• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I have to say that as a Reds supporter, I would be so much more comfortable if we were playing the Stomers. I think the Reds should start as favourites, but by golly, if the Saders came up trumps I would not be surprised. Gutted and miserable, but not surprised.

After the game I was amazed that I was the only one out of my group of mates who wanted the Stormers to win, with the justification that it would make me more comfortable (it still would of been a bloody hard game). But my mates kept saying, "Nah fuck it, the Crusaders will make it a entertaining final and it would be perfect beating those kiwi sheep shaggers".

So I guess there is two sides to that. But the way the Crusaders looked against the Stormers, this game is gonna be a bloody close one.

Home ground advantage FTW!

R

RuckinGoodStats

OK, I've forwarded it to you now too (and Bruwheresmycar). Click on your private messages.

If everyone else wants it I'll just create a new thread...
b4ox3.gif

Head knock, but passed his concussion test I believe

Back on topic: Any news on what happened to Samo in the game on Saturday? Is he okay to play the final?

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I think the Sader's will need to bring a different game to the table this weekend. Withering defense, highly effective ruck/mauls and accurate kicking enabled them to dominate the Stormers, but giving the opposition the ball to feed off is an invitation to lose to the Reds, even with Carter's devastating accuracy and timing. I'm expecting they will play basic AB's rugby - control by the forwards balanced with careful kicks to achieve lineouts, try to dominate the 22 and feed off penalties. Dominate possession, retain possession, let the penalties and tries flow.

Conversely the Reds will of course just do what they do - play loose, avoid getting sucked in, and run the ball.

What worries me is Genia getting crumpled up and having to leave the field, but he's one canny bugger.

It is gonna be a great game, ref or no ref.

A

Anyaussiesidewilldo

The Reds will be too good. They have played the better rugby all year and have already beaten the Sader's at the same ground recently. Thier game is exciting and can you can tell they are playing for each other and thier fans and not just for Wallaby caps. They are extremely well coached and have been able to adjust to conditions and different game plans with amazing surety.

Quite happy with the Ref too. McCaw's attitude at post match interview in the last game was attrocious. He knows the rules, he breaks them, he knows he breaks them and then sulks like a 10 year old boy when he is called for breaking them. I always thought he had a little more class about him. Here's hoping that the game is won by the better Rugby team on the day and the game is referee'd the way it should be.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I was going to tip the Crusaders, but then remembered last time I tipped against the Reds. I keep waiting for the fairytale to end, but it hasn't. They have actually discovered how to win, even when things aren't going their way. Reds supporters need to have faith, these guys are the real deal, and the best thing is I think they know it now too. Reds by 3.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I was going to tip the Crusaders, but then remembered last time I tipped against the Reds. I keep waiting for the fairytale to end, but it hasn't. They have actually discovered how to win, even when things aren't going their way. Reds supporters need to have faith, these guys are the real deal, and the best thing is I think they know it now too. Reds by 3.
Spot on Charger. I think a lot of us are thinking it is too good to be true the way Queensland has performed this year, I have complete faith they can do the job on Saturday.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
This match will be full of mouth-watering individual battles. The talent and credentials of these players is immense, to say the least. In bold are who I think are the superior players:

Daley & Holmes vs. Franks & Crockett
Fainga'a vs. Flynn
Horwill & Simmons vs. Thorn & Whitelock- Tie
Higginbotham, Samo & Robinson vs. Whitelock, Read & McCaw
Genia & Cooper vs. Ellis & Carter
Tapuai & Fainga'a vs. Williams & Fruean
Ioane, Lance & Davies vs. Guildford, Marshall & Maitland

Combined XV:
1. Franks
2. Fainga'a
3. Crockett
4. Horwill
5. Thorn
6. Robinson
7. McCaw
8. Read
9. Genia
10. Carter
11. Ioane
12. Cooper
13. Williams
14. Fruean
15. Guildford

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Quite happy with the Ref too. McCaw's attitude at post match interview in the last game was attrocious. He knows the rules, he breaks them, he knows he breaks them and then sulks like a 10 year old boy when he is called for breaking them. I always thought he had a little more class about him. Here's hoping that the game is won by the better Rugby team on the day and the game is referee'd the way it should be.

Are you referring to the last Reds/Crusaders game? Because all I can remember is McCaw acting with a lot of class and poise despite a few leading questions about the ref.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Reds will be too good. They have played the better rugby all year and have already beaten the Sader's at the same ground recently. Thier game is exciting and can you can tell they are playing for each other and thier fans and not just for Wallaby caps. They are extremely well coached and have been able to adjust to conditions and different game plans with amazing surety.

Gee don't they come out of the woodwork. Is the Planet Rugby site down??

If you're serious...
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/fo...uncorp-2011R15?p=242358&viewfull=1#post242358

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Get off your high horse ACT. I think we've covered that the guy was wrong. You coming in after the fact and calling him a lowlife only makes you look like a troll

On the subject of reffing I think it's been well and truly covered now but it might be worth it's own thread to discuss post GF pre internationals

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Get off your high horse ACT. I think we've covered that the guy was wrong. You coming in after the fact and calling him a lowlife only makes you look like a troll

On the subject of reffing I think it's been well and truly covered now but it might be worth it's own thread to discuss post GF pre internationals

Just indicating that others didn't share his view of the post-game interview, no name calling, no high-horse, no trolling I would think, unless the mods think differently.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
That's it tiger, you jump on that band wagon

ACT pretty sure you suggested he was a PR reject, or were trying to say something kind about him with that remark?

Loving the cheap shots here guys keep em coming. You're all such fine gents

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Now lets have a good clean fight!
Looks like I have to wait until Wednesday morning to get my tickets. Hopefully I'll still get a shot at something in Plat. I was surprised how cheap the semi tickets were, only 75 for plat and I think its only 78 for the GF. Incredible value IMO

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
ooh, ooh - I'd better do what you say or what.......? i f you say something threatening is uggest you reread the termas and condition of using this forum.

Just don't read these posts if they're not to your taste. you know, like a normal person.

I'm happy to avail you of the "or what" option, if you would like, and as it seems likely most of the rest of the forum would like it, consider yourself surplus to requirements.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
That seems a bit tough he was just riled up and obviously didn't know you were a mod
+ he pulled his head in since being enlightened...

Status
Not open for further replies.