• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
What are the Highlanders paying today v the Chiefs, a lot of the Chiefs points came from McKenzie or he had a hand in them scoring. Big hole to fill for the Chiefs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
What are the Highlanders paying today v the Chiefs, a lot of the Chiefs points came from McKenzie or he had a hand in them scoring. Big hole to fill for the Chiefs.
$2.80 (Tribe $1.40), Points Start is 6.5 & don't forget Tribe have Josh Ioane, arguably the third-ranked 10 in NZ with son-of-Gats on the bench.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Nervous for MP (Moana Pasifika) after last night. Think we’ll see some very lopsided score lines.
MP (Moana Pasifika) will get some big scores against them, but I think the Drua are going to get some proper touch ups to. I can actually see MP (Moana Pasifika) being a better team than Drua at this stage.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
That stupid empty local park they're using in Queenstown is a joke.

They could at least cut the bloody grass.

The mountainous backdrop is exquisite, sure, but the shithole club team rec centre pitch vibe drags the players down to its crappy level.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
What are the main differences you notice when the Australian teams play each other compared to when the NZ teams play each other (in general)? For example, do you notice any general differences in vibe, feel, skill level, flow of game, attitude of players, etc?

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
What are the main differences you notice when the Australian teams play each other compared to when the NZ teams play each other (in general)? For example, do you notice any general differences in vibe, feel, skill level, flow of game, attitude of players, etc?

Our teams like to play a more direct, physical style against one another.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah they are way betterer at hand egg than our blokes. Difference in skill level and execution is off the charts. Physically we match up fine I reckon.

From what I've seen so far both sides of the comp have the vibe of a near abandoned subbies 5th grade match where the hungover players have been convinced to play by the promise of yet more beers with the lads afterwards.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah they are way betterer at hand egg than our blokes. Difference in skill level and execution is off the charts. Physically we match up fine I reckon.

From what I've seen so far both sides of the comp have the vibe of a near abandoned subbies 5th grade match where the hungover players have been convinced to play by the promise of yet more beers with the lads afterwards.

I think a lot of that comes down to the style of play. Watching the Crusaders/Hurricanes game to say tackling was optional at times alongside competing at the breakdown would be a pretty accurate assessment. The key for our teams come facing them is to up the intensity in the contact and not allow them to dictate play. We won't of course but that's what we need to do.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Asking some of the world's best players to go to work at empty local parks just makes me think who is any of this for?

There's no one at the rec centre ground to see it so the players are performing for the TV audience. But the TV audience see it and think who are these players performing for? Is it me? Because I'm watching something intended for someone where there is no one and thinking this is not for me. It's just a glorified training run. A simulation of that thing we've pre-established as a thing people want to see. But now I don't have interest in it because there's no one there showing any interest in it.

FFS I explained that well didn't I.

W.Oldboy please bail me out here.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Asking some of the world's best players to go to work at empty local parks just makes me think who is any of this for?

There's no one at the rec centre ground to see it so the players are performing for the TV audience. But the TV audience see it and think who are these players performing for? Is it me? Because I'm watching something intended for someone where there is no one and thinking this is not for me. It's just a glorified training run. A simulation of that thing we've pre-established as a thing people want to see. But now I don't have interest in it because there's no one there showing any interest in it.

FFS I explained that well didn't I.

W.Oldboy please bail me out here.
Go read Waiting for Godot you angsty teen

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Go read Waiting for Godot you angsty teen
giphy.gif