• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
just shows how disjointed the tournament is when they market a ‘double header’ which has a 2 hr gap between… almost long enough for another rugby match, perhaps Blues v Hurricanes would fit?

A9531124-D2E6-4D0D-B205-702FD4C57A09.jpeg

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Does anyone know the average (or total) amount of tries scored per game in Super Rugby AU last year, compared to Super Rugby Ao ?

Feels like the NZ teams score more tries per game against each other, but I was wrong once before

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Uh Oh (Minutes Played / (Turn Over Conceded + Missed Tackle + Penalties Conceded + (Yellow Card x 2) + (Red Card x 5)):

1. Reece Hodge (Rebels) 8.33 (stuffed up something every 8 minutes)

Uh Oh (Minutes Played / (Turn Over Conceded + Missed Tackle + Penalties Conceded + (Yellow Card x 2) + (Red Card x 5)):

1 - Reece Hodge
(Rebels) 5.08 (stuffed up something every 5 minutes)
giphy.gif

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Round 2 Stats

Defensive stats in that Revels v Force games is amazing. Perhaps just more ball in play?
Where are you getting those numbers from?

I've seen huge variation across this weeks games from different sites - ESPN have Koteka making 38 tackles where as rugbypass have it at 18, similar for McReight ESPN: 42 tackles, rugbypass: 19

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

I've seen huge variation across this weeks games from different sites - ESPN have Koteka making 38 tackles where as rugbypass have it at 18, similar for McReight ESPN: 42 tackles, rugbypass: 19
Similarly Orr 28 takles on ESPN and 13 on Rugbypass

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)

Is there anywhere that explains what constitutes a tackle on each site?

For example rugbypass may only be counting a tackle as a player actually bringing the player to ground as primary defender.

ESPN could be taking the NRL approach where a 'tackle' is simply a player making contact with another player at some stage of the play, and that attacking player going to ground. It's why you regularly see hookers in NRL with 40+ tackles but in a lot of cases they're holding onto a leg when another big body comes in over top and brings them to ground.

Seems to me there has to be difference in the calculation method, for variances that large.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I’ve used espn solely plus a couple from super.rugby.

And I’ve just seen they’ve changed the numbers since I’ve put the above together. Bugger.

Last edited:

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Already we are into the third round, my match of the round is Force v Reds. I am expecting Rodda to take his already excellent form to another level against his old club. Force to win and motm will be Rodda.
Rebels v Drua, the Drua will see this as their best chance to get their first win in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific), they would have had this game marked before the season as a possible win. Foote has made some positive and important changes to his side and this will make them more dangerous. Ioane will harden their forward pack up and Carter will give the Rebels attacking options and a better kicking game from fullback. I am interested to see what Canham will bring.Rebels to win, Ioane motm.
There is never a soft Brumbies v Tahs game and this won’t be any different, I would have loved the Tahs to have Hanigan, Hooper, Swinton and Cridge available for this game. The Brumbies have selected a very solid team and I can’t see the Tahs having the firepower to challenge. Brumbies to get the win, motm Banks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Updated Stats for last round with tackle count 'fixed'

Round 2 Stats

Defensive Players of the Round:

1 – Fraser McReight (Reds) 21 tackles @ 100% success rate
2 - Kane Koteka (Force) 19 @ 100%
3 - Ross Haylett-Petty (Rebels) 18 @ 100%
3 - Nick Frost (Brumbies) 15 @ 94%
4 – Lukhan Salakai-Loto (Reds), Ray Nu’u (Rebels) & Cameron Orr Rebels) all 14 @ 93%

Biggest Attacking Influence ((Clean Breaks + Defenders Beaten + Offloads + Try Assists) x Metres/Run):

1 - Billy Pollard (Brumbies) 69.00 (whatever, just see it as an indicator)
2 - Dylan Pietsch (Waratahs) 64.80
3 - Tom Banks (Brumbies) 51.60
4 -Noah Loloesio (Brumbies) 43.75
5 - Alec Newsome (Waratahs) 35.00

Biggest Game Disrupter (Minutes Played / (Clean Breaks + Defenders Beaten + Offloads + Turnovers Won + Line Out Steals)):
So basically who makes shit happen the most regularly!

1 - Izaia Perese (Waratahs) 8.89 (basically does something game breaking just under every 9 minutes)
2 - Billy Pollard (Brumbies) 10.00
3 - Alec Newsome (Waratahs) 11.43
4 - Dylan Pietsch (Waratahs) 12.17
5 - Ryan Lonergan (Brumbies) 13.00

Work Rate (Minutes Played / (Runs + Turn Overs Won + Tackled):

1 - Ross Haylett-Petty (Rebels) 2.36 (does one of the above every 2 and a third minutes)
2 - Harry Wilson (Reds) 2.76
3 – Kane Koteka (Force) 2.86
4 – Alex Mafi (Reds) 2.86
5 - Cameron Orr (Rebels) & Sam Wallis (Rebels) 2.94

1 - Reece Hodge (Rebels) 5.08 (stuffed up something every 5 minutes)
2 - Lachlan Lonergan (Brumbies) & Josh Nasser (Reds)10
4 - Tom Robertson (Force) 11.80
5 - Dane Zander (Reds) 12.75

Impact off the bench (Basically the Game Disrupter one but only for those who played at least 10 but less than 40 minutes from the bench)

1 - Isaac Fines-Leleiwasa (Force) 3.83
2 - Jake McIntyre (Force) 5.00
3 - Tamati Ioane (Rebels) 6.75)
4 - Ollie Callan (Force) 11.50
5 - Ryan McCauley (Force) 17.00

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
For the sake of the game and the Super Round, the Rebels need to start winning some games. Going to be an awfully empty stadium if the Rebels can't put in some good performances over the next few weeks and attract some of the local casuals back to the game.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
For the sake of the game and the Super Round, the Rebels need to start winning some games. Going to be an awfully empty stadium if the Rebels can't put in some good performances over the next few weeks and attract some of the local casuals back to the game.
I agree however it is difficult when they have so many players out.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Updated Stats for last round with tackle count 'fixed'

Round 2 Stats

Defensive Players of the Round:

1 – Fraser McReight (Reds) 21 tackles @ 100% success rate
2 - Kane Koteka (Force) 19 @ 100%
3 - Ross Haylett-Petty (Rebels) 18 @ 100%
3 - Nick Frost (Brumbies) 15 @ 94%
4 – Lukhan Salakai-Loto (Reds), Ray Nu’u (Rebels) & Cameron Orr Rebels) all 14 @ 93%

Biggest Attacking Influence ((Clean Breaks + Defenders Beaten + Offloads + Try Assists) x Metres/Run):

1 - Billy Pollard (Brumbies) 69.00 (whatever, just see it as an indicator)
2 - Dylan Pietsch (Waratahs) 64.80
3 - Tom Banks (Brumbies) 51.60
4 -Noah Loloesio (Brumbies) 43.75
5 - Alec Newsome (Waratahs) 35.00

Biggest Game Disrupter (Minutes Played / (Clean Breaks + Defenders Beaten + Offloads + Turnovers Won + Line Out Steals)):
So basically who makes shit happen the most regularly!

1 - Izaia Perese (Waratahs) 8.89 (basically does something game breaking just under every 9 minutes)
2 - Billy Pollard (Brumbies) 10.00
3 - Alec Newsome (Waratahs) 11.43
4 - Dylan Pietsch (Waratahs) 12.17
5 - Ryan Lonergan (Brumbies) 13.00

Work Rate (Minutes Played / (Runs + Turn Overs Won + Tackled):

1 - Ross Haylett-Petty (Rebels) 2.36 (does one of the above every 2 and a third minutes)
2 - Harry Wilson (Reds) 2.76
3 – Kane Koteka (Force) 2.86
4 – Alex Mafi (Reds) 2.86
5 - Cameron Orr (Rebels) & Sam Wallis (Rebels) 2.94

1 - Reece Hodge (Rebels) 5.08 (stuffed up something every 5 minutes)
2 - Lachlan Lonergan (Brumbies) & Josh Nasser (Reds)10
4 - Tom Robertson (Force) 11.80
5 - Dane Zander (Reds) 12.75

Impact off the bench (Basically the Game Disrupter one but only for those who played at least 10 but less than 40 minutes from the bench)

1 - Isaac Fines-Leleiwasa (Force) 3.83
2 - Jake McIntyre (Force) 5.00
3 - Tamati Ioane (Rebels) 6.75)
4 - Ollie Callan (Force) 11.50
5 - Ryan McCauley (Force) 17.00
Love it. Reinforces lot of things seen/ discussed. Like newsome been good at fullback and McIntyre been effective off the bench

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Hurricanes didn't train yesterday & the Assistant Coach confirmed that there's Covid "in our environment". Thursday's Blues v Hurricanes women has already been cancelled & called a draw, I'm expecting 'canes v Moana to be postponed as early as today.