• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Heaslip impressed me in the final 20, I'm pretty sure he went well over the advantage line on all 5 of his final carries and was omnipresent in defense, Henderson was all over the place when he came on too. Cronin actually running onto the ball late in the game was refreshing. We tried to do the phase play grinding that England was doing to us, except we were losing half or more of our collisions at that point. Too many forwards one-out catching the ball flat footed and not nearly enough coming from around the corner. Other than that, total breakdown in regards to decision making, body height and basic ball handling from lots of the players. Seemed that pressure really got to the boys in the final 20, where we played literally 100% of the rugby.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Keep repeating to myself It's what's best for Wales. It's what's best for Wales.

You haven't gone over to the dark side. It's what's best for Wales!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heaslip impressed me in the final 20, I'm pretty sure he went well over the advantage line on all 5 of his final carries and was omnipresent in defense, Henderson was all over the place when he came on too. Cronin actually running onto the ball late in the game was refreshing. We tried to do the phase play grinding that England was doing to us, except we were losing half or more of our collisions at that point. Too many forwards one-out catching the ball flat footed and not nearly enough coming from around the corner. Other than that, total breakdown in regards to decision making, body height and basic ball handling from lots of the players. Seemed that pressure really got to the boys in the final 20, where we played literally 100% of the rugby.
You sure you haven't just woken up after fortnights kip? You are describing Ireland, not wales in Dublin. Doesn't seem possibly that the pack fell to bits. Gotta find a highlights package

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cheer up. Keet is right. We were so gash in Dublin that even if we win in mordor, chances are that pd will make it Ireland's year

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Hey plastic, How did your centres go? Has Ireland finally realised that bod is v v ordinary these days?
I have known that for two years now CB. I hate to see a fella go on too long. Darcy was brave and retained the ball well but he is not a flanker he is a centre. Average Dave and McFadden ahead of Zebo always was ludicrous and now looks plain fucking stupid. Cost Ireland the game.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Cheer up. Keet is right. We were so gash in Dublin that even if we win in mordor, chances are that pd will make it Ireland's year
Schmidt will have to admit he got it wrong. I am not sure he will. An Ireland win in Paris will win the championship but, given we haven't managed it since 2000 I won't be holding my breath.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Schmidt will have to admit he got it wrong. I am not sure he will. An Ireland win in Paris will win the championship but, given we haven't managed it since 2000 I won't be holding my breath.
True but for much of the that period France were picking a side using quality criteria, not drawing random names out of a hat.

Your first time with the gnome is always the worst. After a while you learn to live with him. Hate the way he buggers off sniggering in the aftermath

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If I were Schmidt I'd be paying the docs to declare bod unfit. That way you'll avoid the scandal that comes from dropping him.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
image.jpg

I want to relive this when we go to mordor. 1999. Seems like only yesterday

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, it seems lord bald et al were in hyperbolic overdrive

"Lawes and Launchbury are the best 2nd row pairing in the world"
Does he just come out with this stuff on the red button when he thinks nobody is watching?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
"I think the England versus Wales game is absolutely huge but I just can't see this England team losing now. It is huge but England will go into that game as firm favourites now."
The reason I love to hate them.

Guess we needn't bother turning up In a fortnight

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
"I think the England versus Wales game is absolutely huge but I just can't see this England team losing now. It is huge but England will go into that game as firm favourites now."
The reason I love to hate them.

Guess we needn't bother turning up In a fortnight

You and how many million others?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sam Warburton sure showed that he's a deserving Welsh captain when on song lasty.

Except that he either doesn't know the words to Land of our Fathers, or chooses not to sing it. Both options distinctly un-welsh;).

Status
Not open for further replies.