• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks 2010 End Of Year Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I can see England winning this one. Forget the flash stuff, SA just need to pick the most physical pack they can. I don't see the SA backline creating much but if England get good go forward Ball, I think they will carve it up out wide. I can't believe I am saying that but after what they did to the Wallabies I believe it. I don't mean thuggery but Bakkies needs to find some aggression. He has been a pussy on this tour and it is like he is gun shy.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I can see England winning this one. Forget the flash stuff, SA just need to pick the most physical pack they can. I don't see the SA backline creating much but if England get good go forward Ball, I think they will carve it up out wide. I can't believe I am saying that but after what they did to the Wallabies I believe it. I don't mean thuggery but Bakkies needs to find some aggression. He has been a pussy on this tour and it is like he is gun shy.

I would actually start Flip vd Merwe before Bakkies. I think we miss Danie Rossouw, the only real alternative to Bakkies.

Start Alberts at 6.

About not creating out wide I don't think we can judge at all. The boks have not passed the ball to a wing all tour and no fullback has come into the line.

These are all players who have skills but we kick like shit instead.

We never play an expansive game but rather one of attrition and then go wide. Create speace through the middle. Our players have lost their judgement. Morne Steyn ran a backline that scored good tries behind a strong pack. He has had it coached out of him. JdV never tries to pass or look for an offload. Hougaard never snipes. No moves bringing the blind side winger into the backline, no offloads from the big ball carriers. That's because of the game plan and the coache's fault.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh, dear.
Blue, PB, rusty - I feel the pain too. Losing to Scotland.
First test in ages I missed due a wedding in Osfontein. Anyway if I look through my Brute broers posts still cant believe they keep on going with this useless kicking game. We need to get Lampie in 10 and banned the NH players, need Willem and Daniels in the run on team.

All will be forgiving if we can beat the Poms

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I don't mean thuggery but Bakkies needs to find some aggression. He has been a pussy on this tour and it is like he is gun shy.
:eek: Vokket never would have thought I'll ever read this on the Aussie forum. Nah let Bakkies rather be a pussy then a a thug.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
South Africa v England

Twickenham, London, November 27 2010

Name Province Age Caps
15 Zane Kirchner Vodacom Blue Bulls 26 13
14 Gio Aplon Vodacom Western Province 28 12
13 Frans Steyn Racing Metro 23 41
12 Jean de Villiers Vodacom Western Province 29 66
11 Lwazi Mvovo The Sharks 24 1
10 Morne Steyn Vodacom Blue Bulls 26 24
9 Ruan Pienaar Ulster, N Ireland 26 46
8 Pierre Spies Vodacom Blue Bulls 25 39
7 Juan Smith Vodacom Cheetahs 29 68
6 Deon Stegmann Vodacom Blue Bulls 24 3
5 Victor Matfield (captain) Vodacom Blue Bulls 33 104
4 Bakkies Botha Vodacom Blue Bulls 31 71
3 Jannie du Plessis The Sharks 28 23
2 Bismarck du Plessis The Sharks 26 35
1 Tendai Mtawarira The Sharks 25 25
REPLACEMENTS
16 Adriaan Strauss Vodacom Cheetahs 24 8
17 CJ van der Linde Vodacom Cheetahs 30 68
18 Flip van der Merwe Vodacom Blue Bulls 25 9
19 Willem Alberts The Sharks 26 3
20 Francois Hougaard Vodacom Blue Bulls 22 7
21 Patrick Lambie The Sharks 20 3
22 Adi Jacobs The Sharks 30 31

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Hmmm. Whatever. I'm feeling stranglely calm about the circus. It's a feeling alien to me. One man only has that much swearing in him. We all hit the wall at some stage and I have hit mine.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yeah they have a chance especially if they are instructed not to kick so much ball away which they have done too often in 2010. I was flabbergasted when Pienaar (was it?) kicked the ball back to the Scots when the Boks got a free kick with about 4 minutes to go. The Scots said thanks very much, kept the ball and won the game. It wasn't the only occasion in the match when too much kicking was done, even taking into account the conditions.

They'll have to improve their lineout too which is an odd comment to make about the Boks. It was ironic that a too long throw was grabbed by the wrong bloke when everybody was watching Matfield in the air, and he scored.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's about the best team the Boks can put out on the paddock right now and I think they'll beat England on the weekend. That is, if they play to their strengths and get some momentum up the middle of the paddock. Much, much less kicking required.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That's about the best team the Boks can put out on the paddock right now and I think they'll beat England on the weekend. That is, if they play to their strengths and get some momentum up the middle of the paddock. Much, much less kicking required.

There is the problem. Rumours are that there are two disctint points of view of how the Boks should play and that it was a particular issue last week. No surprise that we produce drivel on the park.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It looks a bit of a Party Mix team with the selectors appearing to be selecting individual players, rather than selecting player combinations which work well together.

In selecting such a "team of champions", they are very vulnerable to a concentrated and focused attack from the Soap Dodgers who strangely (for them) seem to have some combinations which appear to be working effectively (particularly when time and space are gifted to them).

Not kicking all their hard earned pill away would be a good thing for the Bokke to focus on.

This is a bit like the Manly vs Melbourne Mungoball Grand Final a few years back. Not sure who I want to win, and tribally speaking I would love to see both teams lose. 0-0 draw would be a good outcome. :)

I think the Bokke may just sneak home by 3 points, after the Soap Dodgers revert to form and get dragged into a good old fashioned penalty kickathon. 2 tries to Bokke, 1 try to Pom. M Steyn the hero with the boot for the Bokke.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It looks a bit of a Party Mix team with the selectors appearing to be selecting individual players, rather than selecting player combinations which work well together.

In selecting such a "team of champions", they are very vulnerable to a concentrated and focused attack from the Soap Dodgers who strangely (for them) seem to have some combinations which appear to be working effectively (particularly when time and space are gifted to them).

Not kicking all their hard earned pill away would be a good thing for the Bokke to focus on.

This is a bit like the Manly vs Melbourne Mungoball Grand Final a few years back. Not sure who I want to win, and tribally speaking I would love to see both teams lose. 0-0 draw would be a good outcome. :)

I think the Bokke may just sneak home by 3 points, after the Soap Dodgers revert to form and get dragged into a good old fashioned penalty kickathon. 2 tries to Bokke, 1 try to Pom. M Steyn the hero with the boot for the Bokke.

Someone buy this man a beer.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
:eek: Vokket never would have thought I'll ever read this on the Aussie forum. Nah let Bakkies rather be a pussy then a a thug.

Personally I'd love to see the Bokke put 50 on the Poms. I've had enough of them thinking they're top shit (not that a drubbing would really change that but it would at least make me feel better) and I want to see them go down big styles. Not sure if the boys can muster it but if it's tight I think I'd still pick the Boks by a few thanks to Morne, and a few Bakkies specials to any man of his choice.

Not sure if a big win would be the best thing for SA rugby tho as I'm assuming it would put of calls for PDV's head for a bit longer? Would a loss and some proper change be a better outcome with a view to next year?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This tour have me thinking a lot. One thing I know for sure is that the Bok preffered WC team is nearly a done deal just like the gameplan we want to play for the next year.

I wont be surprise to see a team one year from now looking like:
Steyn, Habana, Jac Fourie, JdV, JP Pietersen, M Steyn, FdP, Spies, Juan, Brussouw/Schalk, Bakkies, Matfield, Jannie Doep, Smit, Guthro

The coach and selectors will just nick here and there but thats what we'll get. This tour should have been about experiments but it obvious did not happen and no futher experiments will happen.

We'll just have to make peace with this and Blou you can bookmark this team for future referense.

Saturday its the Engels manne. They usually bring the best out of any Boer player and date back to the Anglo Boere War. You just have to call Khaki and they'll be motivated. Nothing less then a win will be good enough for me, hate losing to the Poms.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
With the prospect of the poms actually being competitive in the Ashes for once, I'd also like to see the Saffers rip into the poms at Twickers with as much gusto as a horny 18 year old boy tears open a condom packet at schoolies week on the Gold Coast.

Twickers should be littered with broken poms in the same manner as Drink stations up Heartbreak hill are littered with empty plastic cups during the City to Surf fun run.

C'mon Bokke.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
With the prospect of the poms actually being competitive in the Ashes for once, I'd also like to see the Saffers rip into the poms at Twickers with as much gusto as a horny 18 year old boy tears open a condom packet at schoolies week on the Gold Coast.

Twickers should be littered with broken poms in the same manner as Drink stations up Heartbreak hill are littered with empty plastic cups during the City to Surf fun run.

C'mon Bokke.
Ja good luck with the ashes, hope you lot knock FigJams helmet in.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You can, on 20 December at James Squire Brewhouse. :thumb

You know what? I just read his post again. I would have offered to buy but he makes reference to bashyourgirlfriendandfuckyourmatesdogball in the post so that kind of cancels out the post, wouldn't you say?

But I'll buy you one anyway Mr Hugh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.