• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I never bag refs as a rule, they have a tough job, but the bloke in charge of the Parra Randwick game should hand in his badge. He had no idea what was going on in the scrums, his missing of crucial ruck infringements by green and the diabolical sin binning of Woods were examples of his ineptitude. Mind you he got no help from his assistant refs either. If he watches the game again I hope he learns from it. It is a shame to have a contest unfairly slanted like that.

Ah Ryan, after our game against Gordon last week I know your pain. Who was it?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slim, i think you are missing the point. We understand the Brumbies stance, and are forced to accept it. BUT, there are players at the Brumbies that clearly did not come through the ACT nursery and you are claiming them as players of your local comp. I'll find it very hard to believe if those players were provided a choice of club rugby they'd still be playing down there. We are forced to accept Brumbies players having to play down there, maybe you should accept that a number of the Brumbies players were brought up through our nursery.

The second part clearly contradicts the first.........

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Ref was very poor but parramatta only have themselves to blame. Didn't turn up for first and last ten of the first half and lack of support for the runners cost a lot of turnovers.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Souths - Easts game was good to watch. Easts unlucky not to win. Controversial penalty goal to Souths with 5 to go out them in front, but the real damage was done when Souths scored two tries when the Easts 7 was in the bin. If Easts play like they did yesterday then they will trouble some teams. They effectively played 3 number 7s in the backrow. Worked well when they were all on the paddock.
Souths Waratahs didn't do much apart from Holloway who has a great work rate. Their backline looks threatening.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The second part clearly contradicts the first...
You are claiming them as players of your local comp. Scott Sio

We are forced to accept Brumbies players having to play down there, maybe you should accept that a number of the Brumbies players were brought up through our nursery. Brumbies had very limited involvement with Scott Sio.

Maybe the Brumbies should pick out of the John I Dent comp / colts comp rather that out of the Shute Shield, i"ve read recent posts that some John I Dent teams would smoke teams in the Shute

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thommo's match report for the Two Blues v Randwick match is now up on the Parramatta club website

I didn't detect tears but the disappointment is palpable. I will buy him a beer at Parramatta Pacific Day next week to console him. Not that I am promoting alcohol as a crutch.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And their good work has done great things for the Waratahs over the years, hasn't it? While they have been winning premierships, the Tahs have been winning nothing. Nothing at all.

You said it brother. It's got something to do with the style of rugby that they choose to play, with the immense talent they have at their disposal.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
From the NSW RU web site, it would appear that there would only be 3 fifth grade teams Randwick, Northern Suburbs, and Manly.

Not much of a competition. Have all the fifths headed off to Subbies in the other clubs?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Perfect day for Gordon out at Penrith and at Chatswood. Good to get the Monkey of the Manly game off our back.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Copy-of-IMG_7778-658x1024.jpg

.........and I'll leave it at that.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
From the NSW RU web site, it would appear that there would only be 3 fifth grade teams Randwick, Northern Suburbs, and Manly.

Not much of a competition. Have all the fifths headed off to Subbies in the other clubs?

I'm surprised there's no Uni or Eastwood - both traditionally have big numbers.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Meanwhile the climate change deniers of Australian rugby keep saying that there is growth in player numbers in Heavensgame, and then there is nothing to worry about the alleged decline in Sydney, because the game is going gangbusters everywhere else.

We are so lucky that high level management of the game is in the safe hands of people experienced in complex sports management issues.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Meanwhile the climate change deniers of Australian rugby keep saying that there is growth in player numbers in Heavensgame, and then there is nothing to worry about the alleged decline in Sydney, because the game is going gangbusters everywhere else.

We are so lucky that high level management of the game is in the safe hands of people experienced in complex sports management issues.

See also the CHS thread and note the demise of the traditional Wednesday afternoon rugby competitions, where rugby has been replaced by soccer and touch football as the inter-school competitive sports. Most schools' rugby programme now consists of 1 Waratah Shield match or a local gala day - but these boys are still counted as "players", so it it fact seems that player numbers are the same or have grown.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
What politics? He plays club rugby for Royals... :rolleyes:

It was a joke Joyce !.......reference in brackets to politics was a nod to the stance of the sage of Sydney Uni re comments on another but not entirely unrelated thread - Colts 2013. So if ACT club rugby is some sort of humour free sacred cow here's one for you - as we are on the Shute Shield thread - the SS is far and away the best club rugby competition in the country and any player but particularly those from Sydney contracted to super 15 clubs not playing in it when they can are not playing at the highest level ie; camping out. Discuss

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)

Based on subbies Div 1 and 2 results reported today it seems so - clubs seem to be fielding 6 teams, in the case of Colleagues adding teams in the guise of Colleagues Convicts its 9(?). The ICMS team in Div 6 is sponsored and coached by Manly . Based on the "quality" of its international heavily nordic support base (no sexism on this thread) who watched the Bandicoots beat Manly Savers after first grade at Manly yesterday evening we are at risk of wholesale defection to subbies. Certainly a lot of the regular crowd chose to hang round and I'm not sure it was all about the rugby...5ths kicked off at 9:30am with the ICMS game finishing around 6pm - a great day of club rugby . Perhaps another pointer to the merit in SS clubs aligning with subbies to accommodate player development and fluctuations in ability or desire to commit to the increasing demands of top grade competition

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Status
Not open for further replies.