• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Fairly simple now, Ireland beat England today and the points difference is such that the championship is all but won. Not usually the most comfortable place for an Irish team but in St Joe we trust.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not at all. It wasn't turgid but any stretch of the imagination, very entertaining game. Wasn't really a bosh fest, Wales' forwards played some decent stuff. Priestland was still terrible though. Also not sure if we can count Norths try as a moment of magic the two French blokes slipping into each other seemed accidental.

I'm more than happy for France to keep PSA till the World Cup, winner of our clash avoid BNZ in the quarters.
Easy to say when you've got best outside half bar nz and Conor Murray inside him. Priestland was good defensively and given Webbs propensity for darting off unsupported was clearly on a leash. Webb can get better. Priestland is workman like. Even Conor Murray wasn't Conor Murray until the lions tour

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Fairly simple now, Ireland beat England today and the points difference is such that the championship is all but won. Not usually the most comfortable place for an Irish team but in St Joe we trust.

I'm feeling very torn today, I've never wanted England to win at anything but part of me wants them to win today - I feel so unclean.
Once the game kicks in and I hear John Invertwat before hand I'm sure I'll be hoping for an Irish win even though it doesn't help our title attempt.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Feel the same. I too am counting on a dose of invertwat, lord bald and gusset to snap me out of it. Ian monkey felcher Robertson, a bit of Stuart Barnes and brian Moore and I'll be right again. Actually dreamed that keet wood hit one of them

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Predicting the score or winner almost impossible. How are the Irish going to try and play this one. The welsh game plan surely isn't going to work. Orcs set piece surely will be prepared for that.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Predicting the score or winner almost impossible. How are the Irish going to try and play this one. The welsh game plan surely isn't going to work. Orcs set piece surely will be prepared for that.
Don't think Cole's loss can be underestimated, he is a quality breakdown operator. But the gnome as you call it is with Ireland. The PD is so massive in Ireland's favour that a win in this game means the title is won. Also worth remembering that England haven't won three six nations games in a row against Ireland, ever and haven't done the hatrick since the 90s.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm certain that Ireland have better players in key positions. I just don't know if they have the backs to reach the gain line or whether the driving maul will be as effective. Then it will come down to whether sexton can give another master class. For the orcs, it'll depend whether they have a shred of creativity or just rely on their own fat bastard centre and whether Farrell is on form with his boot. So a lot will depend on whos the ref. if it's our nige then the interpretation of laws will be loose. Might suit Ireland. If it's Joubert you have no hope

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
It is Joubert and 82% of the six nations games he has reffed have been won by the home team, BUT I think we have a big advantage at the breakdown and he reffed us against Scotland.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Shitting myself now, indicates that this is a game Ireland should win. They are always the worst. Reminds me of the pool game against Italy in the last RWC, hope the result is the same. Expectation is a terrible thing, give me a walkover or no hope anytime. Gwan Ireland!!!!!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It is Joubert and 82% of the six nations games he has reffed have been won by the home team, BUT I think we have a big advantage at the breakdown and he reffed us against Scotland.
Just spotted this elsewhere. Look, it might be ok. He might try and let the game flow, not try and put himself centre stage or do anything unspeakably stupid to make a point. But then again....

Ireland need to hope he takes a view of the breakdown laws that is similar to theirs.

There will be a lot of penalty opportunities

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just got up to find out score. Couldn't watch game and live with myself afterwards. the thought I was supporting orcs too much! caught the insufferable self congratulatory shit from invertwat bald and gusset. Keet wood v quick to say its still Ireland in still seat of power this year. Must be true then. Even if it's not, I like the way he jumped in and said it to shut lord bald and gusset up

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good result for us. No one in the orcland cheer squad is going to give us a chance. Perfect position for wales to be in going in to game against England in mordor. And it's an antidote to all the orc supporting going on round wales today.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
England will now go on from this and become a special team. They are already a special team.' - lord bald

They became men today - gusset

The arrogance is back. We need to snuff it out quick.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
No Zebo in the side brutally exposed as McFadden is caught by a hooker and Kearney by a lock. Honeymoon is well an truly over for Schmidt.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Farrell and Brown are now 'genuine world stars' of the game. It's fucking nauseating. Brown is but wouldn't get in welsh side and Farrell definitely isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.