• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What a finish! Great first win for the Sunwolves! Amazing turnaround from last week.
Great turnaround - the result the sunwolves got last week was what many were fearing would be the norm - thank goodness did not produce this early and shown competitive and indeed by this weeks result an aberation.

Sunwolves should be generally proud of what they have achieved given how disorganised and late getting things together for start of their first season. Definitely something to build on.

The Jaguars by contrast with all their near test squad quality of players have been incredibly disappointing. Clear with the talent at their disposal they will improve in years to come but changes required as doubt the coach will remain in place for 2017 at this stage.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
What a game.

Not the greatest pass by Bogan there at the end, but Woody should still be swallowing that 99 times out of 100.

What the hell went on with the scrums at the end too?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
FUCKIN WOODWARD are you shitting me, how does this guy endeavor to concoct these game-costing brain sharts time and time again?

BBarrett well and truly fucks up his AB 1st 5 audition. Kicks sprayed all over the show and eventually UNTRUSTED with pen.shots. On the other side, Iron Will Cruden runs for 15 metres and makes about as many tackles. Perenara with a multitude of fuckups too

10. Otere Black to take pen shots
11 Savea
14 Jane
15 Barrett

G

galumay

Well i picked the Chiefs v Canes match as game of the round and it was certainly a cracker, played at pace, lots of skillful tries and totally entertaining.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Canes vs Chiefs was an entertaining game, but I thought the Canes had a night to forget from an execution point of view. Kicks charged down, dropped ball, messy line outs & poor kicking from tee & hand. Given they only lost by 1 I would assume most Canes supporters would feel they handed the Chiefs victory.

Damien McKenzie really is looking good. A live wire around the field - but also nailing two difficult kicks from touch in a tough breeze.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What a game.

Not the greatest pass by Bogan there at the end, but Woody should still be swallowing that 99 times out of 100.

FUCKIN WOODWARD are you shitting me, how does this guy endeavor to concoct these game-costing brain sharts time and time again?

That's pretty tough on Woodward. He was running flat out, reached forward and just got the end of his fingers to the ball. What's he supposed to do? Run flatter and overrun the ball? Run faster? Grow his arms longer?

It was a crap pass, end of story and they lost the game because of it.

None of the 10's in NZ got much in the way of brownie points this round. All three were poor in some aspects of play and I reckon Ihaia West went best and he had the bye. Edit: I haven't seen the Brumbies/Crusaders game yet, maybe Mo'unga went well, the result suggests he did.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
That's pretty tough on Woodward. He was running flat out, reached forward and just got the end of his fingers to the ball. What's he supposed to do? Run flatter and overrun the ball? Run faster? Grow his arms longer?

It was a crap pass, end of story and they lost the game because of it.

None of the 10's in NZ got much in the way of brownie points this round. All three were poor in some aspects of play and I reckon Ihaia West went best and he had the bye. Edit: I haven't seen the Brumbies/Crusaders game yet, maybe Mo'unga went well, the result suggests he did.

The pass was fine. Woodward didn't have his hands ready and reacted to slowly in my opinion.

Barrett played fine other than his goal kicking in what we're pretty difficult Wellington conditions. If you've ever been to the cake tin it really does swirl in that stadium at the best of times.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The pass was fine. Woodward didn't have his hands ready and reacted to slowly in my opinion.

Barrett played fine other than his goal kicking in what we're pretty difficult Wellington conditions. If you've ever been to the cake tin it really does swirl in that stadium at the best of times.

The footage before kick-off was startling - the posts were moving around heaps, and, as one of the comms pointed out, the flags were not all blowing the same way! Vortex of despair.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
In all the last-minute drama of thevTribe v 'canes, this got rather overlooked:

What the hell went on with the scrums at the end too?

"The chain of events began at the end of the first half when tighthead prop Atunaisa Moli left the field with an injury, and continued when his replacement, Siate Tokolahi, walked off injured with the clock ticking down and his team holding on to a 28-27 lead inside their own half.

"On went Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, the Chiefs' final front row replacement, but one not suited to playing tighthead, according to Chiefs coach Dave Rennie.

"According to the laws, a team fielding a replacement not able to play in the front row - thus triggering "golden oldie" or uncontested scrums - must lose a player, so off Fisi'ihoi went, leaving his side with only 14 players but with an advantage too."

In other words, they milked the system & Chris Boyd's none too happy (but would doubtless do the same given the opportunity/ necessity):

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11627949

EDIT: Jason Emery to front the Judiciary for his dangerous contact with Willie Le Roux (as will Nadolo for his lifting tackle on Cubelli yesterday):

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ing-tackle-jason-emery-faces-judicial-hearing

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Chiefs v Sharks @ Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth* 1535 AEST Friday
Ref: Pollock
AR's: Nutbrown & Mabey
TMO: Newman

Lions v Hurricanes @ Emirates Park, Jo'burg 0105 Sunday
Ref: van der Westhuizen
AR's: Peyper & Crouse
TMO: Greef

Jaguares v Kings @ Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires 0740 Sunday
Ref: Stuart Berry
AR's: Anselmi & Sylvestre
TMO: Birsani

* originally part of the HorrorCanes catchment, Taranaki jumped ship after, having being told the reason they weren't getting regular 'canes home games was the state of Yarrow Stadium then, after spending a shitload of money addressing the supposed issues, still not getting regular 'canes home games. One suspects that if Palmy North and/ or Napier were as close to the Chiefs catchment one or both of Manawatu & Hawkes Bay might also have defected by now (both having spent shitloads of money upgrading their grounds to Super Rugby standard & being rewarded with a game each on a turn-about basis).

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Chiefs: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Toni Pulu, 13 Seta Tamanivalu, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 Sam McNicol, 10 Aaron Cruden (cc), 9 Brad Weber, 8 Michael Leitch, 7 Sam Cane (cc), 6 Taleni Seu, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Hiroshi Yamashita, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Mitchell Graham. Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Siate Tokolahi, 18 Kane Hames, 19 James Tucker, 20 Lachlan Boshier, 21 Kayne Hammington, 22 Andrew Horrell, 23 Shaun Stevenson

No Kerr-Barlow due to a broken hand (no word on how long he's out for); Lowe & Ngatai who still aren't over their shoulder injuries; Allardice, Sanders & Vaipulu who were all concussed last week; Fisiiahi (knee) & Moli. But they get Dom Bird & Lienert-Brown back so it's not all bad news..........

Sharks: 15 Willie Le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Paul Jordaan, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Garth April, 9 Michael Claassens, 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Keegan Daniel (c), 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Etienne Oosthuizen, 3 Lourens Adriaanse, 2 Kyle Cooper, 1 Dale Chadwick. Replacements: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Thomas du Toit, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Hyron Andrews, 20 Jean Deysel, 21 Stefan Ungerer, 22 Joe Pietersen, 23 Odwa Ndungane

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
So - are we posting about the Reds be Cheetahs in here?

Jeez - things have got bad.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Thanks. I was really just being a bit tongue in cheek about the apparent lack of interest in the game.

I feel a bit under pressure to make some posts now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.