.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unless you're involved in those meetings you're making some pretty big assumptions

It's not an assumption, it's a statement of fact...

All of the teams were consulted before the finals about referee pre-appointments, and all coaches AGREED to having 'the best referees' (which can be argued) over neutral referees...

Unfortunately for Australian teams there are no refeerees who were good enough to be considered...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room but the reason Crusaders are favorites is that Bryce Lawrence will be in charge of the game. To borrow another animal themed metaphor it's like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coop.

It's a joke.

My prediction is that Reds score 2 tries to one but will lose by 4 points on the back of Carter penalties. Those penalties will be from scrums where Lawrence will be wilfully hoodwinked by the Crusaders.

As always, I hope I'm wrong. David Gallup said before State of Origin 2 that the smart money would be on NSW. I can see a similar result occuring with Canterbury prevailing 19 -14 on Saturday.

Sorry to be a bummer but blame SANZAR.

Well we had to put up with Stu...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
ooh, ooh - I'd better do what you say or what.......? i f you say something threatening is uggest you reread the termas and condition of using this forum.

Just don't read these posts if they're not to your taste. you know, like a normal person.
He's the Mod you dickhead!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Anyhow.

I can't help but think that the reds really are up against it, not because of the f$%^ing match officials, but because the Crusaders are a very complete side chock full of all blacks on a mission because of the events of the year.

The fairy tale is a crusaders win, really, and the reds are going to have to really go up a level to spoil it. Can they? Yes. And if they do, or go close to, I think it will be amazing.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
That's the curse as soon as i do it for me, it turns pear shape, but works well for others. I must only use my powers for good and not evil...

That's why I was asking
b4ox3.gif
... (nah, more interested in just comparing players).

ACT Crusader, sent you a lengthy PM mate. :thumb

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The conspiracy theories are in!

Good choice for the final (if Bryce Lawrence is confirmed as the ref). He has probably been the best S15 ref this season, slightly ahead of Joulbert IMO.

Hope the Reds beat the nerves again this week. If Quade puts in another performance like that, and the Reds defence is up to the task again i can't see them losing.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
There is most definitely evidence of referees' national favouritism in rugby and there is statistically valid evidence to back up the claims. Neutral referees do not exhibit the same predispositions.

Having said that, the referee has now been chosen so we wish him a good game and hope to see some great rugby.

What evidence? I'd be very interested to check it out.

R

RuckinGoodStats

That's why I was asking
b4ox3.gif
... (nah, more interested in just comparing players).

ACT Crusader, sent you a lengthy PM mate. :thumb

Right, um and I look for that in the notifications bit and the system sends me an email?

D

daz

I have to say that as a Reds supporter, I would be so much more comfortable if we were playing the Stomers. I think the Reds should start as favourites, but by golly, if the Saders came up trumps I would not be surprised. Gutted and miserable, but not surprised.

You just have to respect what the Saders do on the field, and what they represent off the field. Class.

I have this little niggle that while the Reds can do some insane and wonderful things on the park, they seem to be playing on a knife edge which can turn and cut them pretty quickly. I suppose my feeling is that the Reds are inspired magic in attack with good defense (not great. They have little lapses which are costly. See 39 minute mark first half last weekend), while the Saders are perhaps a bit more structured and game-plan oriented, which makes them dangerous in both attack and defense. I think both teams match up pretty well in all positions.

I am a poor analyst of such things, but I am not sure either team will win by volume of tries scored. Discipline in the defending 22 is going to be the deciding factor.

That said, Reds by 5.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Right, um and I look for that in the notifications bit and the system sends me an email?

OK, I've forwarded it to you now too (and Bruwheresmycar). Click on your private messages.

If everyone else wants it I'll just create a new thread...
b4ox3.gif

Back on topic: Any news on what happened to Samo in the game on Saturday? Is he okay to play the final?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think the study deserves it's own thread. Hopefully we can discuss it there without the blind ref complaining from randoms. (and mods can move these posts into that thread).

It seems very interesting so far, i'll try and post my thoughts later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.