• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Obviously a defender can hold the attacking player up to stop a try, but can the attacking strip the ball from a player while both are on the ground to score a try? In general play that's a penalty for playing the ball on the ground. It's a weird try, with some freakish Barrett-action, but is in-goal just a free for all?? Genuine question - I've never seen this before.

I think in goal is almost a free for all Cyclo, certainly no offside or anything, and players certainly usually given a fair amount of time to force the ball for a try, I have to admit I wasn't sure if he got it down at first, but he sure did, and like you said have to love the way these buggers just want to stay in the competition and find ways to score.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Tackled in goal anyone? no? sometimes i swear kiwis can do what they want.

Edit: 20 minutes in, refs fucked this one sideways and an Australian team isn't even involved.

Why can't you tackle in goal Twoilms??? that is quite a different law you trying to find!!!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Didn't see the game but I imagine it's going to be a horrible loss to swallow for the Cheetahs.

Glad they were competitive, even though it was on their home patch.

Too many lopsided games in this competition.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Kiwis 12-30 Kangaroos :)

Pretty sure it's only a 5m scrum if the defender, having carried it back, forces it or loses it & it goes dead. Otherwise it's play on until one of those things happens.

Had that try been scored in the Loig test that followed they'd have needed to call in the cleaners to get all Gus Gould's man goo off the comm box window, odd that someone scores a miracle try & the first thing some people on here wanna do is cry foul.

Anyhoo, here's some highlights:
Yeah, well i genuinely thought (incorrectly) being tackled behind your own try line was a scrum restart.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Good god I am glad I watched until the end. I had the replay on x6 speed for the last 10mins, then dropped it to x2 and then oh shit what have we here.. normal speed.

Hard luck to the Cheetahs (though they had the bounce often throughout).

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How's the highlanders game. Why don't our Aus ref's do what the staffers do and just bin players for Nothing so we can compete with kiwi teams?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just tuned in at the 70min mark for the replay of the Cheetahs v Highlanders game and assumed the Cheetahs won.........

There's 5 mins to go and the score is 41 - 24 for fuck's sake!!!

:eek:

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
fahhk, wish I'd stayed up for that one. Haha, Kings and Cheetahs playing thrilling running rugby.

Let’s cut them!

Fuck that exciting rugby, we don’t need that shit! Let’s go with the Stormers and their turgid endless rolling mauls, the Bulls and their bullshit kicking and zero adventure policy and the equally dogshit Shawks.

The Kings and the Cheetahs are the only SA teams worth watching so fuck them, they can piss off.

--SARU.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez just finished watching the C'saders give the Bulls a touch up by 62-24, that was quite impressive, most Saders players went well, but f*** me Matt Todd I thought was huge, he just doesn't drop !!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ really, really looking forward to Horrorcanes v CruSadists next week, worthy of a Final if both play to even 90% of what they're capable of. Hopefully my lot can get points up & hang on once the flight back from SA starts taking its toll.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Sunwolves just got properly screwed at the back end of their match against the Jaguares by the ref who ignored the entire Jaguares pack being offside from a weird chip/bomb kick that led directly to the Jaguares match-winning try.

Regardless, they've done very well against a de facto test side at the end of a month long tour.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^^^^^ really, really looking forward to Horrorcanes v CruSadists next week, worthy of a Final if both play to even 90% of what they're capable of. Hopefully my lot can get points up & hang on once the flight back from SA starts taking its toll.

Much as I a Canes man WOB, not sure our pack good enough t hold the Saders!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice attempt to claim underdog status, mate, but we're the ones coming back from SA & the way the Barrett boys are going I'll be stunned if you're not warm favourites come kickoff.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Jags out of jail there, wow, they really shouldnt have been in that position, basically the Argie test side, playing at home. And against a ragtag bunch of Japanese guys and NPC/S15 journeymen who've just flown halfway around the world after 3 consecutive weekends of having their shit fucked up in NZ. JMHernandez should retire after that performance. 34 and crap.

I thought the Bulls actually looked ok apart from their wheezing staggered D. But wow, the Cantabs were in murderous form, dial C for Murder.

W.Oldboy is doign well not to run up and down the forum using his balls for brakes and rubbing all our faces in this 10-and-0 axe-murder killing spree.

If the Blues were 10 & 0 I would have bought the whole forum by now and had an "Auckland Blues, 10 & 0" banner draped right across the f**king masthead.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I also think that this game shall carry the official title of either
The Barrett Battle, or The Battle of The Barretts, as it will surely lead to bragging rights at next family dinner!!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^ I'd expect Dad Barrett to be supporting the 'canes but it'd be nice if Mum got in behind her not-so-little boy Scott............

Status
Not open for further replies.