• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ Shawk was chasing it left-to-right, Sopoaga fell into the trap of going further right when the clever option is go left 'cos the advancing player has already overrun & can't possibly charge it down. Easier said than done, tho, esp in the 81st minute. Parker may or may not have made the shot but would he have got his side into that field position in the first place? That I'm not so sure about.

EDIT: good news for Clan is that they'll stay in the Top 8 regardless of other results this Round.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
The only thing I think the Sharks have going for them is their defense. They're great (like SA sides usually are) at holding up players in the tackle, slows almost every phase down 1-2 seconds at least. No wonder they're tough to break down. That and they have Boks littered all through the team.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Gee a bit worried about the Beast and the ref, I saw him handle him at least once and certainly not going to get himself on right side of too many talking like that.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Shawks win not enough to get them into the Top Eight plus Lions & Stormers should go further ahead overnight. There's hope yet for a style of Sethficken rugby that doesn't just involve bush-bosh-bash or kick-chase-hope for an error.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Shawks win not enough to get them into the Top Eight plus Lions & Stormers should go further ahead overnight. There's hope yet for a style of Sethficken rugby that doesn't just involve bush-bosh-bash or kick-chase-hope for an error.

At least the Cheetahs don't play that way - unfortunately they play another way which is even less effective if last night is anything to go by.;)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Early collision between Tuculet & Lolohea, both off & can't see either returning.

Jags three tries but all unconverted, Sunwolves a converted try & two PG so Jags up 15-13 close to HT. You wouldn't know the Sunwolves shipped 90+ last week & they're well in this.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
How good is this crowd?!

Gee a bit worried about the Beast and the ref, I saw him handle him at least once and certainly not going to get himself on right side of too many talking like that.

It's not the first time this season, either. He seems to be pretty poor with the refs.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Great game.

Crowd goes nuts.

Although, for all the fellatory press he gets, the "world class" Hernandez should've been a class above anyone else out there. Yet he's been one long colossal shart sandwich all season. Was he even playing at 1st 5? A couple of bombs and some sadly hurried shanked shots at goal then he slinked off home. Plus 1,000 half shanked "chip kicks" that easily went straight to opposition hand? By about the 65th minute it was starting to look almost.... suspicious. Was the fix in? Had Hernandez accepted a MASSIVE payoff from the JRU? The home team, desperate for their first ever win, in Tokyo too. In what could be their last realistic chance for a win judging by their schedule.

hourglass.jpg

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't rate Hernandez as a 10, he's a much better 12. Certainly his kicking today was poor. Pisi on the other hand was excellent for the Sunwolves.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Sunwolves are officially my second team now. Great win, congrats to them all. They'll win again this year I reckon.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Awesome game! I had a bet on the Sunwolves by 6+ and it paid $11 on Sportsbet, so on those odds it was a massive upset. Congrats Sunwolves!

Sunwolves are my second team now too (sorry Highlanders - but as defending champs I think you can do without me). I love their attacking style, wish the Reds would take a leaf out of the Sunwolves playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.