• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Think we are missing ACRs point:

"Its not the cards that are the problem, its the failure to apply the basic rules of rugby."

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Kings v Sharks:

Sharks now hold the final wildcard so IF as everyone seems to believe the Lions finish on top of the table it's an all-SA QF & the way the Stormers are going lately it's conceivable they'll end up fourth so potentially an all-SA SF as well.

EDIT: as of now QF matchups are:

1. Crusaders v 8. Sharks
2. Lions v 7. Highlanders
3. Stormers v 6. Hurricanes
4. Brumbies v 5. Chiefs

Pretty sure they got rid of the old "top-ranked QF winner v lowest-ranked" SF format & it's now the more normal QF1 winner v QF4 winner.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Moving on to some big boy stattage (well, more data vis, I guess), someone on Reddit has produced a 'scorogami' that visualises the results of every Super Rugby match ever played (n = 2014). Horizontal axis is the winning score and vertical the losing score.

5xf3bi394dxy.jpg

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
See each of those things multiple times in almost every match ACR - not necessarily just in games with a SA ref. Unfortunately.

Seems Shigginitis is alive and well on this thread. Going viral.

No fuck that, that's a cop out. The dude was objectively woeful. Dismal picked it, the game confirmed it.

Le Frog

Frank Row (1)
Gee the Kings are playing attractive rugby. Good on them!

Their four wins are one more than the three wins by the Reds, Brumbies, Wartatahs and Force.

If the Reds don't manage to squeeze past the Brumbies, I'd love the Force to make it. Tip my hat to Dave Wessels.

Kings v Sharks:

Sharks now hold the final wildcard so IF as everyone seems to believe the Lions finish on top of the table it's an all-SA QF & the way the Stormers are going lately it's conceivable they'll end up fourth so potentially an all-SA SF as well.

EDIT: as of now QF matchups are:

1. Crusaders v 8. Sharks
2. Lions v 7. Highlanders
3. Stormers v 6. Hurricanes
4. Brumbies v 5. Chiefs

Pretty sure they got rid of the old "top-ranked QF winner v lowest-ranked" SF format & it's now the more normal QF1 winner v QF4 winner.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What a total farce that the Kings are going to be dropped and the Bulls will continue. As a Bulls fan this is shameful stuff.

Everything about the Kings shows me how well coached they are. And they are fit those boys. Can play for 80.

The Bulls are the polar opposite. They have no idea what they are doing and they are fat and low. a fucking disgrace.

So impressed with the Kings.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What a total farce that the Kings are going to be dropped and the Bulls will continue. As a Bulls fan this is shameful stuff.

Everything about the Kings shows me how well coached they are. And they are fit those boys. Can play for 80.

The Bulls are the polar opposite. They have no idea what they are doing and they are fat and low. a fucking disgrace.

So impressed with the Kings.
Yep they can drop the Stormers for the Kings aswell. Most of that players were Stormers rejects.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Not surprised Loftus is empty these days. The Bulls are NOT enjoying their rugby. They play like they’ve just clocked into a shitty factory night-shift assembly line job in the middle of winter. Just kick it down the other end and see if the other team fucks it up who gives a shit we’re getting paid anyway.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Coach is completely out of his depth. I mean a coach that comes out an talks publicly about SA players not being fit? Fuck. Whose fault is that you twat.

Can;t imagine the players can take this guy serious for a minute but where's their pride?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I thought Naholo made a poor decision in that contest. But we've seen it from him before. If he can eliminate that stuff he would be a much better player.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well this weekend we'll hopefull see the second non Kiwi victory over a Kiwi team at Newlands.

Stormers had a week off , time to turn their season around against the Blues.

Stormers by 1

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Well this weekend we'll hopefull see the second non Kiwi victory over a Kiwi team at Newlands.

Stormers by 1

It will be interesting to see Stormers Assistant coach Paul Feeney up against his old team and who has the advantage of inside knowledge.

SBW needs to fire. Blues by 1.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
They're leading their "Mummy can I please have a playoff game" conference by 9 clear points!

Oops, I see they've just lost 4 straight.

Yet they still lead their conference by 9 clear points!

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Moving on to some big boy stattage (well, more data vis, I guess), someone on Reddit has produced a 'scorogami' that visualises the results of every Super Rugby match ever played (n = 2014). Horizontal axis is the winning score and vertical the losing score.

5xf3bi394dxy.jpg

Who was 75 - 43. What a high scoring game...

Edit: Wait 72 - 65 is even higher

Status
Not open for further replies.