• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of my pet peeves in that stormers try. It was a legit try but I cannot understand how a maul is pushed more than a meter back and then allowed to be regrouped and push forward. No wonder the rolling maul is a focal point of some teams with the rules allowing that. Once a maul is knocked back it should be use it of lose it

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
One of my pet peeves in that stormers try. It was a legit try but I cannot understand how a maul is pushed more than a meter back and then allowed to be regrouped and push forward. No wonder the rolling maul is a focal point of some teams with the rules allowing that. Once a maul is knocked back it should be use it of lose it
they could just outlaw mauls because they are awful instead...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There's no such law.

Obviously a defender can hold the attacking player up to stop a try, but can the attacking strip the ball from a player while both are on the ground to score a try? In general play that's a penalty for playing the ball on the ground. It's a weird try, with some freakish Barrett-action, but is in-goal just a free for all?? Genuine question - I've never seen this before.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
I only switched over in time to see one replay before the kick, but, from what I saw, an argument for playing the ball on the ground would be a much stronger argument.

CBF trudging through the laws tonight for a definitive answer, though.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I only switched over in time to see one replay before the kick, but, from what I saw, an argument for playing the ball on the ground would be a much stronger argument.

CBF trudging through the laws tonight for a definitive answer, though.

Me either! I was hoping a ref on here might know the answer. Not that I want to see such play unrewarded, if you know what I mean. I just like the way the Barretts go about the game - always looking to maximise every attacking situation.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Me either! I was hoping a ref on here might know the answer. Not that I want to see such play unrewarded, if you know what I mean. I just like the way the Barretts go about the game - always looking to maximize every attacking situation.
Bit ridiculous though, cool for the Barrets and respect their opportunism, but for the game that's a pretty shit outcome.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Try count of 7-1 to Canes yet match result still in doubt with 5 mins to go? WFT. Were the Stormers accruing points from merely executing rolling mauls? Some sort of sympathy style points? I THINK THEY FUCKING WERE YOU KNOW. PATHETIC JACKO. LEARN THE LAWS

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kudos to the stormers but this game shows the massive difference in kiwi teams v the rest. One team playing to score try's the other just trying to stay in it. On another day it could be 50-0 and once every 20odd games you jag a win playing that style. Hurricanes were fairly rubbish from their standards

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Fuck me i just want to watch a single game, in any competition where the fucking Kiwi's lose a god damn game.

BW2k1QJ.png

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Fuck me i just want to watch a single game, in any competition where the fucking Kiwi's lose a god damn game.

Kiwis 12-30 Kangaroos :)

isn;t it tackled in goal, 5 metre scrum?

Pretty sure it's only a 5m scrum if the defender, having carried it back, forces it or loses it & it goes dead. Otherwise it's play on until one of those things happens.

Had that try been scored in the Loig test that followed they'd have needed to call in the cleaners to get all Gus Gould's man goo off the comm box window, odd that someone scores a miracle try & the first thing some people on here wanna do is cry foul.

Anyhoo, here's some highlights:

Dan54

David Wilson (68)

Geez Twoilms, you should of watched the Clan/Cheetahs game......well up to 79mins and 30secs anyway!!!
I can't believe they won that the Clan looked out on their feet with 20 mins to go, were down by 19, still needed 3 tries with 5 minutes to go but (look away Two;)) they snuck in right on 80 minutes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.