• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Latest TAB odds: CruSadists $1.77, Horrorcanes $1.97 suggesting the punters haven't a clue who's gunna win.

Latest weather in CheeChee: scattered showers clearing, high of 11C. Should be clear skies & ~7C by kickoff.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
The Lions in the wake of their victory over the Brumbies.

ObiJuan_HighGround.jpg

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Why doesn't it concern me too much about the Lions being top qualifier, we will just have to get a NZ team to go over there and beat them in the semis or whatever and then play the final in NZ!!!

GEEZ fellas FFS CHILL OUT!!!!!!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Almost inevitable, I'd say Dan. Think it will possibly be the Chiefs, and being the first NZ side the Lions will have faced, it will be a bit of a walk in the park for the Chiefs (or Crusaders or Hurricanes however it may turn out).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Amusing that when Shields flops on the wrong side and never looks vaguely like moving, the comms reckon the Crusaders kept him there to get the penalty. Funny, I'd have thought they might have liked quick ball 5m out on attack. They just couldn't bring themselves to state that it was, you know, cynical.;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What's going on? No try's yet. Plenty of nerves though. And the ball/ground actually do look greasy, not just the usual excuses as rolled out by the Aus Comms.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Amusing that when Shields flops on the wrong side and never looks vaguely like moving, the comms reckon the Crusaders kept him there to get the penalty. Funny, I'd have thought they might have liked quick ball 5m out on attack. They just couldn't bring themselves to state that it was, you know, cynical.;)
Jaco's not fucking around thankfully. If he keeps the penalties coming the game might open up.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Is Laumape in discussions for AB duties, or are there just too many good centres ahead of him. Because damn he's a powerhouse. A bit one dimensional but he'd waltz into any other test side.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
pretty average Rugby strangely, lots of loose ball around the rucks, misplaced cross field kicks, forced passes etc. Must be nervous.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
pretty average Rugby strangely, lots of loose ball around the rucks, misplaced cross field kicks, forced passes etc. Must be nervous.

Plus there's some dew about........

Actually this is pretty much what I expected, a real arm wrestle with the game likely being decided by a moment or two of genius or stupidity (or maybe a mixture of the two). Was never gunna be a try-fest, too much at stake & for all the tries they score these are also two of the best defensive sides in the comp.

CruSadists need to clean up their act handling error & turnovers conceded-wise, other than that the HT stats are pretty much 50/50.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Plus there's some dew about....

Actually this is pretty much what I expected, a real arm wrestle with the game likely being decided by a moment or two of genius or stupidity (or maybe a mixture of the two). Was never gunna be a try-fest, too much at stake & for all the tries they score these are also two of the best defensive sides in the comp.

CruSadists need to clean up their act handling error & turnovers conceded-wise, other than that the HT stats are pretty much 50/50.

Yeah, seems to me the best way for any aspiring team to beat one of these two teams is to be on the money defensively and grind a win out ala Saracens. They make mistakes when under proper pressure like anyone else but they'll never get beaten in a tryfest.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Pretty sad to see Cory Jane so lost at sea. Gets the hook for Goosen who promptly shits the bed.

JSavea fairly disinterested on D.

Ha, Canes only THREE penalty attempts all season, wft is that. F1 analogy for The Torpedo, “Guys we don’t have to brake for the corners, a Barrett will just kick us over the trees and straight back onto the track where another Barrett will be waiting to catch us.” Didn’t work tonight, Canes midfield starved of ball, scrum capitulation, lineout disarray, their combustible hi-octane supply line from Beauden cut off by the vicious and, at times, unnecessarily cruel Cantabs forward pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.