• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks 2010 End Of Year Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Words elude me.

Why oh why keep kicking the thing away? South Africa tried again to play a kicking game with pressure but the kicking from Steyn, Steyn, Hougaard, Kirchner and Pienaar was terrible.

England will feel they could fuck us over by 30 and rightly so.

Thank god for fast forward. I managed to compress 80 minutes of pain into about 40.

But I am sure PDV will find a silver lining!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Incoming ribbings about the Wobs performance vs Scotland in 2009 will now only be accepted from the land of The Darkness!

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Well there will be considerably less ribbing from our Western brethren for our loss to England now, you'd think.

Commiserations Blue, PB et al - what do they have to change to get back up in the next twelve months? Besides the coach ;)

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Someone PM me once we stop kicking from the base of the scrum and PDV is gone other than that I don't think I will bother with this crap any-more. When Pienaar kicked that free-kick as a gentle up and under with 10 to go I just lost it. Hopeless.

What made it worse is that it was delayed on sky till late this morning and had to watch it as live otherwise I would have been able to watch it at 12X speed. A most painful experience!!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well there will be considerably less ribbing from our Western brethren for our loss to England now, you'd think.

Commiserations Blue, PB et al - what do they have to change to get back up in the next twelve months? Besides the coach ;)

3959710.jpg

Absolutely no changes necessary in Safferland. They are right on track. Any knee jerk reactions would surely destabilise their preparations so close to the RWC.

t17oct08xzapiro.gif

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

We have the players (provided they are fit).

I don't buy for a second that the same players who in the Super 14 excercised good judgment, varied their game plans and adapted to the new interpretations are suddenyl not good enough any more.

Our guys are not backing themselves. They are playing like robots. Matfield has to shoulder a big part of the blame for not instructing the players on the field to keep the ball close. They kep kiccking shitty little misdirected kicks.

But most of all this coaching staff is to blame.

I would rather lose to the Scots trying to play rugby than this fucking stupid game plan executed badly.

Losing to Scotland as far as I am concerned is a national disgrace. They suck. Any way you cut it. Sorry. Well played an all that.

Just play some fucking rugby. That's all I ask.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think they would argue, with some vigour, that they did.

Also, I think their style or rugby won the last world cup.

We aren't even playing the style that usually works anywhere near properly and it's alread a questionable forumula...

That's what pisses me off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
What's the word on the street back in Safferland?

Their patience with PdV and his administration team must be wafer thin by now.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What's the word on the street back in Safferland?

Their patience with PdV and his administration team must be wafer thin by now.

It wore out a long time ago. He was given some slack bu SARU. Word is that if he loses tow of the EOYT games he is gone.

I don't believe it. It will be a miracle if he is fired.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Big congratulations to Scotland. They fronted up and very much deserved that win. They were not pretty but they were bloody well commited. Well done Scotland.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kankowski is a really poor selection, especially for the game plan the Boks brought. Alberts would've done much better (and did). Is FLouw out of favour because of his TN? He's one of your best 6s

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Kankowski is a really poor selection, especially for the game plan the Boks brought. Alberts would've done much better (and did). Is FLouw out of favour because of his TN? He's one of your best 6s

Yeah I hope this is the end of Kankowski. How may chances shoulf a guy get? He has underperformed in 18 test now. Enough. Alberts is the answer.

The F Louw thing is baffling, although he had a poor 3N (especially in New Zealand). He did not play all tha well in the Currie Cup. I can underatand that the selectors wanted to see what Stegmann could bring, which has been disappointingly little. It's a holding job anyway - Burger and Brussow will be back next year. Still think F Louw has great potential. He is young and will bounce back.

Against England we should start Spies / Smit / Alberts. They are the three best guys for the job in the squad. Juan can play to the ball a bit more but against the Poms we can play that combo.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Big congratulations to Scotland. They fronted up and very much deserved that win. They were not pretty but they were bloody well commited. Well done Scotland.

"Commitment" being the operative. Our guys looked like they just wanted to get out of the rain.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It was a strangely flat performance Blue. Scotland tore into it all day, but the Boks just didn't seem to be able to get their game going. Far too much kicking I thought, especially when you consider the amount of attacking fire power they have.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It was a strangely flat performance Blue. Scotland tore into it all day, but the Boks just didn't seem to be able to get their game going. Far too much kicking I thought, especially when you consider the amount of attacking fire power they have.

Yeah its perplexing but now it's caught up with the coaches though. Their low risk, win at all cost approach has spectacularly backfired. The forwards need to be super fired up to play the game we're best at and they were totally flat.

What stand out most of all to me is the terrible decision making which has spread through the team. It's as if players are too scared to try anything, making them tentative and error prone.

I look at these guys and they seem unsettled all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.