• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Obviously the travel back might affect things but I think the Crusaders might take this one based on the strength of their forwards.

The Canes pack hasn't really stamped their mark lately (which has been masked by their awesome backs). I thought they got dominated by the Stormers pack for a lot of the game on the weekend.

I think Canes are really missing Fatialofa up front, Coles too but Ricky R is pretty good in his own right. While the Crusaders will be missing Whitelock and Read they still have a lot of firepower up front.

If Canes can get close to parity up front then its all on but I get the sense the Crusaders forwards are a level above.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
One of my pet peeves in that stormers try. It was a legit try but I cannot understand how a maul is pushed more than a meter back and then allowed to be regrouped and push forward. No wonder the rolling maul is a focal point of some teams with the rules allowing that. Once a maul is knocked back it should be use it of lose it

Absolutely agree. Go even further, once a maul is stopped it should be use it or lose it on the first instance.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And the referees should err on the side of opening the play up, every time. If I were a referee I would blow the whistle on mauls at the slightest excuse.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^^^^^ I'd expect Dad Barrett to be supporting the 'canes but it'd be nice if Mum got in behind her not-so-little boy Scott....

Yep but as father I would be torn with wanting to support the son that plays in the forwards, and let Mum support the backs (who let's face it have got back's names Beauden and Jordie:confused:) so I suspect dad will be struggling as you say Canes are his team:D

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
W.Oldboy is doign well not to run up and down the forum using his balls for brakes and rubbing all our faces in this 10-and-0 axe-murder killing spree.

If the Blues were 10 & 0 I would have bought the whole forum by now and had an "Auckland Blues, 10 & 0" banner draped right across the f**king masthead.

".....................there's a surprising lack of fanfare surrounding the Crusaders' achievements thus far. Imagine, say, if the Blues were 10-0 and pumping everyone in sight. It would be media carnage in the big city as national outlets queued up to shout it from the rooftops."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...aders-flying-high-under-the-super-rugby-radar

It's called keeping ones feet on the ground (and powder dry :)).

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Somehow, I have found myself with tickets to the Crusaders v Hurricanes this coming Saturday - as a Tahs supporter I am not familiar with the style of game played, and level of skill displayed, by these two sides - I mean their matches are broadcast as Super Rugby but they bear little resemblance to the Tahs, perhaps it is a variant of Tahs Rugby? Is it worth attending? Have I wasted my hard-earned?

;)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
IMG_0737.JPG

I'm green with envy. Mind you, my track record attending CruSadists v Horrorcanes fixtures is, I think, 0 & 3 so it's probably best I don't/ can't go.........

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^^ Dunno about that ACT, I think we can meet that with the loss of Nonu, C Smith,D Coles, Milner Skudder and ahh umm lets see Piri Weepu, you back to favourites;)

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Somehow, I have found myself with tickets to the Crusaders v Hurricanes this coming Saturday - as a Tahs supporter I am not familiar with the style of game played, and level of skill displayed, by these two sides - I mean their matches are broadcast as Super Rugby but they bear little resemblance to the Tahs, perhaps it is a variant of Tahs Rugby? Is it worth attending? Have I wasted my hard-earned?

;)

Go on 2blues, just rip them up or give them to a homeless person, or geez I wish I was theer I would almost take them off your hands so you didn't have to waste your night!!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
geez I wish I was there I would almost take them off your hands so you didn't have to waste your night!!
Your selfless generosity knows no bounds...
As it happens I don't have anything else planned for Saturday night so I'll just mosey over to the ground and watch and learn. Keep a look out for two grey hoodies with 1879 on the front (hopeless Two blues tragics!)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ROUND 12

Blues v Cheetahs
17:35 Fri 12 May*

Crusaders v Hurricanes
17:35 Sat 13 May

Bulls v Highlanders
23:05 Sat 13 May

Kings v Sharks
01:15 Sun 14 May

*times are AEDT

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Nanai at fullback for Collins finally! Faiane at 12 is a good call too - a genuine 12 who plays to space.

The Blues team is:
1 Pauliasi Manu, 2 James Parsons (c), 3 Charlie Faumuina, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 5 Scott Scrafton, 6 Steven Luatua, 7 Blake Gibson, 8 Akira Ioane; 9 Augustine Pulu, 10 Piers Francis, 11 Rieko Ioane, 12 TJ Faiane, 13. George Moala, 14 Declan O’Donnell, 15 Melani Nanai.
Replacements: 16 Hame Faiva, 17 Alex Hodgman, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 20 Kara Pryor, 21 Sam Nock, 22 Ihaia West, 23 Michael Collins.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Match officials:

Blues v Cheetahs
Referee: Brendon Pickerill
AR1: Glen Jackson
AR2: Angus Mabey
TMO: Aaron Paterson

Crusaders v Hurricanes
Referee: Jaco Peyper
AR1: Mike Fraser
AR2: Cam Stone
TMO: Glenn Newman

Bulls v Highlanders
Referee: Jaco van Heerden
AR1: Egon Seconds
AR2: Cwengile Jadezweni
TMO: Johan Greeff

Kings v Sharks
Referee: Federico Anselmi
AR1: Quinton Immelman
AR2: AJ Jacobs
TMO: Christie du Preez

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nanai at fullback for Collins finally! Faiane at 12 is a good call too - a genuine 12 who plays to space.

The Blues team is:
1 Pauliasi Manu, 2 James Parsons (c), 3 Charlie Faumuina, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 5 Scott Scrafton, 6 Steven Luatua, 7 Blake Gibson, 8 Akira Ioane; 9 Augustine Pulu, 10 Piers Francis, 11 Rieko Ioane, 12 TJ Faiane, 13. George Moala, 14 Declan O’Donnell, 15 Melani Nanai.
Replacements: 16 Hame Faiva, 17 Alex Hodgman, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 20 Kara Pryor, 21 Sam Nock, 22 Ihaia West, 23 Michael Collins.

Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Francois Venter (c), 12 William Small-Smith, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Fred Zeilinga, 9 Tian Meyer, 8 Henco Venter, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Niell Jordaan, 5 Francois Uys, 4 Carl Wegner, 3 Tom Botha, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Charles Marais
Replacements: 16 Elandre Huggett, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Johan Coetzee, 19 Armandt Koster, 20 Uzair Cassiem, 21 Shaun Venter, 22 Niel Marais, 23 Clinton Swart

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Bulls v Highlanders
Referee: Jaco van Heerden
Landers so fucked here.

Jaco Von Himmler stitched up the Chiefs halfway to Botswana and back a few rounds back.
Pillooooockkkkk
I was more noticing how the Blues were depicted, quite accurately, as the hapless Ewoks looking on from afar as the big boys battle it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.