• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sigh. Game is effectively over as a contest based on a simple mistake. They really need to rework the red card system.
That was a red card every day of the week. The Highlanders should probably be ahead at half time regardless.

It happens so infrequently particularly early in a game that I don't think anything needs to change.

You can't let that sort of play go without a red card in the interests of keeping it 15 on 15.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good game so far. Highlanders will be regretting not scoring late in the half with so much ball in the red zone.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ shoulda taken the three on the last penalty IMO. Came oh-so-close to scoring, tho, surprised O'Keefe didn't go upstairs (no try but worth a look IMO).

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Highlanders have never understood how to take advantage of in game situations. 95% run around like mugby, 5% thought process.

Two minutes to go, 5 out, 14 on 14. Why throw a rocket inside pass back into traffic? Just play normal bloody rugby and you're in the majority of time. Is there anything worse than getting held up as the hooter goes?

Still got a major case of brick hands too.

Shame about the red card, no intent but it was bloody reckless so fair cop.

Pretty good game though all things considered.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Clan score while Lewies is still in the bin & they're right back in this, not like Shawks are gonna do anything other than pick & go or kick, chase & hope just 'cos they're a man up..............

EDIT: unless of course Clan continue to have tits for hands in which case pick & go then kick, chase & wait for the fuckup suddenly looks like a genius strategy.........

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Lewies is back out there but JPP takes his place in the bin, 9-9 coming up no matter how much "Beast" blows up about it.........

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The Beast needs to rethink how he speaks to the ref', or he'll be sitting down.
#This is not soccer

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Try Matt Faddes! Clan 14-12! Sopoaga misses from touch line.

Osborne out there for Faddes, anything's possible now..............

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ yeah but before you go for it, make sure the ref acknowledges it being out. No point arguing the toss after he's pinged you.

G

galumay

wow, they nearly snatch victory from the jaws of defeat there. good effort being a man down for a fair part of the game.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
FFS. Three games lost this season. Combined deficit of 4 fucking points.

Combined handling errors the last three games would be approaching 50.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Highlanders should have snatched that game. Gutsy performance down a man for about 40 minutes

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Appropriate score line, that (Shawks 15-14 Clan :)) Can't help but feel that a 15-man Clan would've put 20-30 past a 14-man Shawks................

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Highlanders should have snatched that game. Gutsy performance down a man for about 40 minutes

The drop goal attempt was particularly poor. Sopoaga had a ciggie before kicking that. I reckon Parker would have slotted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.