• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'd love to get a look at the internal stats the teams/broadcasters are working with one day, so many key metrics that are never released for us to pore over and draw (wildly inaccurate) conclusions from.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I'd love to get a look at the internal stats the teams/broadcasters are working with one day, so many key metrics that are never released for us to pore over and draw (wildly inaccurate) conclusions from.
The stats they give us are so basic as to be useless, there are some great anayltical stats as used by coaches, but they will never be used as general Joe Blow couldn't understand them.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Everyone has their own read on team of the week selections and they aren't all purely stat based. Personally I selected Tupou for his involvements at key moments and big plays produced - his try, a couple of scrum penalties/scrum dominance at key moments and a really key chase to secure a kick down field from Daugunu stood out. Not sure where you get the non-selection of Harry Wilson from, he's at 8 in every team of the week I've seen so far, here or otherwise.

I'd suggest the idea that certain teams should be almost entirely overlooked based on their opposition is much more questionable, particularly in the first round of a competition.
I wonder Wilson if you will think the same way next week if and when the Brumbies put 25, 30 or 40 on the Drua? If that were to happen, I would certainly try to account for the lower quality opposition when rating the Brumbies players.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I wonder Wilson if you will think the same way next week if and when the Brumbies put 25, 30 or 40 on the Drua? If that were to happen, I would certainly try to account for the lower quality opposition when rating the Brumbies players.
Oh there's no chance I name a brumbies player next week, it's all about Reds v tahs - either the Reds win and I name all 15 of them by default or they lose and I don't get back from my bender until sometime well into March.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
The aggression between the Australian players is why I wish it was just an AU competition, absolutely love it, every game is a chance to earn a Wallabies spot by proving you are better than the other potential test players.
People say this all the time. I'd rather our players have the aggression against the NZ teams and earn a wallabies jersey that way.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
MP (Moana Pasifika) round 2 match postponed as well due to NZR Govt rules which meant most of the team has been in quarantine for 10 days as covid cases/close contacts. fuck what a disaster.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
MP (Moana Pasifika) round 2 match postponed as well due to NZR Govt rules which meant most of the team has been in quarantine for 10 days as covid cases/close contacts. fuck what a disaster.
No they have had it postponed because 15 of the team have had covid Adam (if you listened to Aaron Mauger who said the figure were wll above the 7 that were reported), but makes for and the players need time to get up to speed physically. I believe they think all are now clear , but too late.
Kick the NZ teams out. Time to dust off super rugby AU
Yep by all means if only everyone involved with teams in Aus and RA would listen to you huh :rolleyes: .

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
No they have had it postponed because 15 of the team have had covid Adam (if you listened to Aaron Mauger who said the figure were wll above the 7 that were reported), but makes for and the players need time to get up to speed physically. I believe they think all are now clear , but too late.
Isn’t that what I just said?

So is it 7 players who had covid, or is it 15? Earlier reports from NZ media said the entire squad was in quarantine for 10 days.

how many in quarantine were ‘close cases’ as defined by NZ Govt?

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Oh there's no chance I name a brumbies player next week, it's all about Reds v tahs - either the Reds win and I name all 15 of them by default or they lose and I don't get back from my bender until sometime well into March.
So,after all, you really have the same approach that I do.;)

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Isn’t that what I just said?

So is it 7 players who had covid, or is it 15? Earlier reports from NZ media said the entire squad was in quarantine for 10 days.

how many in quarantine were ‘close cases’ as defined by NZ Govt?
According to Aaron Mauger it was alot more than 7, the players as close contacts have been training for last couple of days(it was reduced to 7 days) and there are still some to get clearance after having it. Seems it was 7 originally, but hearing there is 15 waiting to get clearance from Super rugby meds to resume training. The med team has said it too dangerous for them to play.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Selections for this round has the Reds to get up over the Tahs in a tight and entertaining contest, Tate McDermott to be motm.
The Force to get the win over the Rebels by nine, motm FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner).
Drua to struggle with the structure of the Brumbies, Brumbies by seventeen. Motm Swain.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I would be too, but I didn’t want to appear arrogant. The Brumbies will give them very little space and opportunity.
Can understand that mate, and I suppose like me don't want to tempt mocker gods ;)
I missed Brumbies /Force game last week, so looking forward to see how Brumbies are looking this year.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
For anyone having a bet, I went crusaders +10.5 & tahs/reds under 45.5.

was 3/4 last week
I now almost exclusively go for the under, I recently listened to an ESPN podcast where they spoke to the odds makers in Las Vegas and said they over inflate the score as people generally want to choose the over as they want to see high scoring games. The score is set to make the bookies money, not to reflect the actual score predicted.