• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Happy st David's day
The loss to the Zebras can't have made for too happy a David's day!!??!! The Scarlets V Munster and the Leinster V Glasgow games were both crackers over the weekend. Shame about the Munster result but it will make the win in LR on the 29th all the more satisfying if it takes us top of the league. Have to say that Scarlets are a lot better than their league position IMHO. Glasgow are an awkward bunch as well, our much maligned league is nowhere near as bad as the Nigels and RRW would have everyone believe.

Onto this weekend, hoping for a narrow Welsh win in Twickers although the best result would be the draw, which really would be a kissing your sister result for Wales and the Orcs. Main thing is neither side wins by much. Hoping the sweaties can do us a favour by beating France.

Should be three good games of attacking rugby as everyone chases tries.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
The loss to the Zebras can't have made for too happy a David's day!!??!! The Scarlets V Munster and the Leinster V Glasgow games were both crackers over the weekend. Shame about the Munster result but it will make the win in LR on the 29th all the more satisfying if it takes us top of the league. Have to say that Scarlets are a lot better than their league position IMHO.

Having seen Samson Lee give another very good tighthead display against Munster it really doesn't make sense that Gatland continues to ignore his talents.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Having seen Samson Lee give another very good tighthead display against Munster it really doesn't make sense that Gatland continues to ignore his talents.

He is one of the few tight heads not to have been minced by Killer and Cronin this season. He wasn't getting the upper hand but he was able to handle the pressure and, as we have seen with young Stephen Archer this season, that is the beginning of turning the corner. I would have him on the Welsh bench in a shot especially against the powderpuff England front row( without Corbesiero and Cole). I have never seen an England side have four scrums taken off them as Ireland did, hope the Welsh can take advantage of it unlike our painfully slow back line. EDIT but only by the odd point or two!!??!!:)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The usual clowns are advocating Reddan starting ahead of Murray against Italy. Completely f'cking ludicrous but if Schmidt does it I will not be surprised. He might as well rotate Paulie out of the side as well and not even bother with the pretence.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The usual clowns are advocating Reddan starting ahead of Murray against Italy. Completely f'cking ludicrous but if Schmidt does it I will not be surprised. He might as well rotate Paulie out of the side as well and not even bother with the pretence.

Italians may be without Parisse and Zanni which really takes a lot out of their game and definitely knocks them down a peg or two as a unit. I wouldn't mind seeing a few forwards rotated to the bench or rested if this is the case.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd like to see some rotation from Ireland in this one, if Sexton and POM are still feeling their niggles I'd have them benched. Ideally I'd like to see Moore, Ryan, Ruddock and Jackson come in and Zebo can come into the bench.

I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories about Zebos omission, his performance in the USA tour this summer was enough for Schmidt (who was on tour) to need convincing about his workrate and desire as his talent isn't really in question. His selection is a moot point as in an ideal world Earls and Fitzgerald are ahead of him for the left wing berth IMO.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd like to see those guys starting too JSRF10. I'd also like to see Zebo start rather than on the bench. If Jackson starts I think Murray has to start at 9 so it's not a complete change at half back. I'd like to see the midfield freshened up but I don't see it happening.

I think change is what we need for this one as a hungrier team will put more points on Italy than going with almost the exact same squad as the last few games. If we don't put a lot of points on Italy our points advantage could be gone by the time we kick off against France.

I'd like also like to see the likes of McGrath, Henderson & Murphy get some decent game time if they're on the bench. There's only 1 more 6Ns to go before the RWC and we need these guys to feel like they've been there and done that by the time next years 6Ns rolls around.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd like to see the midfield freshened up but I don't see it happening.

Its a pity Luke Marshall and Stuart Olding both are injured, this was a game I'd have liked to have seen one or both get a run out. Hanarahan is another option but in reality needs to get some more Heineken Cup gametime under his belt, but he isn't far away.

I'd like also like to see the likes of McGrath, Henderson & Murphy get some decent game time if they're on the bench.

Murphy needs some gametime at 8, we need to develop a credible back up to Heaslip ASAP. Murphys ball carrying has marked him out to me, as has Robin Copelands who is heading to Munster next season. Its one of the few areas in the team where we have virtually zero depth.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Its a pity Luke Marshall and Stuart Olding both are injured, this was a game I'd have liked to have seen one or both get a run out. Hanarahan is another option but in reality needs to get some more Heineken Cup gametime under his belt, but he isn't far away.

Murphy needs some gametime at 8, we need to develop a credible back up to Heaslip ASAP. Murphys ball carrying has marked him out to me, as has Robin Copelands who is heading to Munster next season. Its one of the few areas in the team where we have virtually zero depth.

Copeland is very explosive at 8 and has done well in a poor Cardiff side. The only thing for me that would go against him is decision making - he has the habit of breaking the gainline then taking wrong options. Either not passing, passing late or early. Good prospect though.
One player who always seems to impress me against the Welsh sides in the Pro12 is Rhys Ruddock - bit of a throwback old-school backrow who never seems to take a backward step. Still a bit of me gutted he chose green over red but good luck to him. What happened to his brother Ciaran (sp?)
Whatever side Ireland select I can see a 40point victory, Italy are missing a few important players and must be disappointed after that injury time loss to Scotland.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
What is wrong with Parisse? Italy without him are not half the side. Ideally he will miss Dublin and be back for the Orcs although after England and Wales draw on Sunday it will all be immaterial anyway!?!?:)

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
What is wrong with Parisse? Italy without him are not half the side. Ideally he will miss Dublin and be back for the Orcs although after England and Wales draw on Sunday it will all be immaterial anyway!?!?:)

Unless you lose in Paris of course. ;)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Unless you lose in Paris of course. ;)

Lose in Paris with St Joe in charge of the super blues? Wash your mouth out Wales fan. And with France missing their best forward and their best back? It will be a disastrous campaign if Ireland don't win in Paris.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
One player who always seems to impress me against the Welsh sides in the Pro12 is Rhys Ruddock - bit of a throwback old-school backrow who never seems to take a backward step. Still a bit of me gutted he chose green over red but good luck to him. What happened to his brother Ciaran (sp?)
Whatever side Ireland select I can see a 40point victory, Italy are missing a few important players and must be disappointed after that injury time loss to Scotland.

I'm a huge Rhys Ruddock fan, his fathers treatment by the WRU was the reason he was, ahem, "directed" into Irelands system. He will be battling it out with POM and (fingers crossed) Stevie Ferris for the 6 jersey next season.

His brother just wasn't big enough, not sure where he is playing now.

Any word on Parisse?

Haven't seen or heard anything except on here, baseless twitter rumour maybe?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great to see foxy back in side and north back on wing. I'd pick their half backs over ours and launchbury over charteris but not much else.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lose in Paris with St Joe in charge of the super blues? Wash your mouth out Wales fan. And with France missing their best forward and their best back? It will be a disastrous campaign if Ireland don't win in Paris.
Got the hang of this post until you mentioned France's best back. The you lost me. Can't think of one French back who has stood out amongst the mire

Status
Not open for further replies.