• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great atmosphere at the game tonight. Packed house, announced as just over 21,000.

Tight match with neither side really playing to their true potential. In the end I think the Canes simply made too many errors. I wouldn't have thought that the amount of dew would/should concern professional footballers but I have no explanation for the number of errors (handling, poor passing) in possession made by the Canes. Pressure from the Crusaders? Certainly. Minor stage fright due to expectations? Mmmm, maybe.

I have to say that my takeaway from observing the warm-ups was that B Barrett warms up like a (track and field) sprinter before he goes through his Rugby drills.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Oof, dude literally kicks the ball back into a ruck and the dude lying on the ground grabs it and replaces it. This doesn't bode well in the referee stakes.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
God why am I watching this shit. The teams trade box kicks (landers) and dead in goal kicks (Bulls) in front of an empty Loftus.

Bulls just walk around. Then kick it dead. Don't want to know. "Just waiting for an error" as the comm said.

Kriel in the centres hasnt been passed the ball yet?

If Fekitoa is the starting centre vs the B&I Lions I'm going on a killing spree.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
God why am I watching this shit. The teams trade box kicks (landers) and dead in goal kicks (Bulls) in front of an empty Loftus.

Bulls just walk around. Then kick it dead. Don't want to know. "Just waiting for an error" as the comm said.

Kriel in the centres hasnt been passed the ball yet?

If Fekitoa is the starting centre vs the B&I Lions I'm going on a killing spree.

If you're not a Highlanders or Bulls fan, you might be excused for skipping this one. I can't help but think the Highlanders would run riot over these Bulls in dry conditions. They're still playing the same boring stuff, minus the world class forwards.

Fekitoa should not be near the starting lineup for the AB's.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
FFS, just don't knock the ball on, don't fuck up the kicks and we win. Simple.

Perhaps if the ref actually applied the rules of rugby, it might help as well.

HONESTLY! DOES THIS REF EVEN KNOW THE RULES!!!

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Disagree with the red to the bulls player @ACR?

If I ran world rugby, both yellows.

BTW: It's not the cards that that's the problem, it is the failure to apply the basic rules of rugby. Like CLEARLY tackling a player on the ground, playing the ball offside after knock on, playing the ball on the ground.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Ha, next minute Fekitoa wins the game.
Bulls v Highlanders
Referee: Jaco van Heerden
Landers so fucked here.

Jaco Von Himmler stitched up the Chiefs halfway to Botswana and back a few rounds back.

hate to say I called it. The Bulls lineouts, they just biffed it down their own side and dared the ref to call it. He didnt

The Bulls try? wft. Did he even ground it? Not with his fucken hands, thats for sure. Definitive replay up, oops, quickly cut away, no TMO, all good, in the book now, quick kick off again. Some things never change in the ol' Republic.

In the end, justice prevails. Not even ref Jaco Von Fuehrer could get his hometown heroes over the line in that one.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
I know it's not good form to constantly bag the refs, however there were some glaring lapses in judgement. Potentially a big factor in tight games like this. Sorry for spamming the board though.

As for the game, well whoever stopped making mistakes was going to be the victor. Highlanders didn't help themselves with dropped balls and some poor kicks in the second half. The Bulls didn't help themselves by being so one dimensional. As much as we bag Fekitoa, he just goes ahead and pulls some talented bullshit like he did. Still not putting him the AB 15, but glad to have him in the Highlanders side.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
CruSadists v Horrorcanes:

Edge of the seat stuff, that. I'm almost ready to start thinking about the possibility that we might sneak top spot in the Conference......... almost :)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bulls v Clan:

I'm not sure the Naholo RC deserved quite so many replays esp as Snyman's effort only got two. Or perhaps they were admiring the Bulls 12's pirouette?

Nice try from Fekitoa, probably the best thing he's done this year but like Dismal I don't want him anywhere near the B&IL series. Crotty & Lienert-Brown to start for mine & I suspect that if SBW can make it to the bus he'll find that they've reserved him a seat.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
If I ran world rugby, both yellows.

BTW: It's not the cards that that's the problem, it is the failure to apply the basic rules of rugby. Like CLEARLY tackling a player on the ground, playing the ball offside after knock on, playing the ball on the ground.

See each of those things multiple times in almost every match ACR - not necessarily just in games with a SA ref. Unfortunately.

Seems Shigginitis is alive and well on this thread. Going viral.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I have no problem with either of those reds. Both shoulder contact to the head - clear red under current laws. We don't need it. Both were avoidable. Players can make a hard tackle or cleanout without doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.