• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Despite all the comments on this page warbs is having a blinder

If this was against Aus/NZ/SA you'd have a point but a good performance against an disinterested at best French team won't change my opinion on him.

The biggest turnaround for Wales has been their tight 5 they've actually shown up this week and they have a set piece. Hats off to the coaching staff its been some turnaround at scrum and line out time, the defence has been manic and disciplined. France are so passive in defence as well which is allowing Wales big runners over the gainline. Fair due to Wales its a textbook Warren Gatland performance, its very effective when it works. Once Davies comes back in they'll be even better, not a fan of North at 13 yet.

Still a lot of long term questions for Wales, if you stop Roberts and North do they have a plan B? Still look like they are a 9 & 10 away from being a top side although dropping Phillips is a start. However in the terms of this championship they have wiped out the Dublin mauling and are right back in the hunt.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
However in the terms of this championship they have wiped out the Dublin mauling and are right back in the hunt.

It's a one-point points-for difference. Ireland will have to get pretty leaky to match Wales' points-against.

Attachments

• BhB5LPUIIAEqKWe.jpg
    BhB5LPUIIAEqKWe.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 201

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Front five hugely impressive for Wales, what a difference it makes to have grunt in the 2nd row to assist the front row. Jake Ball was very good at just doing the basics & Charteris played very well. It's almost sacrilege to say it but Alun-wyn Jones being replaced by Ball improved the tight work from 2nd row.
Lydiate was more like his old self with his chop tackling.
Not a fan of Webb at 9, but his service was far, far quicker than Phillips' and that helped in getting onto the front foot.
North isn't a centre and was pretty poor defensively, hope Davies gets fit sometime soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I thought Wales played well, yes France were absolutely shocking, but you've still got to complete the job.

Warburton had an excellent game, maybe it wasn't against Aus/SA/NZ, but he wasn't playing against those in the 1st two rounds either. Interested to see how he goes for the rest of the championship and if he can remain injury free between now and the RWC.

Thought Webb made a big difference at 9 as he was just focused on moving the ball quickly. Will he keep his starting spot for the next one? I didn't see anything from Philips when he came on to justify swapping them round.

North wasn't great playing centre, but he's a young guy and he did a job. Williams didn't see much ball out on the wings.

There's no real point commenting on the French players individually as collectively they were disorganised and disinterested and that comes down from the coaching team.

I know the Welsh fans don't like him but I thought Rolland had a pretty good game. In my opinion he's been one of the best refs at test level over the years and it's sad to see him go.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I thought Wales played well, yes France were absolutely shocking, but you've still got to complete the job.

Warburton had an excellent game, maybe it wasn't against Aus/SA/NZ, but he wasn't playing against those in the 1st two rounds either. Interested to see how he goes for the rest of the championship and if he can remain injury free between now and the RWC.

Thought Webb made a big difference at 9 as he was just focused on moving the ball quickly. Will he keep his starting spot for the next one? I didn't see anything from Philips when he came on to justify swapping them round.

North wasn't great playing centre, but he's a young guy and he did a job. Williams didn't see much ball out on the wings.

There's no real point commenting on the French players individually as collectively they were disorganised and disinterested and that comes down from the coaching team.

I know the Welsh fans don't like him but I thought Rolland had a pretty good game. In my opinion he's been one of the best refs at test level over the years and it's sad to see him go.
Was about to press like until I read the last bit about rolland

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Enjoyed renewed vigour of forwards. Melon certainly back to his best.

Issues as I see it

Webb did what was needed. Distribution fine but he ain't no Conor Murray yet.

Need foxy back in centres, tho they did close down France midfield well.

Line out still a worry. It's true that charteris and ball provided grunt and go forward, but meant long and short throw only options

But the biggest worries are still breakdown. Wales tackle better than any but in a way that takes tackler out of game. No one available to go over the ball and get a turnover or slow possession. Cruelly exposed by Ireland and we are susceptible to someone doing it to us cos we commit so few to rucks bar the tackler

But I am sure cement is aware of this. Over to you mr gatland

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
French performance

Best player was mas, who disrupted scrums enough to make it a penalty lottery.

Hooker was good in patches

Nyanga was invisible thanks to Sam and l idiot.

Picamoles binning turned second half

Full back was good but needs to change nationality

The rest were either clueless or shit, some both

Don't get to see much top 14 but it seems to be a power game that doesn't work at international level. Glad we were able to expose just how shit they are. Still think its the league that is killing the national side. France give the illusion of strength cos the knock off sh sides occasionally, which we can't. Plus there is the $$$ which means they have to be kept sweet by pundits.

Has to be a better coach than psa but with all the money in the clubs and the politics of getting players available it would be the job from hell

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's a one-point points-for difference. Ireland will have to get pretty leaky to match Wales' points-against.
Righto. Orcs to win by heaps! Briefly thought a draw might be the go but there's no way that Ireland are going to lose to the shambolic French outfit

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
French performance

Best player was mas, who disrupted scrums enough to make it a penalty lottery.

Hooker was good in patches

Nyanga was invisible thanks to Sam and l idiot.

Picamoles binning turned second half

Full back was good but needs to change nationality

The rest were either clueless or shit, some both

Don't get to see much top 14 but it seems to be a power game that doesn't work at international level. Glad we were able to expose just how shit they are. Still think its the league that is killing the national side. France give the illusion of strength cos the knock off sh sides occasionally, which we can't. Plus there is the $$$ which means they have to be kept sweet by pundits.

Has to be a better coach than psa but with all the money in the clubs and the politics of getting players available it would be the job from hell

There was an interesting discussion on RTÉ about the French coaching set up and the lack of structure for the players. It was suggested that maybe it's time for the first foreign coach of France.

Status
Not open for further replies.